• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole a Firestar .40 caliber silver handgun with black grips and other personal property between June 14 and 21 out of a storage unit at U Store It, 903 E. Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $500.
• Jamarr J. Payne, 21, of the 100 block of Robert Court, Bartlett, was arrested around 9 a.m. June 26 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana. He also was arrested on a warrant out of Kane County. His court date is July 15.
• Thieves stole a bicycle around 5 p.m. July 1 parked at the Metra depot on the 200 block of West Railroad. Value was estimated at $1,900.
• Thieves stole a red mountain bike around 8 p.m. June 28 out of a front yard on the 900 block of Sandpiper Court.
• Vandals broke glass on a slide and scorched the slide's platform June 27 at Hawk Hollow Elementary School on the 200 block of Jacaranda Drive.
• Brendan W. Murphy, 18, of the 100 block of Suffield, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 3 a.m. June 14 in Arlington Heights and charged with theft after residents in a home on the 500 block of Bradley called police when they discovered a cellphone missing. The phone was tracked to the Arlington Heights location and Murphy was arrested.
• Ricardo J. Johnson, 19, of the 7900 block of Luna, Morton Grove; Romuald M. Magloire, 18, of the 8100 block of Kilpatrick, Skokie; Jacob T. Robinson, 18, of the 5100 block of Howard, Skokie; Colin C. Jaramillo, 18, of the 5200 block of Carol, Skokie; and Jacob H. Levinson, 18, of the 1100 block of Johnson, Buffalo Grove, were arrested at Levinson's home around 1:33 a.m. June 13. Robinson, Magloire, and Jaramillo were charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor; Levinson was charged with social/host responsibility and consumption of alcohol by a minor; and Johnson was charged with criminal damage to property and consumption of alcohol by a minor. According to reports, Johnson exploded a firecracker that damaged a toilet. Officers were called and the arrests ensued.
• Alan Fijalkowski, 19, of the 700 block of South Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 9:45 p.m. June 13 at the police department and charged with discharge of a BB gun. Witnesses told police they saw a man shoot a BB gun on the 0-100 block of Oak Creek around 9 p.m. that night. Based on a description, officers found and arrested him.
• Dimitriy Fayer, 34, of the 400 block of Partridge, Deerfield, was arrested around 11:15 a.m. June 28 on the 400 block of Dundee Road and charged with possession of marijuana and speeding.
• Thieves stole a boys' bicycle between June 30 and July 1 locked in a bike rack at Kilmer School, 655 Golfview.
• Diego Mendez, 37, of the 6700 block of Pinetree, Hanover Park, was arrested around 10:44 a.m. June 29 at his home and charged with disorderly conduct.
• Karina L. Hardwick, 19, of the 5700 block of Gardner Court, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:44 p.m. June 29 on the 1900 block of Lake Street and charged with underage consumption of alcohol and resisting arrest.
• Bruce R. Suchar, 67, of the 5900 block of Danby, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11 a.m. June 28 on the 5500 block of County Farm Road and charged with battery.
• Thieves stole a women's unlocked blue and silver mountain bike between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. June 13 from the Jewel Foods loading dock, 333 E. Euclid Ave. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars cut the lock between June 2 and 5 on a storage locker in an apartment building on the 1700 block of West Palm Drive and stole a TV, stereo and speakers, camera and miscellaneous items. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves stole a boys' unlocked silver mountain bike between 11 p.m. May 23 and 8 p.m. May 24 out of the front yard at a home on the 400 block of South Hi Lusi. Value was estimated at $350.
• Thieves stole a cellphone and case between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. June 15 out of a customer's back pocket at BlackFinn restaurant, 157 Randhurst Village Drive. The victim tracked the phone to an apartment complex at Rand Road and Thomas Avenue but did not find the phone. Value was estimated at $420.
• Burglars stole $520 between 9:15 a.m. and 12:55 p.m. June 13 out of an unlocked 2009 Nissan Versa on the 1000 block of Boxwood Drive. The car was locked but a small child in the home pressed the lock remote while playing with it.