• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals cut the rear patio screen and shattered the sliding glass door at a condominium on the 600 block of West Rand Road between 4:35 and 10:45 p.m. March 11.
• Thieves stole a wallet with cash, driver's license, credit/debit cards and a library card after the owner left it by mistake in an exam room at Northwest Community Hospital, 880 W. Central Road, between 3 and 4:30 p.m. March 12.
• Thieves stole an empty trailer out of a business lot at 55 E. Howard around 1:10 a.m. March 28. They were seen on a security video.
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti on a brick garbage enclosure at South School, 1535 E. Everett Ave., between 4 p.m. March 11 and 7:30 a.m. March 12.
• A Mount Prospect resident on the 900 block of South School Street is the fourth reported victim of a thief who advertised snow removal. The male victim sent $235 and a signed contract to someone called "Joe" on Nov. 16 but, as of March 7, no one had arrived to remove snow.
• A burglar stole loose change valued at $2 out of an unlocked 1997 Toyota Corolla in a driveway on the 1300 block of Robert Drive around 12:30 a.m. March 11. The female resident saw offender, about 20 years old, walking away. Possibly the same suspect was seen opening a door on a 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass in a driveway on the 1300 block of South Quail Walk around 1:10 a.m.; he fled when the car alarm sounded. He was wearing a black hat, black jacket and a backpack.
• Burglars stole a GPS with mount and cord out of an unlocked 2008 Dodge Ram pickup truck in a driveway on the 800 block of South See Gwun Avenue between 9 p.m. March 10 and 5:30 a.m. March 11. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a credit card on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road March 10 and used it March 11 to make a purchase valued at $110 at the Mount Prospect Walmart, $7 at a Redbox, and an undetermined amount at a Marathon gas station.
• Thieves stole the passenger's-side mirror from its housing unit on a 2005 Ford Expedition in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of East Old Willow Road between midnight and 12:55 p.m. March 11.
• Sylvia Pineda, 24, of the 500 block of Bohlander Avenue, Berkeley, was arrested around 2 p.m. March 7 at Sams Club, 1055 McHenry Road, and charged with theft by deception after employee Pineda reportedly took $5,013 in cash, credit/debit cards, and gift cards from her customer service cash drawer between Dec. 5 and March 7.
• Nicole M. Mastri, 44, of the 500 block of Isa Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 9:50 a.m. March 7 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took personal care items valued at $133.
• Burglars apparently climbed over a storage locker wall in an apartment building on the 400 block of Manda Lane between Jan. 10 and March 10 and stole a custom-made gold and sequenced prom dress, purple gloves and brown shoes. Value was estimated at $1,200.