Expand your horizons at a lecture series developed by the Harper College Continuing Education Lifelong Learning Institute and co-sponsored by the Barrington Area Council on Aging and The Garlands of Barrington.
The series will run from September through December; the 13 lectures offered include:
• Famous Americans: A Biography of John F. Kennedy
• Short Story Treasures
• Chicago's Lake Shore Drive
• "Please Call Me Amy": The story of Amy McCormick
• Women Collectors and Their Museums
• The Great American Songbook
• Young at Heart
• Dedication to Veterans
• Making a List: The Secular Songs of Christmas
Classes will meet at The Garlands of Barrington, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington. All classes meet for one day only, except for "Short Story Treasures," which meets weekly from Sept. 15 through Nov. 24. Cost ranges from free to $15.
For a complete schedule, including course descriptions, dates, faculty and costs, visit BACOA's website at www.bacoa.org or call Linda Avellon at BACOA at (847) 852-3892.
The Barrington Area Council on Aging, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization. Its mission is to serve seniors, family caregivers and the community. Visit our website at www.bacoa.org.