• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole a woman's brown and white mountain bike valued at $600 between May 8 and 16 out of an unlocked garage on the 500 block of South Roosevelt Avenue.
• Dan J. Kaplon, 51, of the 1300 block of Borden Street, Elgin, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. May 11 at Route 59 and Schick Road and charged with criminal damage to property. His court date is May 28.
• Anthony B. Hollings, 22, of the 400 block of Cromwell Circle, Bartlett, was arrested around 9:30 p.m. May 16 at South Bartlett and Stearns roads and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, traffic violation and DUI. His court date is June 4.
• Joel M. Wynter, 20, of the 4000 block of Club Tree Drive, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:05 a.m. May 14 on the 400 block of Chippendale Drive and charged with criminal trespass to vehicle. Two other offenders were not apprehended.
• Leon Gonzalez Jr., 18, of the 300 block of Woodhollow Drive, Bartlett, was arrested around noon May 10 on the 400 block of Woodhollow Drive and charged with delivery of marijuana. His court date is June 4.
• Brandon L. Burris, 23, of the 1400 block of Cypress Avenue, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:25 p.m. May 11 on the 100 block of Bartlett Plaza and charged with local ordinance trespassing. His court date is June 13.
• Burglars broke a deadbolt lock around 2:40 p.m. May 12 at a home on the 900 block of West Struckman Boulevard and stole money and a bottle of vodka. Loss was estimated at $730.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer out of an open garage on the 200 block of Melody Drive around 7 p.m. May 12. Value was estimated at $800.
• Thieves stole an iPod left on the owner's desk at Bartlett High School, 700 block of West Schick Road, around 4:30 p.m. May 9. Value was estimated at $330.
• Jose J. Estrada, 19, of the 200 block of Maplewood, Northlake, was arrested around 11:05 p.m. May 15 at Church and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana and unlawful consumption of alcohol.
• Trevor J. Peterson, 24, of the 0-100 block of Evergreen, Streamwood, was arrested around 3:45 p.m. May 15 on the 1500 block of Lake Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Willie Dixon, 56, of the 1300 block of Court D, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. May 14 in a park at 5400 Arlington and charged with consumption and possession of alcohol on park property.
• Heather L. Yale, 18, of the 1600 block of McCormack, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 12:40 a.m. May 12 at Barrington and Maple and charged with unlawful possession of alcohol.
• Michael Anthony Noe, 26, of the 4N500 block of Cambridge, West Chicago, was arrested around 10:05 p.m. May 11 at Bayside and Army Trail and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. He also was arrested on a failure to appear warrant out of Aurora.
• Vandals used blue and gold spray paint to write graffiti on a brick and concrete retaining wall in Douglas Park, 3794 Whispering Trail Drive between May 6 and 11.
• Burglars stole an air compressor and two tool boxes out of an open Chevrolet van between noon and 2 p.m. May 14 in a driveway on the 1700 block of McDonough Road. Value was estimated at $350.
• Douglas Glenn Wolf, 42, of the 1000 block of Parker Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 9:25 p.m. May 6 at his home and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said he hurled a roll of tape that cracked the windshield on a vehicle traveling west on Parker around 5:05 p.m. April 28. According to reports, Wolf tried to stop the vehicle because he felt the driver was going too fast; he told an officer that cars routinely drive too fast on the street and he wanted to tell the driver to slow down. Reports said the driver at first did not want to press charges; he just wanted the windshield repaired. On May 6, the victim contacted police and said he wanted to press charges because the repair work had not been done. Wolf's court date is May 20.
• Neil Lee Ciszczon, 20, of the 700 block of Indiana Lane, Elk Grove village, was arrested around 4:45 p.m. May 9 at Target, 1235 E. Higgins Road, and charged with retail theft after employee Ciszczon was accused of underringing merchandise. His court date is June 21.
• Jill Courtney Minster, 46, of the 7800 block of Ridgewood Bluff Drive, Egg Harbor, Wis., was arrested around 3 p.m. May 9 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she was accused of taking six cosmetic items, reports said. Her court date is June 12. Her case was expunged on Nov. 6, 2013.
• Marisela Carrillo, 35, of the 400 block of Ronald Drive, Addison, was arrested around 4 p.m. May 11 at J.C. Penney in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she was accused of taking seven clothing items, reports said. Her court date is June 7.