• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• OnStar was used to track and disable a stolen vehicle. Thieves stole a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Recreation Park, 500 E. Miner St., between 6:50 and 6:55 p.m. Jan. 28 while it was unlocked and the engine was running. OnStar tracked the car to a public garage at 155 E. Eastman and disabled it. The vehicle was undamaged and all the property was accounted for.
• A male thief stole a bicycle and stove out of an open trailer in the backyard at a home on the 200 block of South Dryden around 11:45 a.m. Jan. 28. He left in a black pickup truck. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars pried open a rear sliding glass door but fled without entering when an alarm sounded at a home on the 1400 block of South Highland Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Jan. 30.
• Ashley D. Grandt, 24, of the 3100 block of Indian Creek, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 12:25 a.m. Jan. 18 near Dundee and Grove and charged with speeding and possession of marijuana.
• Burglars stole a backpack and wallet out of an unlocked vehicle on the 900 block of Thornton Lane between 9 p.m. Jan. 29 and 6:30 a.m. Jan. 30. An officer found the backpack, reports said.
• Burglars broke into a car on the 800 block of North McHenry between 6 and 10 p.m. Jan. 28 and stole a backpack.
•Two men tried but failed to grab a purse from a woman's shoulder at 1224 W. Dundee Road around 11:50 a.m. Jan. 25. One man distracted her while the second man tried to pull the purse off her shoulder.
•Thieves stole 50 pounds of scrap copper out of a barrel at 1250 Busch Parkway between 11:30 p.m. Jan. 23 and 4:55 a.m. Jan. 24.
• Thieves stole a car left running outside a building on the 1600 block of North Barclay around 6 p.m. Jan. 22.
• A Buffalo Grove man was scammed between Jan. 16 and 18 when a man pretending to represent a nonexistent Dish Network loyalty program called and said he could get one year of free service if he prepaid for a period of six months. The person also offered a movie channel, additional DVR and same-day installation.
• Michael Lara, 19, of the 1800 block of Mannheim Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4 p.m. Jan. 28 at Webster Lane and Everett Avenue and charged with city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia, loud muffler and no insurance. His court date is March 1.
• Jason K. Moon, 26, of the 600 block of Cherrywood Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 7 p.m. Jan. 30 on the 500 block of North Third Street and charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Feb. 27.
• Adolfo Camacho, 24, of the 200 block of Waterford Drive, Prospect Heights, and Teresa M. Naranjo, 35, of the 600 block of Pinecrest, Prospect Heights, were arrested around 10 p.m. Jan. 29 on the 2400 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana. Naranjo also was charged with city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia. Their court date is Feb. 23.
• Burglars pried the front door at a condominium on the 900 block of South River Road between Jan. 16 and 30 and stole a men's gold ring with a black onyx stone, gold chain bracelet and gold clown pendant with a diamond out of a bedroom dresser. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole approximately 20 batteries and scrap metal out of a railroad lot at 1099 E. Northwest Hwy. between Jan. 26 and 29. The offenders apparently climbed through a small opening in the fence. Value was estimated at $2,800.
• Christopher Dietrich, 20, of the 100 block of Bonnie Brae Avenue, Mount Prospect, and Tyler Anderson, 20, of the 4700 block of Arbor Drive, Rolling Meadows, were arrested around 5:30 p.m. Jan. 26 at Ironwood Drive and Wheeling after an officer saw and stopped their car. According to reports, Dietrich had stolen a calculator valued at $125 from Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, around 4:40 p.m. He was charged with retail theft. Anderson was charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said he tore open a second calculator package, but did not take the calculator because he noticed that a security agent was watching. The agent stopped Dietrich outside the store, but Anderson fled in Dietrich's car. Dietrich returned to Walmart with the security agent, but escaped and fled when the agent turned to open the security room, reports said. The agent chased Dietrich through the parking lot and north along Rand Road but lost sight of him. Their court date is March 13.
• Adam B. Czarnecki, 20, of the 400 block of Pacific Court, Wheeling, was arrested around 12:30 a.m. Jan. 22 at Booth Tarkington School, 310 Scott, and charged with three felonies: two counts delivery of marijuana, and one count possession of marijuana. Police reports said he fled from a parked car in the area of Chippewa Trail and Pacific Court when an officer approached. The officer caught up with him on the school grounds and reportedly saw him toss a bag containing marijuana. He admitted possessing and selling marijuana from his home, reports said. His court date is Feb. 15.
• Gilberto Ovalle, 26, of the 1100 block of Forums Court, Wheeling, was arrested around 10 p.m. Jan. 22 at his home and charged with battery after he reportedly hit a 20-year-old man in the face when the victim showed up at his home and demanded money Ovalle owned him. His court date is Feb. 28.
• Cliff Lee, 26, of the 400 block of Harmony Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 7:55 p.m. Jan. 25 at his home and charged with possession of marijuana after his parole officer checked on him and found marijuana in the home.
• Burglars ransacked an unlocked 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer in a business lot at 1535 Abbott Drive between 11 p.m. Jan. 25 and 7:15 a.m. Jan. 26 and stole the in-dash stereo faceplate valued at $50.