• Three vehicles were damaged on the lot at Nissan of St. Charles, 2535 E. Main St., between 9 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday. Police said the hood on one vehicle was misaligned, a locked fuel door was broken and a windshield was cracked on another, and a right rear window was shattered on the third.
Contact information ( * required )
• A security officer for Steinmart, 3619 E. Main St., reported Friday that fraudulent returns had been made to the St. Charles and Wheaton stores between April 12 and 28. A woman purchased a skirt, a sweater and scarves at the St. Charles Steinmart, then took the pricing/inventory tags from the items and attached them to similar items that were not sold at Steinmart, then presented the items for returns at the St. Charles and Wheaton stores, obtaining credit back on her credit card. The security agent told police it is a typical practice of organized theft rings to buy items, then stick the tags on similar but cheaper items bought at discount stores or garage sales, and present them for return.
• Gina M. Lotus, 44, off the 1800 block of Rita Avenue, was issued a citation for loud noise at 1:57 a.m. Sunday at her home, according to a police report. Police had directed her to turn her music down. She did so, but then turned it back up, police say.
• Jon C. Stensrud, 31, of the 9600 block of Seman Road in Union, was issued a citation for urinating in public at 1:53 a.m. Sunday in an alley in back of a bar in the 200 block of Main Street, according to a police report. Police say he told them he did so because the bar was closed.
• Joshua M. Lunsford, 25, of the 1200 block of Pinetree Lane in Bartlett, was issued a citation for urinating in public at 2:10 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Third Street, according to a police report. Police said when given the citation, Lunsford tore it up and threw it on the ground, but picked it up when he was told he would also get a citation for littering.
• James Michael Godish, 27, of the 100 block of Remington Drive, was charged with retail theft at 9:22 p.m. Friday at Meijer, 855 S. Randall Road, according to a police report. Police say he stole a candy bar, a Met RX Big 100 apple bar, and two packages of cough medicine.
• John R. Skoog, 18, of the 3000 block of Turnberry Road, was charged with possession of cannabis at 4:39 p.m. Friday, according to a police report. Police say he had 1.33 grams of cannabis in a grape-flavored cigarillo in his possession at a disc golf course at a park in the 4000 block of Campton Hills Road.
• A leopard-print wallet was stolen out of an unlocked vehicle between 8:20 and 9 p.m. Friday in the 1600 block of Lucylle Avenue, police said.
• Kaitlyn Ann Simons, off the 1200 block of Oriole Trail in Carol Stream, was charged with obstructing a peace officer at 1:23 a.m. Sunday in the 0-99 block of North Third Street, according to a police report. She is accused of disobeying a police officer's command to leave the scene of an incident police were investigating outside of a bar, where they were dealing with an upset drunk woman. The woman became more upset as Simons approached her, police said.
• Maria D. Cuautli, of the 1600 block of Whispering Oaks Court, West Chicago, was charged with felony retail theft at 4:48 p.m. Sunday, according to a police report. She is accused of stealing a necklace, a bracelet, a boys T-shirt, a boys purple tie, a pink dress set, three women's purses and a women's dress from Von Maur, 3810 E. Main St.
• Steven Wilander, 19, of the 2600 block of Prairie View Lane, Aurora, and Jennifer E. Chamblin, 18, of the 39W600 block of Terney Square, Geneva, were charged at 1:45 a.m. Sunday with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, in the 0-99 block of North 12th Street, according to a police report. The two approached police while police were investigating why a man was passed out in the back seat of a parked car, smelling of alcohol and with two pills of the narcotic oxycodone spilled on the floor of the car, police say. The car belonged to a relative of Chamblin's.
• Inocencio Gutierrez, 25, of the 1200 block of Dearborn Avenue, Aurora, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence, driving while license suspended, no insurance and failure to reduce speed at 9:20 p.m. Thursday after rear-ending a car at Route 25 and Gilbert Street near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 37W300 block of Emerald Court near St. Charles reported that a blue, all-weather boat cover was stolen between 2:30 p.m. and 2:52 p.m. Sunday, according to a sheriff's report. The boat was repossessed, but the cover was paid for in full and taken when the boat was removed, the resident told authorities.