Stevenson High School's Science Olympiad team earned multiple medals at the Hinsdale South Invitational Saturday, Dec. 8.
The team from the Lincolnshire school captured first place in 10 events. Stevenson also had a top-three finisher in 18 of 23 events.
Contact information ( * required )
The team's first-place winners were:
• Akila Khan and Kevin Cao, Anatomy and Physiology.
• Akila Khan and Vivian Wan, Disease Detectives.
• Andy Xu and Emma Buckardt, Dynamic Planet.
• Vivian Wan, Allen Guo and Jessie Wang, Experimental Design.
• Kathryn Fatina and Austin Hua, in Forensics.
• Becca Nelson and Emma Buckardt, Forestry.
• Edward Wu and Jessie Wang, Gravity Vehicle.
• David Chen and Austin Hua, Remote Sensing.
• Emma Buckardt and Becca Nelson, Rocks and Minerals.
• Michael Fatina and Kathryn Fatina, Write It, Do It.
The second-place winners were:
• Kevin Cao and Allen Guo, Boomilever.
• David Chen and Austin Hua, Astronomy.
• Michael Fatina and Alex Hong, Circuit Lab.
• Akila Khan and David Whisler, Designer Genes.
• Edward Wu and Jessie Wang, Elastic Launch Glider.
• David Whisler and Vivian Wan, Technical Problem Solving.
The team's third-place winners were:
• Kathryn Fatina and Jessie Wang, Magnetic Levitation Vehicle.
• Kathryn Fatina and Michael Fatina, Robot Arm.