Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Volleyball
Montini moves to sectional final Nov 4, 2014 10:48 PM
Anticipating the moves of one’s opponents is common in sports, and girls volleyball is no exception.
Girls volleyball: Harvest Christian cruises in 1A Nov 4, 2014 9:00 PM
Harvest Christian nearly won its sectional semifinal match by forfeit. The Lions eventually got to take the court, but not for very long. Ellie Burzlaff had 8 kills and the Harvest servers racked up 16 aces in downing St. Francis de Sales, 25-6, 25-5, in the Class 1A Westminster Christian sectional Tuesday.
Team effort lifts St. Charles East over Glenbard West Nov 4, 2014 11:03 PM
Throughout the season, St. Charles East’s volleyball team has received contributions from all parties. That trend continued during the Saints’ tension-filled 25-22, 20-25, 25-20 Class 4A sectional semifinal victory over Glenbard West Tuesday night at Bartlett.
Carmel, Libertyville spin into sectional final Nov 4, 2014 10:57 PM
Running a 5-1 offense for the first time all season and with Grace Butler at the controls, Carmel still executed, defeating No. 7 Stevenson 25-18, 25-20 in Class 4A girls volleyball sectional action at Glenbrook North. As a result, the Corsairs will spin volleyballs in Thursday’s 6 p.m. final. No. 3 Carmel (33-5) will face top-seeded Libertyville (32-6).
Schaumburg rises to the occasion at Maine East Nov 4, 2014 10:49 PM
Schaumburg’s first sectional appearance in seven years came down to a third set on Tuesday night in Park Ridge. And it set up just fine for the Saxons, who realized they had some business to take of following the second set. “We might have come out a little overconfident (in the second set) because we won the first game kind of decisively,” said Saxons senior slugger Oyinkan Akinola. “Then we realized this is a sectional match. There’s no tomorrow if you lose. Everyone stepped up and did what they had to do.” Akinola, who put down 5 of her match-high 19 kills in the final set, and the Saxons rose to the challenge to pull out a 25-14, 18-25, 25-21 triumph over No. 3-seeded Maine East in the Blue Demons’ own Class 4A sectional.
Girls volleball: Dixon stuns Burlington Central Nov 4, 2014 10:41 PM
The records were certainly deceiving Tuesday night in Rochelle for the second semifinal of the Class 3A girls volleyball sectional. “Volleyball is a strange game,” Burlington Central coach Marv Leavitt said after Dixon, which entered the match with four more losses than wins, stunned the Rockets — winners of 30-plus matches — in three sets.
Girls volleyball: Cary-Grove gets past Huntley Nov 5, 2014 5:46 AM
There were no secrets between division rivals Huntley and Cary-Grove after two previous meetings, so Tuesday’s girls volleyball sectional semifinal came down to execution. Huntley served aggressively and successfully knocked Cary-Grove’s offense out of system for most of the match, but the Trojans’ many talented hitters nevertheless found ways to score out-of-system points to lift Cary-Grove to a 25-23, 25-22 victory in Crystal Lake.
Wauconda comes back to top Wheaton Academy Nov 4, 2014 9:59 PM
Upon closer examination, that first set between Wauconda and Wheaton Academy might have been closer than first thought. The Bulldogs tied up favored Wheaton Academy at 7-7, but that was before this 30-game winner from DuPage County blew the doors off the team from Wauconda. And frankly, it wasn’t as close as the 25-18 final score. So it seemed to be just a matter of time before Wauconda’s terrific girls volleyball season would be over. Instead, Wauconda softball star Kayla Wedl began to hit the volleyball hard. And the blocking of Becky Sidlowski and Haley Meyer began to make a difference. Wauconda coach Alison Williams calls her players “The Comeback Kids.” And that held true as the Bulldogs (27-8) stormed back to end Wheaton Academy’s season 18-25, 25-23, 25-21.
Girls volleyball: Crystal Lake South shakes off Hononegah Nov 4, 2014 9:55 PM
When you think of the 2014 Crystal Lake South girls volleyball team the names of Carly Nolan and Cassy Sivesind automatically come to mind. You can add the name of Abby Marchewka to the list of prominent Gators. Marchewka’s 9 kills, 4 blocks and 11 digs were enough to help propel South to a 26-24, 25-13 win in semifinal action of the Class 4A Crystal Lake South sectional Tuesday night.
