Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Northwest Suburban High School D214
Donors help all-girls robotics team at Elk Grove Dec 10, 2014 5:35 PM
Local businesses donated $1,000 to Elk Grove High School’s all-female robotics team, helping them purchase materials to compete in a Northwest Suburban High School District 214-sponsored competition.
Excess funds one day; a tax hike the next? Dec 8, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Debbie Papreck of Wheeling says it seems outrageous that District 214 could have $45 million in excess funds on month and is asking for a 2.4 percent tax levy increase the next.
Speak up about your school district taxes Dec 8, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Flo Corrigan of Schaumburg wants taxpayers everywhere to watch what their school districts are doing regarding tax hike hikes.
Rolling Meadows madrigals continue longtime tradition Dec 5, 2014 12:47 PM
Rolling Meadows High School will continue a 29-year tradition this holiday season as the Madrigal Singers, under the direction of Caitlyn Walsh, present the elegant Madrigal Dinner at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 14, at The Cotillion Banquets, 320 S. Creekside Drive, in Palatine.
District 214 adds more electric car charging stations Dec 4, 2014 4:58 PM
Northwest Suburban High School District 214 plans to add 10 more electric vehicle charging stations to its seven campuses by August 2015. "Adding (electric vehicle) charging stations to our campuses will advance District 214 as a leader in environmental sustainability,” said Ted Birren, the district’s director of operations.
District 214 surpasses goal, collects 120,000 cans for area pantries Nov 26, 2014 10:16 AM
Northwest Suburban High School District 214 reached, and surpassed, its ambitious goal of collecting 100,000 cans of food this month as part of the district’s centennial celebration. In all, 120,350 cans of food were collected and donated to food pantries within District 214 boundaries.
District 214 foundation online auction available now Nov 25, 2014 5:18 PM
The Community Education Foundation of Northwest Suburban High School District 214 is hosting its annual online auction through Dec. 2. The fundraising event features donated items and unique experiences sold through eBay.
Harper College summit inspires area Latinos Nov 22, 2014 7:30 AM
Ernesto Mejia posed tough questions to the roughly 450 Northwest suburban high school freshmen and sophomores gathered Friday at Harper College for the 13th annual Latino Summit. Mejia, a college administrator turned motivational speaker, had to overcome discrimination, modest beginnings and a disease that left him temporarily paralyzed.
District 214 proposes 2.4 percent tax levy increase Nov 22, 2014 4:46 PM
The Northwest Suburban High School District 214 school board on Thursday approved a 2.4 percent tentative tax levy increase for the next year.
District 214 selling more lunches without national program Nov 21, 2014 12:17 PM
Northwest Suburban High School District 214 officials said the district’s first year of not being a member of the National School Lunch program is going well and has resulted in an increase in student-bought meals. “We are seeing more excitement around our cafeterias,” Superintendent David Schuler said.
Three District 214 board members running for re-election Nov 17, 2014 6:10 PM
All three sitting members of the Northwest Suburban High School District 214 school board who are up for election in April 2015 have said they will run for re-election. Bill Dussling, Alva Kreutzer, and Dan Petro made the announcement in a joint news release.
Editorial: A school’s step toward closing one gender gap Nov 14, 2014 5:01 AM
A Daily Herald editorial recognizes the importance and responsibility of schools in facilitating girls who have an interest in engineering and science fields.
Taxpayers in neighboring districts funding legal fight in Dist. 211 rape case Nov 12, 2014 11:19 AM
For eight years, taxpayers in three suburban school districts have been helping fund the fight against a lawsuit brought by the families of five former special education students who were raped by a classmate at a District 211 school. Offiicals think that's OK, but “I definitely think that if the school board was overseeing this there might be a little more understanding of the human toll of this case,” said Catherine Massarelli, representing four of the families.
Elk Grove High School students honor veterans Nov 11, 2014 12:30 PM
Local veterans were honored at Elk Grove High School on Tuesday morning as part of the school’s inaugural Veterans Day breakfast. Students served breakfast for the veterans and recognized their service through an all-school assembly.
District 214 students, staff work to close STEM gender gap Nov 10, 2014 5:02 AM
When Nancy Suarez heard that Elk Grove High School would be offering a section of Intro to Engineering for girls only this year, the sophomore dropped lunch from her schedule and rearranged her other courses to get into the class.The class i's just one way that students and staff at Northwest Suburban High School District 214 are working to close the gender gap in science-related fields.
Rolling Meadows High staff to work at McDonald’s for scholarships Nov 7, 2014 11:30 AM
From 5 to 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 17, the Rolling Meadows High School staff is hosting a McTeacher Night at the McDonald’s at 1775 Algonquin Road.
District 214’s centennial food drive sets ambitious goal Nov 4, 2014 2:38 PM
District 214's centennial celebration now turns its attention to helping the community from which it sprang 100 years ago. A major food drive to collect 100,000 items, starts on Nov. 9. “We want to do something that encompasses as many students and staff as possible,” said Mark Gunther, a longtime Hersey teacher.
Hersey flag football team to be featured on NBC Oct 25, 2014 5:56 PM
A group of students who have formed a special flag football team at Hersey High School in Arlington Heights will be in the spotlight Sunday, Northwest Suburban High School District 214 officials say.
Hersey named third best marching band in state at University of Illinois competition Nov 7, 2014 2:58 PM
Hersey named third best marching band in state at University of Illinois competition
Prospect wins 2014 Grand Champion Governor’s trophy at Illinois Marching Band Championship Oct 24, 2014 7:50 AM
Prospect wins 2014 Grand Champion Governor’s trophy at Illinois Marching Band Championship
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- Suburban dance squads ready for state finals
- Bloomingdale man wins 'Biggest Loser'
- Hall of Fame conversations with an old St. Charles friend
- Police investigating explicit email sent to students
- Lawmakers: COD should be punished for Breuder buyout
- McDonald's layoffs target Warrenville, Oak Brook HQ
- Woman guilty in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Elk Grove Village man guilty in sexual abuse of girls
- Suburban magician battles on 'Wizard Wars'
- Two men arrested in Mount Prospect shooting
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Lake Co. authorities find children kidnapped in 2006
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Sears lays off more than 100 workers
- ISU student from Crystal Lake dies; Lombard man charged
- Blackhawks' Shaw hoping to stay out of the doghouse
- PAYROLL - Payroll Employee Needed. Salary 35K-45K. Full time, twelve month position. Start immediately. Apply online at www.asd4.org under employment. (id:4395657) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: email@example.com (id:4396257) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565)
- SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396295) CASHIER / STOCK - PT Stock/Cashier nights and weekends. Garfield's Beverage Warehouse Barrington/ Palatine. 847-387-3676 or 847-359-0400 (id:4396177)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.