Breaking News Bar
posted: 1/6/2014 3:38 PM

VFW hosts raffles on Thursday nights in January

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 

Submitted by VFW Post 1307

The Watch City Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1307 is hosting a "Queen of Hearts" raffle every Thursday night in January at the post home, 1601 Weld Road on Elgin's west side.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Tickets are on sale at the VFW canteen bar and the drawings are held at 7 p.m. sharp.

For this raffle, the private members club is open to all veterans and supporters of veterans. This raffle is sanctioned by a permit from the Kane County Clerk.

New boards start out at 20 percent of the previous board's advertised jackpot. Raffle tickets can be purchased from the bartender at the Elgin VFW in advance, but must have name, phone number, and what number you want drawn.

Monies from ticket sales are split three ways: one-third to the winner, one-third to the jackpot, and the rest to the VFW. When the winning ticket is drawn, the winner will receive one-third of the ticket sales money and choose a numbered card from the board. If the Queen of Hearts is flipped, the winner will receive 80 percent of the advertised jackpot. The remaining 20 percent goes to the new jackpot. If the winner is not present at the time of the drawing, they receive half of what their winnings would have been (one-sixth of ticket sales and 40 percent of the jackpot if it's a winner). The remaining monies go to the VFW. No proxies are allowed for winners not present. If a winner flips a joker, they will receive $100 in addition to their ticket winnings. If not present, they receive $50. Ticket sales for the following week begin the Friday after the drawing.

For details, visit www.vfw1307.org or call (847) 888-9809.

Share this page
    help here