Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Harper College
Harper College hosts prime-time viewing of partial solar eclipse Oct 9, 2014 5:47 PM
So you overslept and missed that hoopla over the blood moon? The next spectacle in the skies comes later this month, and Harper College will provide prime viewing.
Students learn about manufacturing careers at Harper Oct 3, 2014 5:30 PM
Harper College and area manufacturers participated Friday in the third annual Manufacturing Day, a growing grass-roots of U.S. and Canadian manufacturers to show the potential of manufacturing and foster interest in related careers.
Harper women are in the NJCAA running Oct 3, 2014 6:45 PM
After not having enough runners to compete as a team the past two seasons and then starting this fall ranked just inside the top 10 in the NJCAA polls, the Harper women’s cross country team has achieved a major milestone. The Hawks now share the top spot in the poll with Mohawk Valley Community College.
Torrito, DuPage edge Harper with late goal Sep 30, 2014 10:47 PM
Through nearly 84 minutes, of soccer at Harper College on Tuesday, the Hawks and an 11-woman squad from College of DuPage played to a goal-less draw. “That game could have gone either way,” said DuPage coach William Fajkus. It ended up favoring the Chaparrals, thanks to a late goal. After being held in check for most of the contest, sophomore striker Angela Torrito (IC Catholic Prep) worked her magic, scoring her 15th goal of the season with 6:33 left.
Harper Small Business Development Center selected for federal program Sep 30, 2014 12:52 PM
Harper College’s Small Business Development Center in Schaumburg is one of eight in the country – and the only one in Illinois – chosen for a new federal program aimed at building relationships and increasing trade with Central and South American businesses.
Harper to host ‘Manufacturing Day’ events Sep 26, 2014 9:25 PM
Harper College and area manufacturers are holding their third annual Manufacturing Day, a growing grass-roots movement of U.S. and Canadian manufacturers to demonstrate the potential of present-day manufacturing and foster interest in related careers. The public is invited to attend Harper’s Manufacturing Day event from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 3, on the college’s main campus, 1200 W. Algonquin Road in Palatine.
Harper volleyball team nets No. 4 national ranking Sep 25, 2014 9:11 PM
Harper College’s women’s volleyball team has moved up to No. 4 in the NJCAA ranking after a strong performance in its own Harper Invite last weekend. The Hawks went 4-0 and topped third-ranked Rochester Community and Technical College as Meghan Chartier and Kim Butler both earned all-tournament honors.
New student trustee sworn in at Harper College Sep 23, 2014 3:19 PM
Between a full class load, the cross country and track teams, volunteering and a leadership role in student government, Marisa Andreuccetti has become pretty adept at time management. So, despite her already full schedule, Andreuccetti didn’t hesitate to step in as Harper College’s new student trustee.
Big Band concert to kick off One Book, One Harper Sep 21, 2014 4:25 PM
Tom Brokaw coined the term “The Greatest Generation” to describe the men and women who came of age during the Great Depression and World War II and then went on to build modern America.
Harper takes five, gets past Rochester Sep 20, 2014 7:20 PM
When two nationally ranked teams meet, fans naturally expect a competitive contest. They got what they wanted, though for a time it looked like the No. 8-ranked Harper College womens’ volleyball team might easily handle Rochester Community and Technical College on Saturday in Palatine as part of the Harper College Invite. Harper ended up winning in five sets.
Harper College rolls out diversity and inclusion plan Sep 19, 2014 4:19 PM
Two fresh faces will begin teaching at Harper College next week. The hiring of Oubria Tronshaw and Darnell Windmon -- makes good on the recommendations of a task force to close the gap between Harper's workforce and the racial and ethnic of the community the college serves.
How tapes of Jim Croce's 1973 Harper College concert got on CD Sep 19, 2014 5:15 AM
A reel-to-reel tape of Jim Croce's 1973 concert at Harper College in Palatine, stashed away in a suburban home for decades, has been re-discovered, remastered, and added to a new album. Roughly half the tracks on “Lost Time in a Bottle” are live versions of songs Croce played during his Feb. 2, 1973, show, seven months before his death.
Businesses can learn how to use Facebook to get big results Sep 19, 2014 12:38 PM
With more than 1.2 billion actively monthly users, Facebook is where people are at these days. So for many brands and businesses, establishing a presence on Facebook is a must.
Cross country, volleyball lead the fall charge at Harper Sep 19, 2014 12:31 AM
It has been a busy first month of the school year for the Harper athletic programs. Among the most active have been the men’s cross country program, which holds the top spot in this week’s NJCAA Division III national poll, and the women’s volleyball team, which has improved from its No. 10 preseason ranking to No. 9 in the most recent poll.
Triton trips up Harper Sep 18, 2014 12:08 AM
It was not your typical Harper-Triton men’s soccer match on Wednesday in south Palatine, where the host Hawks dropped a 2-0 decision.
One Million Degrees welcomes first Harper scholars Sep 12, 2014 7:30 AM
One Million Degrees, which empowers low-income, highly motivated community college students to succeed in school, in work and in life, has welcomed its first class of Harper scholars.
Harper’s Sokolowski nets national honor Sep 10, 2014 9:17 PM
Harper freshman outside hitter Lauren Sokolowski has been named NJCAA Divsion III women’s volleyball player of the week. In a week that saw the Hawks go 4-1, the 5-foot-8 Rolling Meadows grad played in 12 sets, averaging 3.25 kills and 5.67 digs per set to go with a 350 hitting percentage. Sokolowki had her best match of the week statistically in a loss to Rochester Technical College, going 25-for-28 hitting with 8 kills. In the most recent NCJAA national poll, Harper has climbed one spot to No. 9.
A poem a day Sep 8, 2014 7:09 AM
Harper College Associate Professor Jessica Walsh will write a poem each day throughout September for the 30/30 Project, a poetry awareness initiative that benefits the nonprofit Tupelo Press.
Fans, owners have jolly-good time at Palatine car fest Sep 7, 2014 7:03 PM
Ron Geibel of Schaumburg has a simple explanation for why he never puts a cover on his 1987 Morgan Plus 8 when it’s parked in his garage. “I consider it to be a work of art,” Geibel said. That was the prevailing sentiment among those who attended the 28th annual British Car Festival, held Sunday at Harper College in Palatine. Dozens of cars and motorcycles from across the pond were on display, including Rolls-Royces, Bentleys, TVRs and Morgans.
Hanover Park to pay for ‘emergency’ roof project at Education and Work Center Sep 5, 2014 5:30 AM
Hanover Park is scrambling to replace a leaky roof over the new Education and Work Center before students begin taking daytime classes at the facility run by two community colleges. Officials held a grand opening, and then heavy rains poured through the roof Aug. 21. "The big thing is we want it done as soon as possible," Mayor Rodney Craig said.
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Marriott delivers beautifully traditional 'King and I'
- Time for Fire to give fans a title-contender
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Stevenson High earns top marks on report cards
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Fairfield's in the future for Schaumburg's Akinola
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.