Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A burglar entered the unlocked back door between 4 and 4:15 p.m. Dec. 13 at a home on the 700 block of South Beverly Lane, while the residents were outside but not near the home, and stole two women's gold designer watches, two men's gold designer watches, a diamond ring, diamond engagement ring, diamond tennis bracelet, gold and diamond pendant necklace, and 600 euros out of the master bedroom. Officers found one pair of suspicious shoe prints in the snow. The prints led through the victims' backyard to a neighbor's backyard. Value was estimated at $23,300.
• Kyra N. Hantel, 30, of the 100 block of North Russel Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:50 a.m. Dec. 14 at Northwest Highway and Kensington Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, traffic violations and DUI. Her court date is Jan. 21.
• Vandals scratched the hood between 7:45 and 8:45 p.m. Dec. 9 on a 2008 Mercury Mariner SUV in a store lot at 990 W. Algonquin Road.
• Timothy M. Brown, 50, of the 1600 block of West Lemoyne, Chicago, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. Dec. 11 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with criminal damage and criminal trespass. Reports said he punched and poured coffee on a slot machine and violated a permanent ban to the casino. He had been evicted three times before, reports said. His court date is Dec. 18.
• Alexander C. Kleinsmith, 28, of the 4200 block of North Springfield Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 8 p.m. Dec. 11 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with criminal trespass. Reports said he was asked to leave and refused. His court date is Jan. 17.
• Marino Jozic, 24, of the 2300 block of South Magnolia Street, Des Plaines and Govargiz Ashoormaram, 22, of the 9500 block of North Lavergne Avenue, Skokie, were arrested around 3:44 a.m. Dec. 8 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery. Reports said they pushed a security guard in the chest with both hands while being escorted from the casino. Their court date is Dec. 27.
• Kalee Principato, 19, of the 700 block of Holiday Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested during a traffic stop around 12:30 a.m. Dec. 6 on the 1200 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and making an improper turn. Her court date is Dec. 23.
• Burglars forced open the rear door between 8:50 a.m. and 3 p.m. Dec. 4 at a home on the 1200 block of White Street and stole a 40-inch plasma TV, Blu Ray player and cash out of a basement bedroom. The offenders tried but failed to open the locked door that leads to the rest of the house. Value was estimated at $1,485.
•Thieves stole a cellphone in a hot pink case between 11:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. Dec. 12 out of a coat pocket in a locker room at the YMCA, 300 E. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves cut and stole a catalytic converter between 8:05 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 12 from a Chevrolet in a lot at 2200 E. Devon Ave. Value was estimated at $350.
• A motorist left the BP gas station, 800 S. Elmhurst Road, around 4 p.m. Dec. 11 without paying for gas valued at $58.
• Thieves stole Christmas decorations between 6 p.m. Dec. 4 and 11 a.m. Dec. 5: a 6-foot white plastic inflatable snowman on the 500 block of North Vassar Lane, four sets of LED Christmas lights on the 500 block of Arlington Avenue, and a 6-foot plastic inflatable Rudolf reindeer on the 300 block of South Wolf Road. Value was estimated at $150.
• A witness saw a man in his 60s pry open several mailboxes, possibly using a silver flathead screwdriver, around 5:25 p.m. Dec. 6 and stole items in the boxes in a mailroom on the 800 block of East Oakton Street. He was described with salt and pepper hair, average build, skinny legs, walked with a limp and was wearing a tan jacket and gray work pants.
• Three men, ages 18-21, stole bottles of vodka between 10:10 and 10:15 p.m. Dec. 6 from Jewel, 1500 S. Lee St. They pushed a person who tried to stop them and they ran from the store.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a 2004 Freightliner Columbia 120 between Nov. 29 and Dec. 4 out of a company parking lot at 2630 Greenleaf Avenue. Value was estimated at $75,000.
• Thieves cut off and stole the catalytic converter between 9:15 and noon Dec. 7 from a 2006 Honda Element SUV in a lot on the 1000 block of Cedarwood Court. Value was estimated at $905.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Mitsubishi coupe between 2:30 and 2:39 p.m. Dec. 3 in a lot on the 700 block of East Dundee Road and stole more than $3,600 in cash and two checks hidden under a bag on a passenger's-side seat.
• Mark T. Hunt, 37, of the 300 block of North Lytle Drive, Palatine, was arrested Dec. 8 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft. Police reports said a security agent saw him take several DVD and Blu Ray movies valued at $260.
• Thieves stole a snowflake projector valued at $57 around 6:30 p.m. Dec. 9 out of the front yard at a home on the 800 block of South Harvard Drive.
• Burglars entered a locked home between Nov. 23 and Dec. 8 on the 600 block of West Gilbert Road, ransacked drawers and cabinets and stole jewelry.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close