ThinkFirst! Assembly Topics Included:
• Introduction to Head and Spine Injury/Concussion with Dr. Gail Rosseau, Neurosurgeon, NorthShore University Health System
Contact information ( * required )
• Film from the ThinkFirst! National Injury Prevention Foundation
• Head Injuries: Anatomy and Function You Need to Know with Dr. David Randall, Neurologist, NorthShore University Health System
• Spine Injuries: Anatomy and Function You Need to Know with Dr. Shaun O'Leary, Neurosurgeon, NorthShore University Health System
• Myths about Head and Spine Injuries/Focus on Sports Concussions with Dr. Gail Rosseau, Neurosurgeon, NorthShore University Health System
• Voices in Injury Prevention (VIP) Speaker, Dale Spencer
• Review and Wrap Up with Dr. Gail Rosseau and her son, Brendan of Oak Park & River Forest High School
At the conclusion of the session, a panel of volunteer students participated in an interactive quiz session to demonstrate the knowledge they gained from the presentation.
Daniel Wright Junior High School is part of Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103, and is nationally recognized for excellence in education. Daniel Wright serves students in grades 5-8 who reside in School District 103, which is located in Lake County, Illinois. District 103 also includes Laura B. Sprague School for students in Early Childhood-grade 2, and Half Day School for students in grades 3-4. School District 103's mission is "to provide innovative learning experiences which empower each student to excel and make a difference in a diverse and interconnected world." For additional information about District 103, please visit www.d103.org.