• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars removed a screen and attempted to pry open the rear window at a home on the 100 block of West Emerson Street between noon March 17 and 5:40 p.m. March 19. Damage to the window and frame was estimated at $250.
• Matthew W. Sowders, 21, of the 20100 block of North Ela Road, Barrington, was arrested Feb. 13 at 106 N. Northwest Hwy. and charged with forgery.
• Thieves stole an iPhone out of a locker at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main St., March 15.
• Andrew M. Castillo, 30, of the 100 block of 113th Place, Chicago, and Michael M. Guess, 28, of the 1900 block of Curtiss, Downers Grove, were arrested around 4 p.m. March 21 at a store, 1160 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with burglary and retail theft after they reportedly took several items.
• Daniel J. Arrigo, 22, of the 200 block of Harlem, Glenview, was arrested around 8:35 p.m. March 13 on Milwaukee Avenue near Deerfield and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and improper lighting.
• Burglars broke into a home between 6 and 9 p.m. March 15 on the 1600 block of Joseph.
• Thieves stole an employee's phone in a business at 1500 Abbott Court around noon March 13.
• Burglars broke into a car on the 100 block of North Arlington Heights Road around 8 p.m. March 8 and stole an iPad.
• A vandal hurled a rock that broke a first-floor storm window at a home on the 1300 block of East Inverrary Lane around 1:30 a.m. March 16.
• Burglars broke into a 1992 Honda coupe on the 700 block of East Constitution Drive between 11:30 p.m. March 12 and 1 p.m. March 13 and stole the in-dash stereo.
• Burglars stole two small lawn mower engines and an air compressor valued at $2,000 out of a 2008 Ford truck and stole all four doors on the 500 block of South Vermont Street between 11:30 p.m. March 16 and 8:15 a.m. March 18.
• Thieves stole a wallet after the female victim left it on the front counter at Justice For Girls, 1377 N. Rand Road, between 12:50 and 1:40 p.m. March 17. Value was estimated at $180.
• Burglars forced open an apartment building rear door and forced open an apartment door on the 0-100 block of West Johnson between 5:30 p.m. March 15 and 1:30 p.m. March 16 and stole a flat screen TV and money. Value was estimated at $800.
• Burglars tried to enter an apartment by opening a kitchen window on the 1300 block of North Winslowe between 6 a.m. March 15 and 1:45 p.m. March 17. Apparently, no one entered the apartment.