Steel Beam offers camps for young actors
Steel Beam Theatre in downtown St. Charles is taking registration for its upcoming summer theater camps for children ages 6 through high school. A variety of programs are being offered for these performance camps, and each one is professionally staffed.
For details or to register, visit SteelBeamTheatre.com or call (630) 587-8521. Spots are limited and scholarships are available to families in need.
• "Shakespeare with Bernie," for ages 12 to 15; $195. Classes are 1 to 4 p.m. June 13-25; performance is at 3 p.m. June 25. This is monologue development with public performance.
• "Poultry in Motion," for ages 6 to 10; $295. Classes are from 9 a.m. to noon, June 20 to July 1; performances are 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. July 2. Chicken Little, Foxy Loxy, Henny Penny and farmyard friends are directed by Daina Giesler.
• "Faery Free for All," for ages 8 to 13; $295. Classes are from 1 to 4 p.m. June 27 to July 8; no class July 4. Performances are at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. July 9. This is a cross between "Midsummer Night's Dream" and Harry Potter. It is directed by Daina Giesler.
• "The Little Mermaid," for ages 6 to 15; $395. Classes are from 9 a.m. to noon July 5-22. Performances are at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, July 23, and 3 p.m. Sunday, July 24. This is a fully-staged musical production of the beloved tale of our favorite mermaid. It is directed by Daina Giesler.
• Stage Combat/Movement Class, Rethink How You Move for ages 11 to 14. Instructors are Bonnie Gruesen and Matt Socha. Tuition is $150. Dates are from 9 a.m. to noon July 18-22 at the SBT Rehearsal Space. Matt and Bonnie are SAID Stage Combat certified and will be touching on the fundamentals of unarmed stage combat. Students will also learn basic gymnastics and a plethora of movement exercises. The session ends with an informal showcase for family and friends.
• Improvisational Comedy Class, Because There's A Way To Be Even Funnier, for high school students, including entering ninth grade. Instructor is Bonnie Gruesen. Tuition is $250. Dates are from 1 to 4 p.m. June 27 to July 8 at the SBT Rehearsal Space. There is no class July 4. Learn how to shape and edit a scene, look for games, make clear initiations and develop a group mind with your fellow performers. The session will end with a public improv show at Steel Beam Theatre at 7 p.m. Friday, July 8. Tickets will be available.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close