• Samuel F. Baylor, 20, of the 3000 block of Cranston Avenue, Elgin, was arrested and charged with possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana after a traffic stop at 12:15 a.m. Monday at Royal and McLean boulevards, Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. Police said they had stopped Baylor because he was speeding and he disobeyed a red light while making a U-turn.
Contact information ( * required )
• Jerry L. Elam, 57, of the 400 block of South Belmont Avenue, Elgin, was charged Thursday with battery, according to a police report. Elam got into an argument with the victim at his house, and struck her in the back of the head. No information was immediately available about Elam's next court date.
• Juan M. Delapaz, 20, of South Channing Street, Elgin, was arrested at about 1 a.m. Thursday and charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor and obstructing identification, according to a police report. He was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped on suspicion of disobeying a stop sign at Hill Avenue and Park Street. Delapaz didn't have identification with him and initially gave police a fake name. Delapaz had an outstanding felony warrant for misuse of credit card. No information was immediately available about Elam's next court date.
• A 14-year-old boy from Lake in the Hills was charged March 22 with possession of tobacco by a minor stemming from an incident at Huntley High School, police said. The boy was released with a notice to appear in McHenry County court April 22.
• A 15-year-old boy from Huntley was charged March 20 with battery stemming from an incident at Huntley High School, police said. The juvenile is due in court April 8 in McHenry County and was later released to a family member.