• The superintendent of an Elgin apartment building reported that paint had been poured on the floors of three rooms in one vacant apartment, ruining them beyond repair at 1 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Hinsdell Place, according to police reports. • An Elgin woman reported the theft of a bicycle from her front yard at approximately 10:25 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of Lillie Avenue, according to police reports. The woman told police she leaned the bike against a tree, went inside for five minutes and came back to find the bike missing, reports said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Rodney L. Cook, 40, of the 18N700 block of West Hill Road, near West Dundee, was arrested and charged with criminal damage to property and resisting a peace officer at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, according to sheriff's reports. Cook, whose house is in foreclosure, is accused of throwing a football at the vehicle of a man from the mortgage company who was taking pictures of Cook's home in the 18N700 block of West Hill Road, reports said.
• Someone drove a large 4-by-4 vehicle through a corn and soybean field in the 39W700 block of Plank Road near Elgin between 12:01 a.m. and 6 a.m. Friday, causing $300 damage, sheriff's reports said.
• A steel barn was damaged and a $10,000 red 2000 Ford F250 was stolen between 6:45 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday from the 11N300 block of Russell Road near Elgin, reports said.
• Three televisions, jewelry and other items were stolen between 9 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Thursday from a home in the 15N200 block of Reinking Road near Hampshire, reports said.
• Assorted coins and black binoculars were stolen between Aug. 17 and Thursday after someone broke into and ransacked a home in the 37W700 block of West Highland Avenue near Elgin, reports said.