• Ernesto Perez, 22, of the 300 block of Shamrock Lane, Pingree Grove, faces a series of weapons charges, police said, after they found a loaded, unauthorized .22-caliber handgun in his car Thursday, according to a report. Perez, who had three outstanding warrants, was charged with two counts of felony aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a misdemeanor count of unlawful use of a weapon and misdemeanor possession of ammunition without a Firearm Owner's Identification card. His bail was set at $50,000 and he is due in court June 4 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
Contact information ( * required )
• Trevor Zirkin, 20, of the 2900 block of Brossman Street, Naperville, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery at 3:20 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of Dundee Avenue, reports said. Zirkin, who is accused of pushing a woman's head into a wall about 12 hours before his arrest, is due in court on June 11, reports said.
• Laura Ivette Soto-Rosas, 18, of the 400 block of Mille Drive, Elgin, was arrested and charged with retail theft at 3:53 p.m. Thursday at Walmart, 1001 N. Randall Road, reports said. She is accused of tying to steal a $46 swim suit and is due in court on July 9, reports said.
• Someone reported to police Thursday the possible theft of $15,000, reports said. The victim sold a 2005 Infiniti QX56 in March for $17,500 and signed $15,000 in a cashier's check to a friend to deposit in the bank, reports said. The money was deposited but later removed, reports said. No immediate arrests were made.
• An irate driver ran over a man's right foot at 5:49 p.m. Thursday at Route 20 and Longcommon Parkway, reports said. The victim, who was not injured, said a white man in his 40s driving a black four-door car became irate at traffic at the intersection and began honking repeatedly waiting for traffic to move, reports said. The victim pulled to the side of the road, and raised his hands in a nonthreatening manner and the man drove by over his foot, reports said.
• An armed robbery took place at a business on the 12000 block of Princeton on May 13, police said. The robber escaped with an undisclosed amount of money.
• About $1,800 in merchandise was stolen on May 17 from a store on the 11800 block of Factory Shops Boulevard, police said.
• David A. Daniels, 32, of the 300 block of North Main Street, was arrested on May 19 and charged with retail theft, police said. The charge stems from an alleged theft at a business on the 11900 block of Kreutzer Road.
• A 15-year-old boy was arrested on May 10 for taking two cans of an energy drink valued at $4.38 and not paying for them, police said. The incident took place at a store on the 10400 block of Route 47. The boy was released to his parents. His next court date is June 28.
• A orange-and-white Tony Hawk bicycle worth $175 was stolen on May 11 from a park on the 11700 block of Blue Bayou, police said.
• On May 15, someone broke a window at a house on the 11600 block of Leland Avenue, entered the house and stole a bicycle, police said.
• A gym uniform and two cell phones were stolen from students at Huntley High School between May 7 and May 17, police said.
Lake in the Hills
• On Thursday morning, police discovered graffiti on Larson Island under a tunnel on the 1100 block of Pyott Road.