Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Maria Isabel Diaz, 47, of the 1800 block of West 21st Street, Chicago, and Melanie C. Marmolejo, 34, of the 1800 block of West 37th Street, Chicago, were arrested and charged with felony retail theft after they reportedly took merchandise valued at $2,606 from CVS Pharmacy, 20 E. Dundee Road, around 2 p.m. May 17. A review of security cameras showed that Diaz and Marmolejo removed items from the shelves and placed them into bags, police reports said. They were originally picked up by Arlington Heights officers, who turned them over to Buffalo Grove officers, reports said.
• Ilivan Cardinali Lobo, 19, of the 16100 block of West Pope Boulevard, Prairie View, and two Buffalo Grove teens, 16 and 17, were arrested around 8:20 p.m. June 3 at Weiland Road and Armstrong Drive and charged with discharge of a firearm in the village.
• Ruben Reyes-Aguilar, 28, of the 0-100 block of East Dundee Quarter Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 11 p.m. June 3 on Dundee Road at Buffalo Grove Road and charged with illegal transportation of open liquor, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, revoked driver's license, illegal lane usage, and aggravated driving under the influence.
• Kristine A. Jensen, 46, of the 900 block of Aspen Drive, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 8:15 a.m. May 24 at the Buffalo Grove Police Department and charged with burglary after an incident between 6 p.m. April 13 and 10 a.m. April 14 on the 600 block of Essington Lane.
• Sarah Elizabeth Shaner, 18, of the 1000 block of South Main Street, Belvidere, and Sara Rose Stickels, 18, of the 1700 block of 14th Avenue, Belvidere, were arrested around 4:20 a.m. May 25 on the 200 block of North Milwaukee Avenue and charged with possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Shaner was also charged with possession of marijuana; Stickels was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Sarah P. Melamed, 19, of the 1400 block of Rolling Hills Court, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 1 a.m. May 27 at McHenry and Arlington Heights roads and charged with possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Ahmed I. Saleh, 20, of the 700 block of Greenwood Road, Northbrook, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. May 18 in a lot on the 100 block of North McHenry Road and charged with possession and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Joshua David Derenfeld, 27, of the 1000 block of North Sterling Avenue, Palatine, was arrested around 11:25 p.m. May 24 on the 0-100 block of North Buffalo Grove Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole solar lights and a hanging flower pot from the front of a home on the 400 block of Middlesex Court between 9 p.m. June 8 and 8 a.m. June 9.
• Thieves stole two hanging flower baskets from the front of a home on the 300 block of University Drive between 9 p.m. June 8 and 8 a.m. June 9.
• Thieves stole an unlocked black BMX bike off a patio at a home on the 1100 block of Windbrook Drive between 10:30 a.m. June 8 and noon June 9.
• Thieves stole an unlocked purple mountain bike on the 200 block of Selwyn Lane between 5:30 p.m. June 5 and 10:30 p.m. June 6.
• Burglars stole a backpack containing an iPod, cellphone, clothes and IDs out of a car in a lot at Willow Stream Park, 600 Farrington Drive, around 5:30 p.m. June 4.
• Thieves stole the "Frisbee Golf" sign valued at $300 out of Willow Stream Park, 600 Farrington Drive, between May 29 and 30. The sign is green and outlines each of the holes on the course.
• A man was videotaped taking four bottles of tequila and two frozen dinners from Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, around 11:55 a.m. May 30. Value was estimated at $169.
• Burglars stole an iPad, small laptop computer, and car stereo out of a home on the 900 block of Stratford Circle between 6:30 p.m. May 26 and 8 p.m. May 28. Value was estimated at $1,100.
• Thieves broke into a car, opened the hood and stole a part attached to the transmission at Bourbon Tile, 270 Lexington Drive, between 5 p.m. May 23 and 1 p.m. May 25.
• Thieves stole a hydraulic concrete breaker valued at $8,000 out of a parking lot at Golf Dome, 801 N. McHenry Road, between 6 p.m. May 23 and 6 a.m. May 24.
• Burglars broke into a car in a golf course lot, 401 Half Day Road, between 6:40 and 8:35 p.m. May 24 and stole a purse with a wallet, checkbook, credit and gift cards, sunglasses and $45.
• Tracy L. Steele, 45, of the 300 block of Lee Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:10 a.m. June 4 at his rented motel room and charged with city ordinance battery after he reportedly rubbed his hand on a woman's leg while she stood outside her unit. His court date is July 18.
• Officers arrested six individuals when they tried to enter Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, between 1:35 a.m. June 9 and 5:30 p.m. June 10. Ira Joshua Eleazer, 65, of the 2000 block of Dodge Avenue, Evanston, was charged with trespassing. Charged with minor prohibited from gambling establishment were Brian J. McCourt Jr., 20, of the 1700 block of North Drury Lane, Arlington Heights; Victor J. Balundis Jr., 20, of the 2200 block of North 76th Court, Elmwood Park; Stephanie Quintna, 19, of the 3000 block of Inchon Avenue, Barstow, Calif.; Shara J. Geabor, 18, of the 5100 block of North Lacrosse Street, Chicago; and Wendy Truc Nguyen, 19, of the 4800 block of Mason Avenue, St. Michael, Minn.
• Thieves took a backpack after the male owner left it in front of the checkout counter at Advantage Rental, 2170 Mannheim Road, between 8 and 10:30 a.m. June 8. An employee found the backpack outside The Oakton Pavilion, 1600 Oakton Place, but several items were missing: a small laptop computer, iPad, iPad case with built-in keyboard, iPad adapter and cable, and a digital camera with 1855 mm lens. Value was estimated at $5,210.
• Burglars forced open the rear door at a home on the 1800 block of East Selwyn Avenue between 2:30 and 6 p.m. June 8 but nothing appeared to be missing. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals hurled rocks that smashed the front driver's-side window on a 2004 Honda Pilot and 2007 Jeep Cherokee at two homes on the 1300 block of Briar Court between 2 and 6:18 a.m. June 10. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Burglars stole a pair of shoes, jacket, Chicago Cubs cap, iPod, IDs and credit cards out of a 1996 Nissan Maxima on the 1500 block of Woodland Avenue between 10:30 p.m. and midnight June 4. Value was estimated at $700.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Acura TSX in an apartment lot on the 1300 block of Cottonwood between 10:30 p.m. June 6 and 11 a.m. June 7 and stole a GPS unit. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport in a lot at 1326 W. Central Road between 8:32 and 8:42 p.m. June 6 and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $633.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close