• Erik D. Turner, 20, of the 0-99 block of Bristol Avenue, Romeoville, was arrested and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor at 11:02 p.m. Saturday after he yelled at deputies at North Rosedale and Illinois avenues near Aurora, according to a sheriff's report. Authorities found vodka and beer in his bookbag and he vomited in the back seat of the squad car, according to the report.
• Two checks totaling $600 were stolen from a residence in the 38W400 block of Berquist Drive near Geneva between noon Feb. 16 and noon Monday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Artemio Dimas-Vargas, 26, of the 400 block of Washington Street, Elgin, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, driving without a valid license, no insurance, speeding and driving on the shoulder after a traffic stop at 2:33 a.m. Sunday at South Gilbert Street and Route 25 near South Elgin, according to a sheriff's report.
• An unauthorized phone account was opened from July 2011 through November 2011, accumulating $332 in charges for a resident of the 7N200 block of Sims Lane near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. The victim learned of the scam when a bill collector called Feb. 21 attempting to obtain payment.
• A 51-inch television was broken and a digital camera stolen after someone broke into a home in the 500 block of Loucks Street near Aurora between 2 and 10:47 p.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close