• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Sean F. Reagan, 23, of the 1100 block of Auburn Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. May 8 at 1041 W. Stearns Road and charged with local ordinance retail theft. His court date is June 13.
• Vandals pushed nails into a vehicle tire on the 200 block of Wayne Court around 2 p.m. May 9.
• Thieves stole the front grill grate from a vehicle around 9 a.m. May 6 on the 800 block of Route 59. Value was estimated at $140.
• Vandals set a trash container fire on the north side of Nature Ridge Elementary School, 1800 block of Westridge Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. May 7.
• Jonathan H. Mitchell, 41, of the 5600 block of Court Maria, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8 p.m. May 8 at Arlington and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana, DUI-drugs, and resisting a peace officer.
• Oscar Mandujano-Nava, 23, of the 2100 block of Narcissus, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:15 p.m. May 8 at his home and charged with local ordinance battery.
• David A. Sanders, 19, of the 13000 block of King, Riverdale, was arrested around 11:55 p.m. May 6 on the 7400 block of Astor and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Nery Sanchez, 18, of the 2100 block of Narcissus, Hanover Park, and a juvenile were arrested around 7:15 p.m. May 4 on the 2100 block of Narcissus and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves cut and stole the catalytic converter from a vehicle on the 2400 block of Leslie around 7 p.m. May 7.
• Thieves cut and stole the catalytic converter from an Oldsmobile van around 3:55 p.m. May 6 on the 2300 block of Glendale Terrace.
• A man broke into a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT around 11 p.m. April 29 at a home on the 1700 block of Queensbury and stole the in-dash stereo valued at $250. He left two screwdrivers in the car and a pair of latex gloves behind a hole in the fence leading to the 1800 block of Bristol Walk.
• Thieves cut off and stole the catalytic converter from seven Ford trucks belonging to U-Haul, 2475 Pembroke Ave., between 10:15 p.m. May 2 and 6:30 a.m. May 3. Value was estimated at $6,300.
• Thieves used a hydraulic jack to lift a 2013 Acura TL and steal the tires and rims between 7 p.m. May 4 and 8 a.m. May 6 at Woodfield Acura, 1099 W. Higgins Road. The offenders also used a concrete block to damage the passenger side of the car. Loss was estimated at $6,500.
• Thieves stole three brass water pipe caps (from the fire department water access pipes) between 11:30 p.m. May 5 and 8 a.m. May 6 in a business parking garage on the 2800 block of Greenspoint Parkway. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a red and gray 20-inch trick bicycle with bright orange pedals and trick pegs between 5:30 and 7:25 p.m. May 5 out of the front yard at a home on the 1900 block of Brookside. The bicycle had just been purchased that morning for $109.
• Burglars broke into a Jeep Grand Cherokee and an attached landscape trailer in a fenced construction site at Higgins Road and Arboretum Drive between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. May 8 and stole seven blue and white volleyballs valued at $60 and a wallet out of the car and a 2-cycle gas trimmer valued at $200 out of the trailer.
• A man claiming to be selling timeshares tricked a Hoffman Estates man out of $259 between April 3 and 29. The man told the victim he could sell his Las Vegas timeshare if he sent $199 for a title check and transfer fees. Police advised the victim to conduct background checks on any individual or company trying to get money from him.
• Angelica Texis, 26, of the 1100 block of Stoneham Street, Bensenville, was arrested around 5 p.m. May 5 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft. She was accused of taking miscellaneous items of clothing. Her court date is June 7.
• Le Phoung Hua, 44, of the 1200 block of South Patrick Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 5:45 p.m. April 27 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft. She was accused of taking miscellaneous items of clothing. Her court date is June 7.
• Mario D. Jones, 25, of the 2200 block of Pennview Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 7:10 p.m. April 30 at his home and charged with criminal damage to property. He was accused of cutting a TV cord in his home and kicking the front door. His court date is May 28.
• Daren Robert McIntyre, 46, of the 500 block of Barrett, Elgin, was arrested around 6 a.m. April 24 outside a hotel at 1551 Thoreau and charged with battery. He was accused of slapping a fellow cabdriver in the face during an argument over soliciting fares. His court date is June 12.