Timothy Christian settles down, settles in Nov 4, 2014 10:08 PM
As Timothy Christian coach Scott Piersma held a post-match meeting with his team after the Trojans’ sectional semifinal victory Tuesday, he was stressing one big point.
Benet needs three games to beat Geneva Nov 4, 2014 9:41 PM
Come sectional time nothing is supposed to come easy, yet Benet seemed to get a big wakeup call when a 30-win Geneva squad evened things up at one game apiece.
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley’s ‘Fab Five’ set for sectionals Nov 3, 2014 8:51 PM
Patty Langanis and Karen Naymola have coached their respective girls volleyball teams against each other many times since Naymola played for Langanis at Cary-Grove. Tuesday night, though, will be the first time they have matched wits in the postseason. Langanis’ Trojans will take on Naymola’s Huntley Red Raiders in the 5:30 p.m. semifinal of the Class 4A Crystal Lake South sectional, followed by the host Gators facing Hononegah.
Schaumburg back in sectional picture Nov 3, 2014 12:17 PM
For the first time since 2007, Schaumburg’s girls volleyball team is back in the sectionals of the Class 4A state tournament. The Saxons won their 15th regional last Thursday night over Niles West which was the tourney host. No. 2-seeded Schaumburg (24-13) finds itself in a similar situation today. Maine East is the sectional host and the No. 3-seeded Blue Demons are Schaumburg’s opponent in the second semifinal today at 6:30 p.m.
Lake Zurich grad Walding giving Northeastern a big assist Nov 3, 2014 11:58 AM
When she played for Lake Zurich’s girls volleyball team, Kristen Walding was referred to as an assist machine. She is still making her teammates look good — now at Northeastern University in Boston, Mass. After earning her seventh double-double of the season in a thrilling five-set win against Elon University (N.C), Walding was named CAA Rookie of the Week. The freshman setter collected 54 assists, averaging 6.75 per set and netted 20 digs as well as 7 kills in two weekend matches.
Harper women’s volleyball squad faces difficult regional challenge Oct 31, 2014 1:01 AM
Ranked fourth nationally and with a 32-13 record, Harper College’s women’s volleyball team seems well positioned for the postseason. But there’s a big challenge ahead for Hawks in Region IV, Division III NJCAA playoff action, thanks to a pair of losses to Rock Valley College (24-14). The Hawks, winners of their last seven games, earned the region’s No. 3 seed for this weekend’s tournament at Joliet Junior College. “The girls realized they’re a good team,” coach Bob Vilsoet said. “Whether you are seeded two or three, it makes no difference.” And the Hawks’ first-round opponent at noon Saturday? Rock Valley.
Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ Oct 31, 2014 1:45 AM
The much-improved Dundee-Crown girls volleyball team could not keep determined host Cary-Grove from returning to championship form in Thursday’s Class 4A regional final. Cary-Grove, which won the 4A state title in 2009 and finished runner-up in 2010 and 2011, won its first regional title since that remarkable era by sweeping the Chargers 25-19, 25-18.
Burlington Central storms back to take crown Oct 30, 2014 10:36 PM
Kaneland’s girls volleyball team may have dominated urlington Central in Game 1 Thursday night more than any team has in a single set all season. But that’s why volleyball matches are played best-of-three. The Rockets stormed back from a disastrous opening set to win the next two and beat the Knights 14-25, 25-25-20, 25-20 in the championship match of the Class 3A Hampshire regional.
Glenbard West wins third consecutive regional title Oct 30, 2014 10:14 PM
The Glenbard West girls volleyball team won its third straight regional title Thursday with a 25-23, 25-15 victory over Wheaton North at the Class 4A Oswego East regional. But by looking at the Hilltoppers in their post-match celebration, one could tell the joy they experienced is far from becoming routine.
St. Charles East completes trifecta against Waubonsie Valley Oct 30, 2014 10:04 PM
Beating a quality volleyball team 3 times in the same season is always a tough task. Beating that same volleyball team 3 times in 3 weeks is even tougher. St. Charles East (29-8), however, was able to accomplish the feat without losing a single game, completing its third victory over Waubonsie Valley (24-14) in 22 days with a hard-fought, 25-21, 26-24 Class 4A Glenbard South regional championship triumph in Glen Ellyn.
