• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars climbed onto the roof at a vacant restaurant, 222 E. Algonquin Road, between Aug. 31 and Sept. 10, entered through an unlocked roof hatch, and stole nine wall-mounted flat screen TVs, a heating lamp, cable routing box and patio furniture.
• James L. Kubistal, 21, of the 5800 block of East River Road, Harwood Heights, was arrested around 5:05 p.m. Sept. 10 on the 2200 block of East Touhy Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is Oct. 15. Alex P. Smith, 22, of the 3500 block of North Osceola, Chicago, was arrested and charged with failure to wear a seat belt.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Dodge van in a townhouse lot on the 700 block of Hanbury Drive between 6 p.m. Sept. 11 and 6:20 a.m. Sept. 12 and stole a grinder with blade, laser, and mixer drill. Loss was estimated at $750. During the same time and in the same block burglars stole gages, refrigeration scale, cordless drill, saw, oxygen torches, and case containing various tools out of an unlocked 2009 Chevrolet van. Value was estimated at $1,476.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Dodge Ram pickup truck on the 1600 block of East Mill Street between Sept. 7 and 9 and stole a GPS unit and pair of sunglasses. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole a cellphone and wallet out of an unlocked 2001 Dodge Durango at Prairie Lakes Park between 9 and 9:40 p.m. Sept. 11. Value was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole a silver 1999 Mercury Sable out of a parking lot at Oakton Community College, 1600 E. Golf Road, between 10:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Sept. 12 after the driver lost the car keys. He went to class and discovered the car missing when he returned.
• Thieves stole jewelry out of a guest's room at Country Inn and Suites, 2200 S. Elmhurst Road, between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. Sept. 10. Value was estimated at $1,095.
• Burglars opened a living room window and stole a laptop computer, money and an MP3 player out of an apartment on the 700 block of Piper Lane between 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Sept. 6. Value was estimated at $600.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and holder, phone charger, satellite radio, duffel bag with clothes, and loose change out of a 2005 Honda Accord in a townhouse lot on the 1400 block of Lenox Court and rifled through a taxicab on the 1500 block of Baldwin Court in the same complex between 2 and 3:46 a.m. Sept. 10. Nothing appeared to be missing from the taxi; value of the stolen items from the Honda was estimated at $533. Burglars also stole a computer monitor and wallet out of an unlocked 1999 Pontiac Grand Am on the 1700 block of Huntington Court in the same townhouse complex during the same time. Value was estimated at $35.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $600 from a display in the Verizon store, 1538 Lake-Cook Road, between 5 p.m. Sept. 10 and 11 a.m. Sept. 11.
• Thieves stole a charcoal grill from the driveway at a mobile home on the 0-100 block of Curricle Road between 1:30 and 10 a.m. Sept. 7. Value was estimated at $170.