Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Grayslake
Route 53 extension: Hopes and concerns of those along the corridor Oct 27, 2014 10:29 AM
The prospect of a Route 53 extension has been part of life in central Lake County for five decades. A new version of the project is on the table, but is it a transportation and economic benefit the region can’t afford to pass by or an expensive dream that will never be built? Those who live and work along the corridor want to know what happens next.
Images: The Week in Pictures Oct 28, 2014 9:14 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures gallery features Daily Herald staff photos of Miss Illinois, the Vice President on the United States, and zombies, representing about 20 area communities.
Lake County road closure: Oct 26, 2014 5:39 PM
The Lake County Division of Transportation will restrict all access on Harris Road at Peterson Road, beginning Monday, Nov. 3, at 6 a.m. for seven days.
A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle Oct 27, 2014 9:36 AM
After 50 years of debate over the future of a Route 53 north extension into Lake County, a make-or-break decision is in the works with a new proposal that hinges on balancing interests involving environmental protection, improved transportation and economic development. “This is our last best chance. We've gotten further with this project than any of the other efforts,” said Lake County Board Chairman Aaron Lawlor.
Early Halloween trick-or-treating in downtown Grayslake Oct 25, 2014 6:17 PM
Trick-or-treaters got a jump on filling their candy bags Saturday in downtown Grayslake. Sponsored by the Grayslake Chamber of Commerce, the Business Trick or Treat ran from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. It was billed as a safe, fun way for children to collect candy from participating establishments in a concentrated area.
Coming Sunday: Special report on Route 53 Oct 24, 2014 10:01 AM
The newest incarnation in the 50-year struggle to extend Route 53 north into central Lake County is heading to a make-or-break decision about its future. Starting Sunday, read Mick Zawislak’s two-part report, which includes videos, photos, detailed map/graphics and an interactive Web map/graphic.
Understand Your Pain: Arthritis and Orthopedic Issues As We Age Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Monday, Oct. 27, 7 pm, Ivanhoe Congregational Church, 21078 W Route 176, Mundelein.
Woodlands Academy Hosts Open House Nov. 11 Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Learn about the dynamic educational experience at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart during an open house Tuesday, Nov. 11.
Mickey Finn’s and Pet Factory donate to Save-A-Pet Oct 23, 2014 1:02 PM
Mickey Finn’s Brewery and Pet Factory presented a check for $5,000 to Save-A-Pet, an organization providing safe haven for abused, neglected, injured, or lost animals as well as those that have escaped euthanasia, leading to the successful adoption of over 40,000 dogs and cats.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Rauner taxes show why laws should change Oct 22, 2014 3:00 PM
A Grayslake letter to the editor:So Rauner finally released some of his tax information. On $60.8 million he paid $14.3 million in taxes. His effective tax rates calculate out to 23.6 percent federal and 5 percent state. The federal tax rate tables for 2013 show the top rate at 39.6 percent.
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Special Film Screening at Grayslake Library, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 23 Oct 20, 2014 4:05 PM
Reserve your seat now for a special film screening of: The Fourth Partition at the Grayslake Area Public Library. Join Director Adrain Prawica as he presents this unique story about the migration of over 4 million Poles, their experiences in Chicago and their political activism which aided Poland in the fight for independence during WWI. Space is limited. Go to: www.grayslake.info to reserve seat(s) and for more information.
Nov. 4-8: CLC offers film, concerts and lectures during National French Week Oct 20, 2014 4:05 PM
Two lectures, two concerts and a film will be held to celebrate the culture of French-speaking countries at the College of Lake County during National French Week, Nov. 4-8.
Nov. 19: CLC hosts Open House Oct 20, 2014 4:06 PM
Current high school students as well as adults will have the opportunity to learn about attending the College of Lake County at an open house to be held from 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 19 at the Grayslake campus, located at 19351 W. Washington St.
Images: The Week in Pictures Oct 20, 2014 2:04 PM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of autumn colors, charity walkers, and zombies, representing about 20 different area communities.
‘ABBA MANIA’ descends on CLC’s James Lumber Center Oct 31, 2014 12:48 PM
“ABBA MANIA: The Official West End Tribute Show” comes to the College of Lake County in Grayslake on Friday, Nov. 7.
This riddle is hard to figure out Oct 19, 2014 1:01 AM
A Grayslake letter to the editor: As the party’s leader, would it not be incumbent on fellow Democrats running for office to have the president actively campaigning for them?
Schaumburg could have led in fight against bags Oct 18, 2014 5:01 AM
A Grayslake letter to the editor: The current solution to plastic bag litter in Schaumburg is a “wait and see approach.” What is the village waiting for?
Yes, it’s time to change course in Illinois Oct 18, 2014 5:01 AM
A Grayslake letter to the editor: Your endorsement of Bruce Rauner and the logic that you used to defend it made my day.
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- New brewery brings 'craft' to Naperville
- Bulls let this one get away
- Party funding pours into 62nd District
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- You can convert a garage into a bedroom
- Hill's profile of courage inspires many
- Budget peace breaks out after Boehner tough talk
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Pit bulls, pinot and patriots in Long Grove
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177)
- CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) WAREHOUSE - Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Warehouse Supervisor Bakery Supervisor Part-Time Quality Inspector positions available ($13.00/hr) Part-Time General Labor positions available ($10.80/hr) Part-Time Material Handler positions available ($14.00/hr) EOE m/f/d/v Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Learn more about the above positions or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4389574)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.