Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals cut the rear patio screen and shattered the sliding glass door at a condominium on the 600 block of West Rand Road between 4:35 and 10:45 p.m. March 11.
• Thieves stole a wallet with cash, driver's license, credit/debit cards and a library card after the owner left it by mistake in an exam room at Northwest Community Hospital, 880 W. Central Road, between 3 and 4:30 p.m. March 12.
• Thieves stole an empty trailer out of a business lot at 55 E. Howard around 1:10 a.m. March 28. They were seen on a security video.
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti on a brick garbage enclosure at South School, 1535 E. Everett Ave., between 4 p.m. March 11 and 7:30 a.m. March 12.
• A Mount Prospect resident on the 900 block of South School Street is the fourth reported victim of a thief who advertised snow removal. The male victim sent $235 and a signed contract to someone called "Joe" on Nov. 16 but, as of March 7, no one had arrived to remove snow.
• A burglar stole loose change valued at $2 out of an unlocked 1997 Toyota Corolla in a driveway on the 1300 block of Robert Drive around 12:30 a.m. March 11. The female resident saw offender, about 20 years old, walking away. Possibly the same suspect was seen opening a door on a 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass in a driveway on the 1300 block of South Quail Walk around 1:10 a.m.; he fled when the car alarm sounded. He was wearing a black hat, black jacket and a backpack.
• Burglars stole a GPS with mount and cord out of an unlocked 2008 Dodge Ram pickup truck in a driveway on the 800 block of South See Gwun Avenue between 9 p.m. March 10 and 5:30 a.m. March 11. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a credit card on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road March 10 and used it March 11 to make a purchase valued at $110 at the Mount Prospect Walmart, $7 at a Redbox, and an undetermined amount at a Marathon gas station.
• Thieves stole the passenger's-side mirror from its housing unit on a 2005 Ford Expedition in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of East Old Willow Road between midnight and 12:55 p.m. March 11.
• Sylvia Pineda, 24, of the 500 block of Bohlander Avenue, Berkeley, was arrested around 2 p.m. March 7 at Sams Club, 1055 McHenry Road, and charged with theft by deception after employee Pineda reportedly took $5,013 in cash, credit/debit cards, and gift cards from her customer service cash drawer between Dec. 5 and March 7.
• Nicole M. Mastri, 44, of the 500 block of Isa Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 9:50 a.m. March 7 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took personal care items valued at $133.
• Burglars apparently climbed over a storage locker wall in an apartment building on the 400 block of Manda Lane between Jan. 10 and March 10 and stole a custom-made gold and sequenced prom dress, purple gloves and brown shoes. Value was estimated at $1,200.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close