• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Ramon Morales-Ortiz, 21, of the 800 block of Piper Lane, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 12:15 a.m. July 1 on the 1100 block of North River Road and charged with possession of a controlled substance (cocaine). His court date is July 10.
• Albert L. Campbell, 52, homeless, was arrested around 5 p.m. July 3 in a park at 255 Grove Ave. and charged with theft/possession of stolen property after he reportedly took a walker and tools out of a yard at a home near the park on June 22. A relative of the victim saw Campbell in the park and asleep on the walker with the tools at his feet, reports said. His court date is July 19.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter from a 2005 Toyota 4Runner in the Metropolitan parking garage, 648 Metropolitan Way, between 6 p.m. June 30 and 10 a.m. July 1. Value was estimated at $930.
• Burglars pried a door between the garage and basement at a home on the 100 block of East Oakwood Avenue between 9:30 p.m. July 1 and 1 p.m. July 4 and stole a pressure washer valued at $500.
• Vandals used a piece of concrete to break the windshield on a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser on the 800 block of East Rand Road between 4 a.m. and noon July 3. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals cut three spark plug wires under the hood of a school bus used by a Des Plaines church to take students to Lions Park pool, 411 S. Maple St., between 1 and 3 p.m. July 3. Damage was estimated at $350.
• Vandals dented eight mailboxes on the 200 and 300 blocks of Waterford, 200 block of West Willow Road, 100 block of Hillside Avenue, and 200 and 300 blocks of Marion between July 2 and 3.
• Vandals slashed two tires on a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse in an apartment lot on the 800 block of Piper Lane between 1:30 and 7 a.m. July 2.
• David A. Truchalski, 20, of the 4300 block of Forestview Drive, Northbrook, was arrested around 1:05 a.m. June 28 on the 300 block of South Milwaukee Avenue, and charged with possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Reports said he rode his bicycle from Mors Avenue into the southbound lanes of Milwaukee Avenue and crossed into the northbound lanes in front of a squad car. The officer driving the car had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting him. His court date is July 26.
• Thieves stole a girls' neon pink and white bicycle locked to a railing in an apartment complex on the 300 block of Inland Drive between noon and 9:05 p.m. June 29. Value was estimated at $158.
• Thieves stole an iPod out of an employee's cubicle at Angiotech, 241 W. Palatine Road, between 2:45 and 3:45 a.m. June 29. Value was estimated at $200.