• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars forced open the rear door (setting off an alarm) around 4:20 a.m. Jan. 4 at Yen Yen restaurant, 4226 N. Arlington Heights Road, and stole the cash register containing over $100. An offender seen on a security video was as a white male, 5-foot-9 to 6-foot tall, medium build and wearing a black knit cap, gray hoodie, dark pants, black puffy winter coat and carrying a gray or tan backpack.
• Offenders cut the telephone lines between 10:40 p.m. Jan. 3 and 2:30 p.m. Jan. 4 at Danny's Pizza, 4216 N. Arlington Heights Road, but apparently did not enter the building.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $100 and a small purse containing various business/credit cards between 6:30 p.m. Dec. 31 and 9:38 p.m. Jan. 1 out of an unlocked 2007 Kia Amanti in a driveway on the 1400 block of North Race.
• Thieves stole a snowplow for a skid-steer between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Dec. 12 out of a business lot at 914 S. Arthur Ave. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• A man stole a wallet valued at $75 between 3:30 and 4:45 a.m. Jan. 1 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. He claimed the wallet belonged to him when it was found on a counter.
• Thieves stole a white 1999 Stoughton trailer around 3 a.m. Dec. 28 out of a lot at 1747 Winthrop.
• Burglars rifled through a Pontiac between 1 and 9 a.m. Dec. 27 on the 500 block of Ida Street. Nothing appeared to be missing, but the stereo screen was smashed. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole a red scooter valued at $1,000 between Dec. 22 and 27 from a driveway at a home on the 1000 block of Crabtree Lane.
• Thieves stole a UPS package containing a Big Wheel tricycle between 10:34 a.m. Dec. 11 and 6 a.m. Dec. 12 in the mailroom at an apartment building on the 700 block of Pearson Street. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a black wallet and two long-sleeve polo shirts between Oct. 27 and Dec. 22 out of a closet in an apartment on the 800 block of East Laurel Avenue. The victim planned to give them as Christmas presents but discovered them missing when he went to the closet to wrap them.
Elk Grove Village
• Police conducted increased traffic enforcement during the holiday period between Dec. 20 and Jan. 5. Officers worked 62 additional hours, stopped 141 vehicles, issuing 157 seat belt citations, one child restraint citation, one uninsured motor vehicle citation and 26 other citations for various moving or equipment violations. Five people were charged with possession of cannabis or cannabis paraphernalia. The program is funded by a federal grant.
• Police conducted increased traffic enforcement during the holiday period between Dec. 20 and Jan. 5. Police issued 26 tickets for seat belt violations, arrested two people on DUI charges, two for possession of cannabis, two for driving on a suspended license, and issued eight speeding tickets, seven for no insurance, two for transportation of open alcohol, and 17 for other traffic violations. The program is funded by a federal grant.
• Alexandra Lyn Valentino, 19, of the 2300 block of South Goebbert Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested Dec. 27 at Target, 679 E. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take three Bluetooth speakers valued at $540.