• A laptop computer and an Internet box were reported stolen from a home on 1000 block of South 12th Avenue between Dec. 25 and 26. A police report indicates a basement window appeared to be kicked in to gain access to the home. No other items were reported missing.
• An Xbox 360 video game system was reported stolen from an apartment on the 1100 block of Dean Street Dec. 27. A police report indicates the owner of the system noticed it was missing after being gone from the apartment for about 15 minutes. Police believe entry to the apartment may have been gained via a window that was left partially open during that time. The serial number for the Xbox is 109561603105.
• A Gateway Netbook and a purse containing keys and two birth certificates were reported stolen from a vehicle parked outside a Blockbuster on the 2000 block of Lincoln Highway Dec. 27, police said.
• A Toro CCR2500E snowblower was reported stolen from a garage on the 800 block of West Main Street between Dec. 18 and Dec. 29, police said.
• A decorative light post at the St. Charles Place Steakhouse on the 2500 block of East Main Street was knocked down between Dec. 27 and 28. The damage was estimated at $2,000. It is unknown how the post was knocked down.
• Someone made $100 in fraudulent charges Dec. 21 and 22 on the credit card account of a resident of the 800 block of Greenwood Court, it was reported Tuesday, police said.
• Two skateboards were stolen out of a garage in the 1100 block of Morton Street Dec. 22 or 23, it was reported Tuesday to police.
• A Coach wallet containing $400, a Visa credit card, a debit card and 15 to 20 store charge cards was stolen out of a woman's unzipped purse, which she had placed on the floor while pulling merchandise off a shelf, at 2 p.m. Dec. 19 at Abercrombie and Fitch at Geneva Commons, Randall Road and Williamsburg Avenue, police said.
• An American Express $100 gift card was stolen out a man's pants, which were stored in a locked locker while he received a massage, between noon and 1:30 p.m. Dec. 29 at the Herrington Inn and Spa, 15 S. River Lane, police said.
• Someone slashed a front and a rear tire on three vehicles in the 7N200 block of Falcons Trail near St. Charles between 11:30 p.m. Friday and 7:30 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone broke the rear window on a Toyota Avalon in the 0-99 block of Birchwood Court near Sugar Grove between 10 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone tossed roofing nails at the bottom of a driveway in the 43W800 block of Hughes Road near Elburn between 10 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Sunday, flattening at least two tires, according to a sheriff's report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close