Schofield, Carmel return to form against Palatine Oct 30, 2014 9:41 PM
Gracie Schofield was back for Carmel’s girls volleyball team on Thursday night.“It felt a little weird after missing the last three matches,” said the Drake recruit, who suffered her first injury (sprained ankle) in four years on the varsity. “It was just kind of hurting when I was jumping and landing on it. I just had to forget about it and play for the team. Once I did that, it was a lot easier.” Schofield and the No. 3 seeded Corsairs did not make things easy on No. 6 Palatine. Attacking from all angles, the Corsairs registered 24 kills en route to a 25-11, 25-21 victory in the championship match of the Class 4A Wheeling regional.
- Softball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Rauner meeting with Tri-Cities mayors assuages income tax fears
- Dist. 214: It'll take weeks to count students who boycotted PARCC
- Endorsement: 'Yes' on West Aurora School Dist. 129 building plan
- What's the best scenario for Bulls?
- Des Plaines zoning change could allow $1 billion development
- Farnham apologizes, gets 8 years in prison for child porn
- Baseball: Preseason Top 20 rankings
- Barrington Hills polo event's future in question
- Short & Sweet host Diana Martinez reviews The Illusionists
- Daily Herald back open for business; 'suspicious' mail not hazardous
- Strip club owner says she can class up Blackjacks
- Mayors protest Rauner cuts, learn they might lose funding sooner
- Lake Park can feel good despite defeat
- Geneva survives Lake Park in double overtime
- Stevenson earns return engagement downstate
- Once again Geneva finds a way to stay alive
- U-46 union president 'surprised' by layoff numbers
- Images: Geneva advances to state with a 2OT victory, 57-52 over Lake Park
- Sears Centre wants to host state basketball finals
- Suit: School district fired woman for being Hispanic
- Suburban gun owners want concealed carry expanded
- Conservative push to back Rauner agenda on tap in suburbs
- Farnham apologizes, gets 8 years in prison for child porn
- DuPage board member facing DUI charge
- Strip club owner says she can class up Blackjacks
- Imrem: There's no point playing in NIT
- Plans for Elgin-made replica Lincoln funeral train car derailed?
- Wood looking good as Cubs' fifth starter
- Wauconda dispatchers get pay increases, but job uncertainty still looms
- RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Schaumburg Physcian office seeking FT days. MUST have cust. srv skills & ability to multitask. Email resume to email@example.com or fax 847-240-2418 (id:4401268) POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hoffman Estates, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 4/7/2015 Testing Date: 4/18/2015 847-310-2677 (id:4400827) BANKING - Banking Mortgage Processors Mortgage Closers Mortgage Underwriters Hiring for immediate contract and direct hire positions Must have 2 yrs current or recent experience. Call HKA for immediate consideration: 847-998-9300 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE (id:4400942)
- CLEANING - Cleaning Company seeking: Ft/Pt custodians needed/min. exp: 1yr Driver License required Job locations: Chicago and all surrounding suburbs Fax 312.425.1950/email resume to email@example.com For app call office from M-F 9am-5pm at 312.425.1962 (id:4400979) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) DRIVER - DRIVER Shamokin Tree Care seeks PT Driver Class A CDL. Additionally, maintain trucks, equipment & operate loader. Call 630-932-8473 (id:4400987)
- GENERAL OFFICE - Detail oriented person for billing, A-R, customer service, PC exp required,QB helpful.EGV firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4398929) BUS DRIVER - Bus Drivers $500 Sign On Bonus!!! -Must be able to acquire Class C CDL -Must pass drug, alcohol & bkgnd check -Must be able to work weekends -Able to lift 50 lbs. -Assist passengers with disabilities -We provide the training -Ret. & Veterans encouraged to apply MV Public Transportation, Inc. 1896 Suncast Lane Batavia, IL 60510 email@example.com Fax: 712-764-3990 (id:4400705) CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL COMPANY CDL A DRIVERS You Are Very Important To us! We want you to be very Well Compensated with Daily Home Time, be Home Weekends and have excellent benefits with a 401K! Plus we will provide you with a $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. CDN Logistics, 317 W Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4401283)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.