• Theodore L. Barnes Jr., 24, of the 100 block of Heath Cliff Drive in Poplar Grove, appeared in bond court Monday for two felony offenses: possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver and possession of marijuana, according to court documents. Elgin police found Barnes with 460 grams of the drug during a traffic stop at 8:20 p.m. April 17 at Randall Road and Royal Boulevard in Elgin, according to police. Bail was set at $20,000, of which Barnes must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court appearance, set for April 25 in St. Charles.
Contact information ( * required )
• McKinely L. Davis, 55, of the 700 block of Cedar Avenue in Elgin, appeared in bond court Monday for possession of crack cocaine, a felony, and driving with a suspended license, a misdemeanor, according to bond court documents. Elgin police found Davis in possession of one gram of the drug during a traffic stop at 4:45 p.m. April 17 in the 300 block of McLean Boulevard, police said. Bail was set at $30,000, of which Davis must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, set for April 25 in St. Charles.
• Charles L. McCammon, 46, of the 0-99 block of North Jane Drive in Elgin, appeared in bond court Tuesday on a charge of attempted burglary, a felony, according to court documents. Elgin police stopped McCammon Monday while he was attempting to break into a vehicle parked in the 400 block of Miller Drive, documents said. Bail was set at $50,000, of which McCammon must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, set for April 26 in St. Charles.
• An Elgin man was robbed of $50 by a young man holding a folding knife at 10:30 p.m. Monday near the Chicago Street bridge in Elgin, according to police reports. The man had just gotten off a Metra train and was going to use his money for cab fare, reports said.
• An unknown person pumped almost $61 worth of gas at 12:40 a.m. Tuesday at a gas station in the 1100 block of North McLean Boulevard in Elgin and left without paying for it, according to police reports.
• Four tires and their rims were taken between 9 p.m. April 16 and 8:30 a.m. April 18 from two cars at McGrath Honda, 2020 N. Randall Road in Elgin, according to police reports.
• A laptop and power cord were taken sometime between 5:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday from an apartment in the 400 block of South Belmont Street in Elgin, according to police reports.
• Two portable DVD players, two Nintendo DS systems, an I-pass transmitter, a GPS unit, coins and a carton of cigarettes were taken sometime between 11 p.m. Sunday and 1 a.m. Monday from a vehicle parked in a driveway in the 2000 block of Coral Cove in Elgin, police reports said.
• Three televisions and two stereos were taken between 6 and 8:30 p.m. Monday from a home in the 800 block of Jay Street in Elgin, police reports said.
• A resident in the 5N700 block of Meredith Road near Maple Park sent $18,000 to a caller who claimed the resident won $600,000 in an unclaimed prize before realizing the whole thing was a scam, according to police. The incident was reported to authorities at 12:04 p.m. Monday.
• An orange Dumpster was stolen between 7 p.m. Thursday and 3 p.m. Sunday from the 10N0-99 block of Route 47 in Plato Township, according to a police report.