• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Jonathan D. Beamon, 22, of the 500 block of West Central Parkway, Woodstock, was arrested around 11:40 p.m. Jan. 25 at the Metra depot, 1051 Northwest Hwy. and charged with battery. Reports said he fought with three men on the train. A conductor saw him put one in a headlock and punch the other two, reports said. His court date is Feb. 25.
• A boy, 10-12 years old, was seen on a security video around 11:45 a.m. Jan. 27 taking two video games out of their covers and leaving the Des Plaines Public Library, 1501 Ellinwood St. Value was estimated at $120.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $400 between 12:30 and 1 p.m. Jan. 24 from the second floorchildren's book area or a self-checkout area at the Des Plaines Public Library, 1501 Ellinwood St.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $200 between 1:40 and 3:15 p.m. Jan. 17 left in a classroom at Maine West High School, 1755 S. Wolf Road.
• Burglars broke a front glass door between 1:05 and 1:10 a.m. Jan. 29 at a currency exchange, 1505 S. Elmhurst Road, and tried to steal money out of cash register drawers and an unlocked safe. However, the store does not handle cash; it only works with checks, so nothing was missing. The offenders broke a copy machine;damage was estimated at $1,000.
• A man scammed Goodwill out of $70 around 5:50 p.m. Jan. 26 at 1521 S. Lee St. by requesting change while purchasing a T-shirt. He counted and picked up several $5 and $10 bills and placed them back down in stacks many times. The cashier discovered the money missing when she closed out the register.
• A man was seen on a security video taking a purse around 8:24 p.m. Jan. 26 out of the smoking lounge at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, after the owner left it there by mistake. Value was estimated at $880.
• Two men were seen on a security video kicking and breaking the main entrance door around 2 a.m. Jan. 27 at Wireless Land, 1051 Elmhurst Road, breaking glass display cases and removing merchandise. Loss was estimated at $800.
• Yessica Maldonado, 19, of the 2200 block of George Street, Rolling Meadows, Sergio Sarabia Jr., 19, of the 2600 block of Fremont Street, Rolling Meadows, and Luis O. Delacruz-Samirripa, 20, of the 5600 block of Astor Lane, Rolling Meadows, were arrested around 12:55 a.m. Jan. 26 on he 1600 block of Oakton Street and charged with consumption of alcoholic liquor by a minor. Their court date is March 12.
• Alisha L. Swartz, 32, of the 600 block of Carroll Square, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 7:30 a.m. Jan. 27 at her home and charged with disorderly conduct. Her court date is Feb. 25.
• Daniel M. Schock, 27, of the 2400 block of Golf Road, Rolling Meadows, was arrested around 5 p.m. Jan. 28 on the 5000 block of Jarvis Avenue and charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance. His court date is March 18.
• Angel M. Salgado, 18, of the 200 block of Tower Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. Jan. 20 on Ridge Avenue south of Elk Grove Boulevard and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Burglars stole a GPS and charger between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Jan. 23 out of an unlocked 2004 Nissan Quest minivan on the 2000 block of Lunt Avenue. Value was estimated at $335.
• Vandals smashed the rear windshield between 3 and 5:15 p.m. Jan. 22 on a 2007 Toyota on the 1900 block of North Green Lane.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Honda between 5:40 and 7:39 p.m. Jan. 21 on the 700 block of West Euclid and stole a purse.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 12:30 and 12:40 a.m. Jan. 26 out of a Mazda left running and unlocked on the 300 block of West Palatine Road.
• Burglars pried an entry door Jan. 22 at an apartment building clubhouse and leasing office, 500 E. Constitution, and stole five flat-screen TVs, two computer monitors, two laptops, approximately $300 in petty cash, video games and controllers, a Blu-ray player, two netbook computers, and two video-game systems.