Activate Your Free
Articles filed under West Chicago High School District 94
Building changes to bolster education at West Chicago High Dec 16, 2014 12:34 PM
Superintendent Doug Domeracki explains some of the physical changes taking place at Community High School in West Chicago and what they might mean for students and parents.
Holiday music to ring at West Chicago High School Dec 4, 2014 1:06 PM
The West Chicago Community High School Music Department will present the sounds of the season this month in a series of free concerts.
West Chicago teacher exposes students to real-world economics Nov 17, 2014 11:01 AM
Candace Fikis, a social studies and economics teachers at Community High School in West Chicago, received Visa's Practical Money Skills Educator of the Month award for October. Fikis uses simulations and takes students on field trips to the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago to help them understand real-life applications of financial comcepts.
District 94 measures growth, not just achievement Nov 17, 2014 1:44 PM
"The fervor over standardized testing has left many parents and community members wondering whether students are actually achieving," Superintendent Douglas Domeracki said. "At Community High School District 94 in West Chicago, we believe standardized testing does not show the complete picture of student learning. However, it does play a role in determining the growth of a student from when they enter as a freshman until they graduate."
‘Good Man, Charlie Brown’ coming to West Chicago Nov 11, 2014 1:34 PM
The family-friendly musical “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown,” set for a three-night run at West Chicago’s Community High School, brings to life classic Peanuts characters created by Charles Schultz.
Homecoming in District 94 makes memories and preserves traditions Oct 27, 2014 1:41 PM
Community High School in West Chicago celebrated homecoming with activities that brought students, staff, alumni and community members together. The celebrations are important, Superintendent Doug Domeracki said, because they carry on traditions and are part of the school's 110-year history.
Summer construction brings changes for West Chicago high school Sep 12, 2014 1:49 PM
Community High School in West Chicago has a new look this school year, Superintendent Douglas Domeracki says. The school has new teaching kitchens, an improved Commons and other notable changes that are the beginning of a multi-year improvement project.
‘One Man, Two Guvnors’ at West Chicago High School Sep 12, 2014 1:52 PM
The comedy “One Man, Two Guvnors” will take center stage later this month when WeGo Drama at Community High School continues its 2014-15 season.
3 words for Dist. 94: Progressive, challenging, evolving Apr 21, 2014 9:11 AM
Superintendent Doug Domeracki says there are three words that best describe Community High School District 94 in West Chicago: progressive, challenging and evolving.
‘Prom Goes Green’ at West Chicago dress giveaway Apr 4, 2014 1:02 AM
At a West Chicago event that offered prom dresses Thursday in a kaleidoscope of colors, the focus was green -- a symbol of the recycling effort that made thousands of dresses available to students for free. “We believe events like this, like Prom Goes Green, are a great way to spread awareness of reuse and re-wear and recycle among high school students," said Rasham Grewal, marketing manager for USAgain, which hosted the giveaway.
Democracy is not a spectator sport at Community High School District 94 Mar 7, 2014 1:00 AM
Not only during election season, but throughout the school year, students at Community High School District 94 in West Chicago are engaged in many activities through the Social Studies Division that prove democracy is not a spectator sport in the school, Superintendent Douglas Domeracki says.
Images: Team Dance Illinois’ Grand Championship Mar 3, 2014 6:21 PM
Team Dance Illinois' Grand Championship was held Sunday, March 2 at the Peoria Civic Center. The event showcases Illinois’ best dance, pom, drill and guard teams competing throughout the event.
Suburban events Saturday being canceled due to snow Feb 1, 2014 8:09 AM
With a major winter storm looming Friday night, many local events planned for Saturday were being canceled. Among the cancellations announced Friday afternoon were the IHSA cheerleading sectional competitions, which have been moved to the same time Sunday in Grayslake and Rolling Meadows.
West Chicago students celebrated season of giving Jan 11, 2014 12:35 PM
The spirit of the holiday season is giving and the students and staff at Community High School District 94 in West Chicago understand the value of giving back to the community that supports them, Superintendent Doug Domeracki says. "While charitable activities occurred during the holiday season, the culture of giving at Community High School extends throughout the year."
Students, staff share why they like life at West Chicago high school Nov 15, 2013 12:38 PM
Douglas Domeracki, superintendent of Community High School District 94 in West Chicago, recently asked staff what parents should be proud of in their teens' education.
New year, new projects in District 94 Sep 23, 2013 9:39 AM
School is in full swing at Community High School in West Chicago. Even the newest students have found their classrooms, met their teachers and are engaged in learning. Meanwhile, District 94 educators are working on a variety of projects from a new electronic newsletter to preparing for testing changes to evaluating activities offered for students, Superintendent Doug Domeracki said.
What does it take to be a WeGo Wildcat? Aug 19, 2013 9:00 AM
Community High School District 94 Superintendent Doug Domeracki is looking forward to school starting on Friday so he can meet the students and begin learning what makes for a successful student at the high school in West Chicago.
Dist. 94 approves contract for support staff Apr 3, 2013 4:21 PM
Compromises on salaries, health insurance and retirement stipends ended 13 months of negotiations and led to approval this week of a three-year contract between West Chicago District 94 and the union representing its support staff employees. The contract is retroactive to July 1, 2012 and lasts until June 30, 2015.
District 94 support staff ‘optimistic’ for contract Mar 22, 2013 11:48 AM
Negotiating teams from the West Chicago High School District 94 school board and its support staff union are heading into a Saturday meeting with hopes of reaching a new contract. School board spokesman Tony Molinaro said the sides plan to focus on wages and health insurance — the two most significant sticking points in negotiations that began in February 2012. "We're hoping there will be some movement on their side," Molinaro said.
Endorsements: Gunderson, Lauf, Nagel, Saake for Dist. 94 board Mar 19, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Dirk Gunderson, Rich Nagel, Gary Saake and Christy Lauf for West Chicago District 94 school board.
- COD board again approves Breuder deal, despite outcry
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- 'Offensive image' sent to Fremd students
- See 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' at St. Viator
- Changes at animal control facility raising some concerns
- The language of love
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Ventura won't see 'American Sniper'; says Kyle is no hero
- 'Scrappy' Carpentersville skater wins national title
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Gurnee OKs $5.8 million in tax breaks for AKHAN
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- ISU student from Crystal Lake taken off life support
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Arlington Lakes to close for renovation for a year
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Blackhawks reporter Mike Spellman mourned as life of the press box
- COD gives Breuder $762,000 severance to retire in 2016
- COD attorney: Watchdog group trying to shut down college
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- Verdi: Spellman a great fit for any press box
- So many decisions ahead for Bears' new hires
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- ISU student from Crystal Lake dies; Lombard man charged
- Imrem: Seattle's 'Beast Mode' a godsend for media
- PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to email@example.com (id:4396445)
- TREE CLIMBER - Horticulture -Tree Climber 5-10 years exp., Bucket Truck exp. a plus. GRO Horticultural Enterprises, Inc. Phone -847-669-8658 (id:4396205) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565) MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) BANKING - Banking Credit Analyst/Wintrust Financial NW Suburbs, BA degree +2 yrs experience firstname.lastname@example.org EOE (id:4396485) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email email@example.com (id:4396220)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.