• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole an unlocked blue Schwinn bicycle valued at $300 from the sidewalk in the 1-100 block of South Evergreen about 5:30 p.m. July 3.
• Burglars entered a home in the 1600 block of West Olive Street the evening of June 29 through an unlocked rear window and removed an Acer desktop computer valued at $1,800 and a jewelry box with $1,300 in costume and gold jewelry.
• Thieves removed a silver 2003 Chevy Silverado extended cab truck from an apartment parking lot in the 600 block of West Rand Road between 10 p.m. June 28 and 11 a.m. June 29.
• Burglars entered a silver 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe and removed approximately $150 from the purse left on the front passenger seat between 9:25 and 11 a.m. June 28 in a business parking lot at 928 West Algonquin Road.
• Burglars entered a white 2013 Lincoln MKX between 1 and 3:30 p.m. June 28 to remove approximately $2,800 from the victim's wallet, which was in the glove box. The vehicle was in a wellness center parking lot at 900 West Central Road.
Elk Grove Village
• Police conducted increased traffic enforcement during the July Fourth holiday period in four enforcement areas where a zero-tolerance stance was taken against those not wearing a seat belt or using the proper child safety restraint systems. Additionally, 30 hours of saturation patrol focusing on impaired driving was conducted throughout the village. Police stopped 127 vehicles and issued 83 seat belt citations, seven child restraint violations, 16 speeding citations, four improper use of an electronic controlled device, 10 other moving violations, two no insurance violations, 14 equipment or registration violations, and three drivers were arrested on charges of driving without a license.
• Thieves stole a jewelry box containing six diamond rings and miscellaneous bracelets between 9:05 a.m. July 5 and 2:30 p.m. July 6 out of a home on the 400 block of Amherst Avenue. The owner of a cleanup company and two crew members were in the home cleaning up flood damage. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• Thieves stole a gold chain between 2 and 3 p.m. July 6 out of a purse in a retirement home on the 800 block of South River Road. According to police reports, items have been taken from other residents but not reported.
• Thieves stole a gold necklace, silver necklace and gold ring with a blue sapphire stone and small diamonds between June 1 and July 6 out of a home on the 1000 block of Clark Lane. Value was estimated at $5,600.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer valued at $2,000 between May 13 and July 3 out of the manager's office at Wendy's restaurant, 1595 S. Lee St.
• Daniel James Klamerus, 19, of the 1900 block of Fenton Lane, Park Ridge, was arrested around 3:35 a.m. July 4 at the police department, 1420 E. Miner St., and charged with possession of a controlled substance (cocaine). He also was charged with traffic violations and DUI.
• Krista M. Peters, 27, of the 800 block of Lawless Avenue, Wilmette, was arrested around 7:10 p.m. June 29 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft after a security agent saw her take merchandise valued at $220. Her court date is Aug. 7.
• Burglars smashed the front glass door between 1:44 and 1:49 a.m. July 2 at United Wireless, 1051 S. Elmhurst Road, and opened cabinets in the rear of the store, but nothing appeared to be missing. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals hurled fireworks into a 2000 Acura Integra between 11 and 11:18 p.m. July 1. An umbrella on the front passenger's-side seat caught fire. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a handbag, wallet and cash around 10:30 a.m. July 1 out of an unlocked 1985 Dodge Caravan in a store lot at 1500 S. Lee St. Value was estimated at $520.
• Thieves stole a drill and drill hammer between 4 p.m. July 2 and 1 p.m. July 4 out of an attached garage at a home on the 300 block of Bellaire Avenue. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals set five trash receptacles on fire between 3:50 and 4:30 a.m. July 6 in an alley on the 1500, 1600 and 1700 blocks of East Oakton Street. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Thieves bent a chain-link fence and gate between 9 a.m. July 1 and 8 p.m. July 2 at a home on the 1400 block of Fern Drive and stole a female mannequin from the rear deck. Loss was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole a royal blue and sliver mountain bike between 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. July 4 out of the backyard at a home on the 100 block of South Kenilworth Avenue. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole an American flag and pole between 10 p.m. July 4 and 7 a.m. July 5 from the front of a home on the 400 block of South We-Go Trail. Value was estimated at $35.
• Vandals snapped a small parkway tree in half between 10 a.m. July 3 and 7 a.m. July 4 on the 400 block of South We-Go Trail. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Vandals hurled a rock that broke a front picture window at one home on the 1700 block of Mura Lane and threw a brick that broke a front picture window at a second home on the block between July 3 and 5. Vandals broke a window at a third home on the 1700 block of Mura on an undisclosed date. Damage was estimated over $2,100.
• Thieves stole a boys' white bicycle with orange handlebars between 2 p.m. July 5 and 6 p.m. July 6 out of the backyard at a home on the 1100 block of Robert Drive. Value was estimated at $120.
• Thieves stole a silver and black bicycle valued at $110 between 3:30 and 3:50 p.m. June 27 outside Home Depot, 350 E. Kensington Road.
• Burglars stole two subwoofers with box and an amplifier between June 23 and 29 out of a 2003 Cadillac Escalade in an apartment lot on the 900 block of Boxwood Drive. Value was estimated at $850.
• Vandals punctured three tires between 2 a.m. June 29 and 6 a.m. June 30 on a 2002 Cadillac Escalade in an apartment lot on the 900 block of West Dempster Street. Damage was estimated at $900.