• "A Chain of Thunder" author Jeff Shaara discusses his newest book about the Civil War at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 31, at the Libertyville Civic Center, 135 W. Church St., Libertyville. Books will be available for purchase and signing. The event is hosted by the Cook Memorial Public Library District. To register, call (847) 362-2330 or go to webres.cooklib.org.
• Author Ted Anton discusses and signs copies of his book "The Longevity Seekers: Science, Business and the Fountain of Youth" at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 1, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Children's book author Divya Srinivasan reads from and signs copies of her new children's book, "Octopus Alone," at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 1, at Anderson's Bookshop at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Author Kenneth N. Green discusses his book "I'm From Division Street" at several suburban locations beginning at 10 a.m. Monday, June 3, at a Harper College Lifelong Learning Institute program at the Arlington Heights Senior Center, 1801 W. Central Road, Arlington Heights. There is a $10 fee to attend. Register online at harpercollege.edu/ce or call (847) 925-6300. The course number is 80725. At 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 4, Green will discuss his book at the Glenview Public Library at 1930 Glenview Road, Glenview. Free. Registration is required by calling (847) 729-7500 or going to glenviewpl.org. Guests can also register at the library's readers services desk. At 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, Green will speak at the Ela Area Public Library District at 275 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich. Free. To register, call (847) 438-3433.
• Joelle Charbonneau reads from and signs copies of her young adult novel "The Testing" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 4, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet author John Rocco as he reads from and signs copies of his new book for young readers, "Super Hair-O and the Barber of Doom," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 4, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. (630) 963-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.