Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals drove a vehicle over new sod in the front yard at a home on the 600 block of South Newbury Place between 1 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 31.
• A man scratched the entire driver's-side of a Dodge Caravan in a store lot at 250 W. Rand Road around 7 p.m. Feb. 2. He fled in a dark green Ford Ranger pickup truck with scrap metal in the bed.
• A vandal hurled a brick that dented the trunk lid and knocked off the cover on the passenger's-side mirror and cracked the mirror on a 2011 Honda Accord on the 1500 block of West Thomas between 8:15 and 11 p.m. Feb. 1.
• Burglars broke into a locked locker at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 1:45 and 3:45 p.m. Feb. 2 and stole a wallet with $160.
• Thieves siphoned 30 gallons of diesel fuel valued at $150 out of a 2007 Freightliner tractor truck at Ultra Pure Water Co., 3186 N. Kennicott Ave., between 3 p.m. Feb. 1 and 11 a.m. Feb. 2.
• A man in his late teens or early 20s stole a purse containing $90 out of an unlocked 2000 Nissan Altima in a store lot at 100 E. Algonquin Road around 9:20 a.m. Feb. 1. He fled when confronted by a security agent.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, GPS unit and two power drills out of an unlocked 1998 Land Rover Discovery in a condominium underground garage on the 1400 block of East Central Road between 9 p.m. Jan. 30 and 5 a.m. Jan. 31. Value was estimated at $750.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $1,475 out of an unlocked 2011 Mercedes 250 series in a restaurant lot at 1912 N. Arlington Heights Road between 7 and 9 p.m. Jan. 23.
• Burglars stole $100 and a GPS valued at $120 out of an unlocked 2012 Subaru Forester, and entered but did not take anything out of an unlocked 2007 Volvo S80 and a third unlocked vehicle, all in an apartment lot on the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road around 7:30 p.m. Feb. 3.
Elk Grove Village
• David Chayim, 36, of the 5600 block of Court Leona, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:55 a.m. Jan. 17 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse and charged with aggravated fleeing, reckless driving, criminal damage to government supported property, and leaving the scene of a property damage accident.
• Caitlin R. McGuiness, 20, of the 300 block of Gareth Lane, Schaumburg, was arrested around 8:50 p.m. Jan. 24 at 1000 W. Devon Ave. and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Her court date is Feb. 14.
•Kazimierz Fabryczny, 82, of the 2900 block of North Lawndale, Chicago, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. Jan. 28 at 1301 Busse Road and charged with criminal trespass. His court date is March 18.
• Jaime Huerta, 19, of the 200 block of Edgeware Road, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. Jan. 20 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is March 1.
• Christine H. Klpczynski, 54, of the 500 block of Shadywood, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at 980 Elk Grove Town Center and charged with retail theft. Her court date is March 12.
• Burglars broke into four vans at 1500 E. Higgins Road between Jan. 18 and 21 and stole a toolbox and tools out of a 1997 Ford van. Loss was estimated at $5,200.
• Burglars pushed open a basement window at a home on the 600 block of Schoner Lane between Jan. 20 and 24 and stole two video game systems valued at $450.
• Thieves stole a student's backpack after he left it on a school bus at Elk Grove High School, 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd., between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Jan. 8. The backpack contained a school iPad and a pair of shoes and sweater that belonged to the student. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars pried the rear entry door but did not get inside Indium Corp. of America, 80 Scott St., around 10:30 p.m. Jan. 25. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole a cable cutter and four boxes of nuts and bolts from the exterior toolboxes on a 2004 Sterling company truck at Union Pacific Railroad, 2511 Pratt Blvd., between Jan. 18 and 22. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole 30 concrete parking posts stored in a lot at 1300 Busse Road between 4 p.m. Jan. 25 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 28. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Thieves stole the grill and headlights from a 2004 International box truck in a lot at Micomp, 2700 Carl St., between 5:30 p.m. Jan. 25 and 3 p.m. Jan. 28. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke into two trailers at Water Jet Design Systems, 101 S. Lively Blvd., between 3 a.m. Jan. 26 and 10 a.m. Jan. 28 and stole four wheel chocks for motorcycles out of one trailer and an air compressor, paint sprayers, battery charger, and Pontiac GTO chrome wheels out of the second. A lawn mower and belt sander had been left on the ground and were damaged from the rain. Loss was estimated at $12,400.
• Thieves stole accessories that attach to a pipe cutting machine at a work site on the 900 block of Martha Street between 3 p.m. Jan. 25 and 6:30 a.m. Jan. 28. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke into a storage locker on the 900 block of Ridge between Jan. 27 and 31 and stole hand tools, drill, battery starter and downriggers. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars broke into a 1998 Honda Civic on the 400 block of South Lively Boulevard between 4 p.m. Jan. 18 and noon Jan. 21 and stole the in-dash radio, speakers and toolbox. Loss was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole a 1984 Budd trailer out of a lot at 200 Lively Blvd. between Jan. 18 and 23. Value was estimated at $3,250
• Vandals punctured a tire on a 2008 Toyota Scion, slashed three tires on a 2008 Ford truck and slashed a tire on a 2004 Jeep SUV on the 800 block of West Panorama Drive between 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and 7 a.m. Jan. 28. Damage was estimated at $1,180.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, iPod and charger, and cellphone charger out of a 2007 Mazda sedan on the 800 block of West Panorama Drive between 2 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 28. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke into 2007 Nissan SUV on the 1700 block of North Canterbury Lane between 10:46 and 10:48 p.m. Jan. 21 and stole a women's winter coat and holiday wrapping paper and broke the center console. Value was estimated at $83.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Chevrolet SUV on the 1100 block of North Prairiebrook Drive between 4 p.m. Jan. 26 and 4:05 a.m. Jan. 27 and stole the in-dash radio and a backpack with personal items, including a checkbook.
• Thieves were seen on a security video backing a sleeper trailer into a lot at Stallman Trucking, 1001 Phoenix Lake Ave., around 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and stealing a 1998 McClain open top aluminum trailer valued over $50,000. One of the offenders moved another truck to get to the trailer, reports added.
• Thomas P. Gonzalez, 45, of the 2100 block of Narcissus, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:30 p.m. Jan. 31 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a video game remote and two DVDs; value was estimated at $104. His court date is March 11.
• Burglars stole a purse with wallet, debit card, driver's license, social security card, car insurance card and two bottles of perfume out of a 2002 Chrysler Sebring in a driveway on the 0-100 block of Bluestem Court between 9 p.m. Jan. 30 and 7:06 a.m. Jan. 31.
• Burglars stole an iPod out of an unlocked 1997 Ford Explorer in a driveway on the 100 block of Hickory Drive between 8:30 and 8:35 p.m. Jan. 27. Value was estimated at $200.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close