• Desiree C. Griffin, 22, of the 900 block of Congdon Avenue, was charged Thursday with theft after she took a total of $1,378 between Oct. 23 and Nov. 9 from the cash register of a business on the 900 block of Randall Road, according to a police report. Griffin was an employee of the store, and recorded items purchased by customers as items returned. She is due in court Nov. 28.
Contact information ( * required )
• Luis G. Rivera, 50, of the 0-100 block of Oxford Drive, was charged Thursday with criminal damage to property after he broke the glass of a Pace bus stop shelter, according to a police report. The damaged property was valued at $600. He was being held on $500,000 bond in Kane County jail, and is due in court Nov. 28.
• Albert Davison III, 46, of Meyer Street, was charged Thursday with unlawful use of a weapon after he reportedly brandished a folding knife and threatened other people in an apartment on National Street, according to a police report. He posted $7,500 bond and is due in court Nov. 28.
• Brian Keith Patterson, 41, of Gary, Ind., was arrested just before midnight Thursday at the intersection of State and Mill streets and charged with unlawful use of a weapon, according to a police report. Police stopped Patterson after they saw him driving straight from a turn lane while having his turn signal on, in what appeared to be an attempt to avoid a mock roadblock. After Patterson consented to a search, police found a gun in the car. He was released on $150 bond and is due in court Dec. 2.
• A Maytag refrigerator was stolen sometime between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 2 p.m. Thursday from an apartment in the 100 block of Kimball Street. The apartment's tenant moved out Wednesday night.
• Seven pipe bollards were stolen from a parking lot on the 800 block of North McLean Boulevard sometime between Wednesday and Thursday. The stolen items were valued at $1,000.
• Three windows of a house in the 200 block of Melrose Street were broken at 11 p.m. Thursday by unknown people who threw landscaping bricks.
• A 2012 Ford F350 truck was found damaged and abandoned in the 12N100 block of Muirhead Road in Plato Township at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to a sheriff's report. The truck was reported stolen from a home about a half mile away. No immediate arrests were made.
• A Tag Heuer men's watch, valued at $20,000, was reported stolen at 1:41 p.m. Tuesday from a home in the 6N700 block of Route 31 near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. The watch was last seen Sept. 15.