• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals damaged the key pad at the west side entrance to the village's public works administration building on Bittersweet Drive Feb. 26. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle on Lake Street around 4:30 p.m. Feb. 23 and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $1,410.
• Joshya Nugent-Gruny, 22, of the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue, Elgin, was arrested around 12:50 p.m. Feb. 24 at Mariano's Fresh Market, 2575 W. Golf Road, and charged with theft after employee Nugent-Gruny reportedly stole money out of his cash drawer. His court date is April 4.
• Jermaine Marlando Cooper, 21, of the 2300 block of Hyde Court, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4:55 p.m. Feb. 23 at Mariano's Fresh Market, 2575 W. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took five bottles of liquor valued at $149. His court date is April 4.
• Vandals smashed the rear window on a 2003 Ford Ranger pickup truck on the 200 block of Bradley Lane between 7:30 p.m. Feb. 24 and 5 a.m. Feb. 25.
• Rosalind M. Lewis, 37, of the 1500 block of Merrimac Lane North, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:50 a.m. Feb. 28 at her home and charged with child neglect.
• Bobby J. Angeloff, 27, of the 6300 block of Church, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:40 p.m. Feb. 27 at his home and charged with production of marijuana.
• Eric C. Sanchez, 22, of the 1600 block of Tanglewood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 4:40 p.m. Feb. 25 at East and Hollywood and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
• Jonathan O. Olushina, 21, of the 100 block of Southwood Circle, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:25 a.m. Feb. 23 on the 1400 block of Spruce and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Jesus Arriola, 23, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. Feb. 23 at Chestnut and Mark Thomas and charged with aggravated DUI and possession of cocaine with intent to deliver.
• Burglars stole a wallet and purse out of an unlocked vehicle in an unlocked garage on the 5600 block of Santa Barbara around 1 p.m. Feb. 27.
• Carissa Rose Merritt, 23, of the 1900 block of Wilson St., Calumet City, was arrested around 8 p.m. Feb. 18 at Gilly Hicks in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took 21 pairs of underwear.