• Copper pipes with an estimated value of $5,000 were reported stolen at an unknown time between Friday and Monday from a home on the 3500 block of Tournament Drive, according to a police report. The home is under construction and was left unlocked.
• Copper piping was taken at an unknown time between Friday and Monday from the basement ceilings of two homes under construction on the 3500 block of Hidden Fawn Drive and one on the 3600 block of the same street, according to police reports. The houses on the 3500 block did not have doors and could not be secured but a representative of the builder could not be sure if the third home was locked or not, reports said. No estimates were reported for the value of the copper.
• Mayra Juarez-Estrada, 26, of the 800 block of North McLean Boulevard, was charged with retail theft for attempting to take 18 items worth about $116 just after 2 p.m. Monday at Meijer, 815 S. Randall Road, according to a police report. Juarez-Estrada is due in court at 9 a.m. Sept. 16 in Elgin.
• An Elgin man reported unauthorized credit card purchases on his account for transactions Thursday and Friday in Germany and France that totaled almost $937, according to a police report. The man said he has his credit card and did on those dates as well, reports said.
• Bradley S. Bowman, 21, of the 600 block of Summit Street, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia when officers found a glass pipe still hot to the touch in his vehicle at about 11:45 p.m. Monday while he was parked in Lords Park, 325 Hiawatha Drive, according to a police report. When officers first approached Bowman, he said he did not have anything illegal in the vehicle but a canine search found the pipe in the glove compartment.
• A cordless drill and its box were reported stolen between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Monday from a home on the 400 block of Wilcox Avenue, according to a police report. A basement window was broken to gain entry.
• Someone threw a landscaping brick through the windshield of a 1996 Chevy Astro van on the 11N600 block of Old Barn Road near Elgin between 9 a.m. Sunday and 11:30 a.m. Monday, causing more than $300 damage, according to a sheriff's report.