Activate Your Free
Articles filed under College of DuPage
Enrollment increase justifies new building Jul 14, 2014 5:01 AM
A Glen Ellyn letter to the editor: Recently the Daily Herald published a letter from a College of DuPage board member who questioned the approval of a new classroom facility on the Glen Ellyn campus. It is important that your readers have an accurate representation of the facts related to this board action, which passed by a margin of 6-1.
COD moving ahead with learning center project Jul 11, 2014 4:54 PM
The College of DuPage will move forward with the planned construction of a Teaching and Learning Center, despite the loss of a $20 million construction grant from the state, spokesman Joseph Moore said. The board of trustees already had committed $30 million for construction of the center, which will provide more classroom space on the school’s Glen Ellyn campus.
COD student releases new single Jul 3, 2014 8:28 AM
Singer and College of DuPage student Alexa Lee Torres recently released her new single “Never Forgotten” during a performance at an event sponsored by the From the Barrio Foundation.
Text of COD president’s email Jul 3, 2014 8:14 AM
This is the text of the email College of DuPage President Robert Breuder sent to the board of trustees on May 9 concerning the school’s pursuit of $20 million in state funding from Gov. Pat Quinn’s office.
COD commits $30 million to new classroom building Jul 2, 2014 5:30 AM
College of DuPage trustees have committed $30 million to build a Teaching and Learning Center to provide more classroom space for students on the Glen Ellyn campus. Preliminary plans call for the center to house a large number of 35-seat general purpose classrooms, a smaller amount of 25-seat general purpose classrooms, two 50-seat general science classrooms, four 25-seat computer classrooms and a computer lab.
COD president defends push for state grant money Jul 2, 2014 5:44 AM
College of DuPage President Robert Breuder is defending himself from charges by a government watchdog group that he's seeking state money for an unplanned building project. “For someone to say this building was fabricated at a moment's notice to be able to justify the $20 million wouldn't be aware of all that had been done before this,” he said.
Email prompts Quinn to withhold $20 million in funding for COD Jul 3, 2014 8:54 AM
The College of DuPage won't receive a $20 million state construction grant now that Gov. Pat Quinn has seen an email detailing President Robert Breuder's strategy to secure the long-promised funding for the Glen Ellyn school. “The tactics used by the president in his email” convinced the governor not to release the $20 million the school hoped to use for a Teaching and Learning Center, a Quinn spokesman said Wednesday.
Caillat, Caliendo part of MAC’s new season Jun 26, 2014 4:33 PM
The McAninch Arts Center in Glen Ellyn is kicking off its first full season after a $35 million renovation with performances by Colbie Caillat, Frank Caliendo and others.
Glen Ellyn District 41 appoints new board member Jun 13, 2014 7:44 PM
A former College of DuPage associate dean, Cathryn Wilkinson, has been named to the Glen Ellyn Elementary District 41 school board to replace Sam Black. Wilkinson was chosen from among 14 applicants interviewed by the board.
COD science instructor releases third mystery novel Jun 10, 2014 8:30 AM
Rick Polad, an Earth science instructor at College of DuPage, recently released his third Spencer Manning mystery novel, “Harbor Nights.” The book is the third in the series, following “Change of Address” and “Dark Alleys.”
COD’s Naperville center getting $4.3 million face-lift May 29, 2014 5:30 AM
The College of DuPage plans to spend roughly $4.3 million to renovate its Naperville Regional Center with an eye toward bolstering its appearance and offering improved resources for students. The center at 1223 Rickert Drive will be closed during the remodeling, officials said, and is scheduled to reopen in time for the spring 2015 term.
COD plays host to fire service ‘Home Day’ May 28, 2014 12:51 PM
College of DuPage will play host to the ninth annual Illinois Fire Service “Home Day” from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 5, in the Homeland Security Education Center on the college’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn.
Chef Nadia Tilkian makes Glen Ellyn's Waterleaf shimmer May 20, 2014 5:30 AM
Tucked within Glen Ellyn's College of DuPage campus in the gleaming Culinary & Hospitality Center, steps from the student kitchen, is an upscale, approachable gem of a restaurant: Waterleaf. Adding to its appeal — and cred — Nadia Tilkian of erstwhile Maijean Bistro is in the kitchen, overseeing what is, from start to finish, sublime fare. The spot proves an impressive, professionally run find, one with a celebrated wine list to match.
Teaching a passion for top COD instructor May 15, 2014 12:26 PM
Lubna Haque, associate professor of chemistry at the College of DuPage, has been named the Overall Outstanding Faculty Member for 2013-2014. Representing the Health and Sciences Division, Haque will receive a $1,000 award from the College of DuPage Foundation, which annually recognizes outstanding teaching achievement at the college.
COD sends Buffalo Theatre Ensemble packing May 13, 2014 2:56 PM
The curtain has dropped on the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble performing at College of DuPage. School officials have ended COD’s relationship with the professional theater group, which had been in residence at the college’s Glen Ellyn campus since 1987. “After careful review, the college has decided not to bring back the Buffalo Theatre Ensemble,” said Diana Martinez, director of the school’s McAninch Arts Center.
COD professor and student to visit Sri Lanka bringing gifts of art May 6, 2014 12:26 PM
Painting student Evangeline Alagaratnam visited her native Sri Lanka two years ago and found children struggling to go to school in that war-torn country. She helped renovate a dilidated orphanage, which is now an orphanage and school for 30 students. She showed pictures of the students to Jennifer Hereth, her painting instructor at College of DuPage, and Hereth had her students paint portraits of the children.
The Soapbox May 16, 2014 5:48 PM
Daily Herald editors this week are tallying texting drivers, musing on "the butterfly effect" and offering kudos to retiring educators who coach and conduct.
The Soapbox May 3, 2014 5:01 AM
Daily Herald editors speak up about the Arlington racetrack's remarkable anniversary and about suburban ties to a possible Loyola NCAA championship, among other topics.
COD and forest preserve may partner to save ‘farm’ May 1, 2014 4:20 PM
A small "community farm" that existed for years on the College of DuPage campus could find a new home at a nearby forest preserve. There's no longer any space for the COD Community Education Farm on the college's Glen Ellyn campus. But there is talk of relocating the farm to a roughly 1-acre plot of existing farmland at Danada Forest Preserve in Wheaton.
Illinois Geographic Bee participants Apr 4, 2014 6:48 PM
Students from across the suburbs participated in the Illinois State Geographic Bee on Friday at College of DuPage.
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Police still seek man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Chamber executive Henning advocate for business, Aurora
- Changes at animal control facility raising some concerns
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Elgin man dies of injuries from morning crash
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Just now concerned about middle class?
- Tell the truth on global warming
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Woodstock filmmaker makes movie for his late son
- Tax net worth of wealthy freeloaders
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Whites, Hispanics, Asians grow at historically black colleges
- Plea deal near for teen accused of killing sister
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- Over 300 building violations found at DuPage fairgrounds
- TREE CLIMBER - Horticulture -Tree Climber 5-10 years exp., Bucket Truck exp. a plus. GRO Horticultural Enterprises, Inc. Phone -847-669-8658 (id:4396205) GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4396295) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929)
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS - Team Rehabilitation Physical Therapy has openings for full-time and part-time Front Desk Admission positions at our Arlington Heights Clinic. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefit package and bonuses. Apply online at www.team-rehab.com (id:4396446) MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396445)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.