Book notes: Meet Dee Snider at Skokie's B&N
• Meet author Gary Buslik as he discusses and signs copies of his new novel, "Akhmed and the Atomic Matzo Balls," at a book-launch party from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 12, at Barnes and Noble, 590 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg. Refreshments will be served. Other highlights include prizes and giveaways. (847) 310-0450 or barnesandnoble.com.
• New York Times best-selling author Augusten Burroughs discusses his new book, "This-is How-Help for the Self," at 7 p.m. Monday, May 14, at Pfeiffer Hall at North Central College, 310 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville. Tickets are required and are available with the purchase of Burroughs' book from Anderson's, 123 W. Jefferson Ave. A number for the book-signing line accompanies each ticket. (630) 355-2665 or andersonbookshop.com.
• Jen Lancaster reads from and signs copies of her book "Jenration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development" at 7 p.m. Monday, May 14, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Former Twisted Sister frontman and recent "Celebrity Apprentice" contender Dee Snider signs copies of his new autobiography, "Shut Up and Give Me the Mic," at 7 p.m. Monday, May 14, at Barnes and Noble — Old Orchard, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. Free numbered tickets for the signing line will be given out at 9 a.m. Monday to customers with a copy of Snider's book and proof of purchase from Barnes and Noble or bn.com. (847) 676-2230 or barnesandnoble.com.
• Children's book author and illustrator Matthew Cordell visits The Book Stall to discuss and sign copies of his new book, "Another Brother," at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Middle-reader mystery writer John Madormo reads from and signs copies of his newest title, "The Homemade Stuffing Caper," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Author Deborah Michel reads from her recently released debut novel, "Prosper in Love," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at Cook Park Library, 413 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville. Free and open to the public. Registration is required. Call (847) 362-2330 or go to webres.cooklib.org.
• Meet author Ann Packer as she discusses her latest work, "Swim Back to Me," at noon Wednesday, May 16, at the Aspen Drive Library, 701 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Books will be available for purchase and signing. Free and open to the public, but registration is required. Call (847) 362-2330 or visit webres.cooklib.org. Packer will also discuss and sign her book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee. Books will be available for purchase. Registration is required. (847) 244-5150 or wnpl.info.
• "The Good Food Revolution" author Will Allen reads from and signs copies of his book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Jennifer Nielsen reads from and signs copies of "The False Prince," the first title in her new young adult trilogy, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Author, attorney and boxer Kenneth N. Green discusses and signs copies of his book "I'm From Division Street" at a fundraiser beginning at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 17, at the Northbrook Community Synagogue, 2548 Jasper Court, Northbrook. The program follows a 7:30 p.m. minyan. Refreshments will be served. The program is for teens and adults. Call (847) 509-9204 for reservations.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close