Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Valentino Luis Humberto Reyes, 28, of the 6500 block of West Gunnison, Chicago, was arrested around 10:45 a.m. Nov. 25 on the 900 block of East Oakton Street and charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver, possession of marijuana and failure to wear a safety belt. Officers found 10 bags of cocaine, reports added. His court date is Dec. 3.
• A man stole brass fittings from Nippon Express, 515 E. Touhy Ave., around 8:40 a.m. Nov. 23. He fled eastbound on Touhy, reports added. Value was estimated at $350.
• Vandals used black paint to spray gang graffiti on a garbage enclosure and sidewalk at South School, 1535 E. Everett Ave., between Nov. 21 and 26. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole a "Hobbit" movie poster from a bus shelter at 31 River Road between 9 a.m. Nov. 24 and 9 a.m. Nov. 26. Value was estimated at $150. According to reports, similar posters have been stolen in Mount Prospect, Morton Grove and Niles.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $100 after the owner dropped it in a parking lot in Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, around 4:45 a.m. Nov. 23. The victim called his phone and a male answered but hung up quickly. The victim tracked the phone on a computer and officers went to an apartment complex on the 700 block of Algonquin Road in Des Plaines but could not find the phone.
• A male vandal hurled a rock that broke a front window at an apartment on the 1200 block of North Wheeling Road around 5:45 p.m. Nov. 28. He fled and was not caught. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole (and may have towed) a 2004 silver Acura RSX with a modified exhaust system and upgraded stereo out of an apartment lot on the 1100 block of West Hawthorne Street between 2 p.m. Nov. 24 and 8:45 a.m. Nov. 26. The I-PASS transponder went through the eastbound I-90 toll plaza at River Road at 11:30 p.m. Nov. 25. Value was estimated at $12,000.
• Burglars stole a men's gold coin ring, two men's white gold cocktail rings with ruby, gold credit ring with diamond, women's white gold cocktail ring with diamond, and a watch out of a home on the 1900 block of Avon Lane between April 1 and Nov. 27. Value was estimated at $11,720.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Dodge Charger in an apartment lot on the 2100 block of South Goebbert Road between Nov. 23 and 26 and stole a cellphone charger valued at $30 and spare vehicle key fob.
• Vandals shattered the glass cover on the parish message board in front of St. John United Church, 308 N. Evergreen Ave., between 4 p.m. Nov. 21 and 2 p.m. Nov. 23.
• Burglars stole all the copper grounding wires and several copper grounding bars from inside the cell tower building and additional grounding wire and bars from the north side of the building at the U.S. Cellular structure, 1013 E. Camp McDonald Road, around 12:45 a.m. Nov. 13 but reported Nov. 26 when an employee arrived for a routine maintenance check. An alarm was activated around 12:25 a.m. Nov. 13, but no one checked the building. Value was estimated at $3,000.
• Two men stole a 24-pack and 12-pack of beer from Convenient, 1203 N. Elmhurst Road, around 7:30 p.m. Nov. 25. They approached the counter, where the clerk asked for ID because he thought they were around 18 years old. They took the beer and fled, reports said. Value was estimated at $53.
• Vandals damaged five mailboxes on the 200 and 300 blocks of Dale Avenue between 6 p.m. Nov. 23 and 7:55 a.m. Nov. 24.
• Thieves stole a cellphone from a woman in House of Music and Entertainment, 1227 N. Rand Road, between 11 p.m. Nov. 21 and 2 a.m. Nov. 22. The phone was traced to the 1100 block of Boxwood Drive in Mount Prospect, but officers were unable to find it.
• Burglars stole a gym bag with clothes and pain medication out of an unlocked 2001 Hyundai sedan in a lot on the 800 block of East Old Willow Road between 8:15 p.m. Nov. 19 and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 20. Value was estimated at $85.
• Thieves stole the front driver's-side wheel and tire from a 2004 Land Rover Range Rover in a condominium lot on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road between 8 p.m. Nov. 14 and 8 a.m. Nov. 15.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a woman's purse at Deli-4-U, 9 E. Camp McDonald Road, between 11 and 11:21 a.m. Nov. 17. Value was estimated at $200.
• Emelini J. Vernillet, 22, and Eric Harris, 21, both of the 500 block of South Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, were arrested around 11 a.m. Nov. 20 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with retail theft after they reportedly took video games valued at $213. Their court date is Dec. 21.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Ford Freestyle SUV in a restaurant lot at 150 N. Milwaukee Ave., between 5:48 and 7:59 p.m. Nov. 20 and stole a gym bag and clothes. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a Toyota Sienna and Dodge Charger in a restaurant lot at 393 S. Milwaukee Ave. and stole a laptop computer out of the Sienna and clothes and nylon bag out of the Charger between 8 and 8:40 p.m. Nov. 20. Loss was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole clothes valued at $285 out of a dryer in a common laundry room at an apartment building on the 900 block of Corey Lane around 11:55 p.m. Nov. 22.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close