• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Joel Mark Gilbert, 26, of the 1400 block of Inverrary Lane, Deerfield, was arrested around 7:20 p.m. Dec. 9 on Dundee and Arlington Heights Road and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Police believe four car burglaries on Dec. 8 may be related. In one, two male burglars stole emergency tools and loose change out of a 2011 Dodge Journey SUV in a driveway on the 2300 block of South Cedar Street around 2:45 a.m. A female resident heard her dog bark and a car door slam. She saw the two offenders walking away from her vehicle. Loss was estimated at $310. In another case, a male burglar used a brick from the front yard at a home on the 2200 block of South Birch Street around 5:05 a.m. to break into a 2013 Ford Explorer and steal a laptop computer and carrying case. The male victim woke to a loud banging noise and saw the offender smash the front passenger's-side window, and ride away with the items on a dark-colored BMX bike. Loss was estimated at $1,500. In a third case, burglars stole a ceiling-mounted TV and the front seat headrests with TVs valued at $1,200 out of an unlocked 2003 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck in a driveway on the 2300 block of South Cedar Street between 1 and 6 a.m. And burglars stole a cellphone valued at $600 out of an unlocked 2009 Nissan Altima in a driveway on the 2200 block of South Cedar Street between 2 and 2:30 a.m.
• A garage fire on the 200 block of West Kathleen Drive around 2 p.m. Dec. 8 damaged the front end of a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the rear of a 2002 Chevrolet conversion van parked in the driveway. Someone opened the door between the garage and home and suffered minor burns to his hands. A damage estimate was not available.
• Vandals shattered the east side glass door at the Metra depot, 1501 Miner St., between midnight and 5 a.m. Dec. 8. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole an air conditioner unit from the north side of Chicago Dial Indicator, 1372 E. Redeker Road, between 7 p.m. Dec. 6 and 1 p.m. Dec. 7. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Vandals put deep scratches on doors and front driver's-side fender on a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible in a business lot at 1940 Touhy Ave. between 5 p.m. Dec. 6 and 12:05 a.m. Dec. 7. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Santiago Sebamil, 31, of the 600 block of Pickwick Court, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:05 p.m. Dec. 8 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft and obstructing identification after he reportedly took a portable music player, sterling cross pendant earrings, and women's watch; value was estimated at $150. He gave officers false names for approximately two hours before admitting his true name, reports said. A court date is Jan. 14.
• Vandals shot paintballs that put a hole in the vinyl siding at a home on the 500 block of South Carol around 1 a.m. Dec. 8. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Vandals wrote graffiti on a wooden fence around a Dumpster on the 600 block of Pickwick Court between Dec. 5 and 9. Damage was estimated at $100.