Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Joel Mark Gilbert, 26, of the 1400 block of Inverrary Lane, Deerfield, was arrested around 7:20 p.m. Dec. 9 on Dundee and Arlington Heights Road and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Police believe four car burglaries on Dec. 8 may be related. In one, two male burglars stole emergency tools and loose change out of a 2011 Dodge Journey SUV in a driveway on the 2300 block of South Cedar Street around 2:45 a.m. A female resident heard her dog bark and a car door slam. She saw the two offenders walking away from her vehicle. Loss was estimated at $310. In another case, a male burglar used a brick from the front yard at a home on the 2200 block of South Birch Street around 5:05 a.m. to break into a 2013 Ford Explorer and steal a laptop computer and carrying case. The male victim woke to a loud banging noise and saw the offender smash the front passenger's-side window, and ride away with the items on a dark-colored BMX bike. Loss was estimated at $1,500. In a third case, burglars stole a ceiling-mounted TV and the front seat headrests with TVs valued at $1,200 out of an unlocked 2003 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck in a driveway on the 2300 block of South Cedar Street between 1 and 6 a.m. And burglars stole a cellphone valued at $600 out of an unlocked 2009 Nissan Altima in a driveway on the 2200 block of South Cedar Street between 2 and 2:30 a.m.
• A garage fire on the 200 block of West Kathleen Drive around 2 p.m. Dec. 8 damaged the front end of a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the rear of a 2002 Chevrolet conversion van parked in the driveway. Someone opened the door between the garage and home and suffered minor burns to his hands. A damage estimate was not available.
• Vandals shattered the east side glass door at the Metra depot, 1501 Miner St., between midnight and 5 a.m. Dec. 8. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole an air conditioner unit from the north side of Chicago Dial Indicator, 1372 E. Redeker Road, between 7 p.m. Dec. 6 and 1 p.m. Dec. 7. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Vandals put deep scratches on doors and front driver's-side fender on a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible in a business lot at 1940 Touhy Ave. between 5 p.m. Dec. 6 and 12:05 a.m. Dec. 7. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Santiago Sebamil, 31, of the 600 block of Pickwick Court, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:05 p.m. Dec. 8 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft and obstructing identification after he reportedly took a portable music player, sterling cross pendant earrings, and women's watch; value was estimated at $150. He gave officers false names for approximately two hours before admitting his true name, reports said. A court date is Jan. 14.
• Vandals shot paintballs that put a hole in the vinyl siding at a home on the 500 block of South Carol around 1 a.m. Dec. 8. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Vandals wrote graffiti on a wooden fence around a Dumpster on the 600 block of Pickwick Court between Dec. 5 and 9. Damage was estimated at $100.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close