Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Jeramie M. Okoh, 19, of the 700 block of East Golf Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 2:20 p.m. Dec. 20 in an apartment lot on the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road and charged with criminal trespass to vehicle after a witness said he saw him enter a 2000 Cadillac STS after pulling the door handles on several other vehicles. The witness followed the offender until officers arrested him. The charges were dismssed Jan. 17.
• Burglars stole a stove valued at $400 out of a foreclosed home on the 900 block of North Hickory between 6:15 p.m. Dec. 22 and 2 p.m. Dec. 23.
• Burglars forced open a first-floor bedroom window at a home on the 200 block of North Lincoln between 7:15 and 8:45 p.m. Dec. 23 and stole a 55-inch TV and five handguns.
• A man stole $125 from Walgreens, 3 E. Golf Road, after making multiple cash exchanges. He purchased a low-priced item with a large bill and tricked the clerk by repeatedly asking for change. He left with a female companion.
• Vandals damaged a holiday train decoration and cut the wire to a Santa wagon decoration in the front yard at a home on the 1400 block of South Princeton between 12:30 and 12:50 a.m. Dec. 23. A resident heard noises in the front yard. Damage was estimated at $154.
• A man was seen exiting an unlocked 2005 Mazda 6 in an apartment lot on the 4200 block of North Bloomington between 12:30 and 12:41 a.m. Dec. 23. It appears the offender entered at least four other unlocked vehicles. He was described in his 20s and 5 feet 8 inches tall.
• Burglars used a key left in a bathroom by a male victim at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 10:10 and 11:10 p.m. Dec. 22 and stole his lock, coat, pink bag, cellphone and keys.
• Thieves stole a purse containing a smartphone and cash, value estimated at $1,175, out of one shopping cart and a wallet out of a second cart at the Salvation Army resale shop, 250 W. Rand Road, between 3:45 and 4 p.m. Dec. 22. The wallet was found under clothes in an aisle, but $5 and a debit card were missing.
• Vandals spray painted a security lens and broke the alarm connection at Cycle Werks, 126 N. Cook St., Dec. 10. On Dec. 15, the store owner reported a threat.
• Thieves stole an iPad on the 200 block of West Russell Street Dec. 12.
• Burglars stole undisclosed items out of a home on the 100 block of Whitney Drive Dec. 13.Elk Grove Village
• Burglars cut a hole in the roof at RJ Jewelry, 1231 E. Higgins Road, between 6 p.m. Dec. 14 and 4:30 a.m. Dec. 15 but apparently did not take anything. Employees arriving for work found water on the floor and the hole in the roof. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars forced open the rear door at a home on the 0-100 block of Hastings Avenue between Dec. 14 and 16 and stole several pieces of jewelry, cash and a laptop computer. Offenders also stole a 1998 Chevrolet Malibu out of the garage. Loss was estimated at $21,700.
• Scott E. Slanger, 49, of the 2600 block of Beldin Avenue, Glendale Heights, was arrested around 4:15 a.m. Dec. 11 on Elmhurst Road north of Touhy Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Jan. 25.
• Paige N. Cook, 21, of the 700 block of Utah Circle, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 11 p.m. Dec. 15 at her home and charged with disorderly conduct. Her court date is Jan. 10.
• Charles E. Hojnacki, 33, of the 600 block of Wedgewood Circle, Lake in the Hills, was arrested around noon Dec. 6 at Kostner and I-290 and charged with theft. His court date is Dec. 31.
• Burglars stole three pairs of sunglasses out of an unlocked Ford Explorer in a driveway on the 1100 block of Westminster Lane between 9:30 p.m. Dec. 12 and 1:30 p.m. Dec. 13. Value was estimated at $400.
• Vandals smashed two rear windows on a Lincoln Navigator at the front dock area, 1000 Pauly, between 7:15 and 9 p.m. Dec. 14. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals damaged seven mailboxes on the 900 block of Wilma and 900 block of David Lane between 6 p.m. Dec. 14 and 1:20 a.m. Dec. 15. Damage was estimated at $350.
• Vandals smashed the vent windows on two Freightliner tractors in the rear lot at 1001 Fargo Ave. between 8 p.m. Dec. 14 and 9 a.m. Dec. 15. Damage was estimated at $350.
• Burglars broke into three fleet trucks at Boyds Coffee, 1345 Louis Ave., between 8 p.m. Dec. 14 and 3 a.m. Dec. 15 and stole a spare tire and a rotary hammer. Loss was estimated at $1,240.
• Burglars opened an unlocked rear sliding door at a home on the 500 block of Oak Street around 5:45 p.m. Dec. 15 and stole a TV and laptop computer. Value was estimated at $1,050.
• Vandals broke off the driver's-side mirror on a 2012 Ford Festiva in a driveway on the 1200 block of Carswell Avenue between 6 p.m. Dec. 15 and 3 a.m. Dec 16. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Burglars forced open the rear door at a home on the 1600 block of Von Braun Trail between 8 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Dec. 17, ransacked rooms and stole a TV, gift cards, money and a few bottles of alcohol. Loss was estimated at $1,300.
• Burglars stole a backpack containing a laptop computer, computer accessories, and a wedding band out of an open garage on the 700 block of Moore Drive between 5 and 5:25 p.m. Dec. 17. Value was estimated at $3,280.
• Ashley D. Jones, 18, of the 100 block of Filbert, Streamwood, was arrested around 2:15 p.m. Dec. 17 at Portillos, 950 S. Barrington Road, and charged with local ordinance theft after she reportedly took a customer's purse when the woman left it on a table to use the washroom. She left the restaurant, followed by a manager who tailed her until officers found her at Sam's Club. She admitted dropping the purse into a trash bin in a women's washroom at Big Lots. Officers retrieved the purse; only a pair of earrings valued at $50 was missing. Jones denied taking them.
• Andres A. Sanchez, 19, of the 1200 block of Sacramento Drive, Carpentersville, was arrested around 3:15 a.m. Dec. 16 at Oltendorf and Schaumburg roads and charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. HIs court date is Jan. 15.
• Julian M. Diaz, 32, of the 400 block of May Street, Elgin, was arrested around 11 p.m. Dec. 20 after a traffic stop at Park and Hillside and charged with possession of marijuana and traffic violations. His court date is Feb. 1.
• Corey P. Beckman, 21, of the 700 block of Garden Circle, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:25 a.m. Dec. 16 on the 700 block of Garden Circle and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Burglars stole a broken cellphone and broken iPod out of an unlocked 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser on the 900 block of Oak Ridge Drive between 6 p.m. Dec. 15 and 10 a.m. Dec. 16.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close