• Fifty unsecured yellow storage-rack rails were taken from outside of Sigma Sports USA, 1067 Kingsland Drive, between 5 p. m. Tuesday and 7:45 a.m. Wednesday, police said.
• Ariana Hernandez, 21, of the 200 block of Linn Court in North Aurora, was charged with retail theft at 5:39 p.m. Wednesday, according to a police report. She is accused of taking $129 worth of clothing and unspecified other items from Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road.
• Tools were stolen out of an electrical contractor's work van between 6:45 p.m. Tuesday and 6:15 a.m. Wednesday while it was parked in a driveway in the 2800 block of Miller Road, police said.
• Monica Lynn Martin, 18, of the 39W500 block of Halladay Lane, was ticketed for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 10:45 p.m. Monday, according to a police report. She is accused of drinking in a parking lot in the 600 block of West State Street.
• Someone broke a pane of a double-pane window on the south side of Geneva Middle School South, 1415 Viking Drive, between 5 p.m. Aug. 12 and 7 a.m. Monday, police said.
• Someone shattered the driver's-side window and dropped a 2-foot landscaping rock on the hood of a Saturn SC2 coupe while it was parked in the 0-99 block of Water Street between 4:30 p.m. Monday and 5:45 a.m. Tuesday, police said. Police think it is the same person who uprooted flowers from stone planters in that block the same night, throwing the flowers on the ground.
• Bedroom-window screens were cut at two houses in the 200 and 300 blocks of South Harrison Street between 9 a.m. Aug. 13 and 3 p.m. Sunday, police said.
• Ryan J. Van Wetering, 24, of the 3300 block of Oakley Avenue, Chicago, was arrested Sunday in connection with a motorcycle crash in the area of Center Drive and Linda Court, near South Elgin, according to a police report. Witnesses told police Van Wetering was driving "at a high rate of speed" shortly after 9 p.m. when his black Harley-Davidson motorcycle went into a ditch, causing the front wheel to come up and the bike to fall on top of him. At the scene, police said, Van Wetering, who smelled of alcohol, was uncooperative and denied driving. He was charged with driving under the influence, improper lane use, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, operating an uninsured vehicle, and driving too fast for conditions.
• A 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse was reported scratched Tuesday on the 0-99 block of Heaton Court in Sugar Grove Township. Damage was estimated at more than $300, police said.
• A black Passport radar detector valued at $300 was reported stolen Thursday from a 2007 Toyota Tundra on the 6N800 block of Aurora Avenue, near St. Charles, police said.