Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Rutland Township
Future of mental health funding still uncertain in Kane County Oct 21, 2013 5:30 AM
The future of mental health care in Kane County will need further counseling as a special committee’s recommendations to county officials continued to be at odds with what some existing service providers want and what a pending new tax will fund.
Most Grafton Twp. trustees support cutting Rutland’s free rides Oct 17, 2013 5:32 PM
A majority of Grafton Township’s board members say they will vote to end bus service for riders in Rutland Township because that township can not decide whether to help pay for the service.
Editorial: Continue senior, disabled bus service Oct 11, 2013 5:00 AM
Rutland Township should continue bus service for its residents in Sun City by paying its fair share, a Daily Herald editorial says.
Rutland Township board defers vote on funding senior, disabled bus service Oct 9, 2013 12:41 PM
The Rutland Township board deferred a decision on whether to fund senior and disabled transportation services currently provided for free by Grafton Township. Grafton has threatened to discontinue the bus service Nov. 30 due to budget woes. “I always resist rushing into anything without having explored all of the options,” township Trustee Fred Bulmahn said. “I'm opposed to anything that's not means tested or needs based.”
Decision looms on senior buses in Grafton, Rutland townships Oct 6, 2013 6:51 AM
Rutland Township leaders never had to shuttle their senior and disabled residents around, because Grafton Township always did it for them — for free. But now Grafton officials they can't afford this, leaving Rutland officials to decide whether to pony up or find another program.
Rutland Twp. looks at bus options for seniors, disabled Sep 11, 2013 5:30 AM
While Grafton Township leaders have threatened to cancel bus service to senior and disabled residents in Rutland Township, Rutland officials are deciding whether to pick up where Grafton may leave off. Tuesday night, Rutland township board members said they will continue to discuss how and whether to provide transporation to those groups within the township.
Grafton, Rutland at odds over bus service Aug 22, 2013 7:58 PM
A showdown is looming between a pair of neighboring townships over a shuttle bus service Grafton Township extended to the Sun City seniors living in Rutland Township. Although 58 percent of the rides within the past year were made to Rutland Township residents, its officials have not offered to compensate Grafton Township for picking them up. And Grafton Township Supervisor James Kearns says the free rides are over.
Leaf peepers: Clues to help identify white oaks Aug 19, 2013 6:00 AM
“There were many splendid oaks,” wrote John S. Wilcox in 1906, describing Kane County at the time of European settlement. These magnificent trees included white oaks, red oaks, black oaks and bur oaks. There were swamp white oaks and chinkapin oaks, Hill’s oaks and shingle oaks, too. Although oaks are in serious decline, these species can still be found in Kane County.
Find out why oaks are endangered and how to help preserve them Jul 29, 2013 3:37 PM
The oak tree was once hailed as king of the forest. People called it magnificent, majestic and mighty. But that was then. Now, the oak no longer reigns supreme. As a group, oaks are in serious decline. As ecological communities, oak woodlands are imperiled.
Bow hunting to expand this fall in Kane County Jul 26, 2013 9:23 AM
Bow hunters will benefit from an expanded deer management program in the Kane County forest preserves this fall. But fans of the deer, who have long decried the state's annual culling program, say it's gotten to the point where forest preserve officials care way more about plants than deer. “Four, five years ago there were dozens of deer all the time,” said Bill Siers of the North Rutland Deer Alliance. “Now, go take a look. They are all gone."
War veterans to be honored at Gilberts event Aug. 11 Jul 24, 2013 12:50 PM
Veterans from World War II and the Korean conflict will be the center of attention in Gilberts on Aug. 11. On that day, they will be special guests of the Northern Fox Valley and the True Patriots Care Foundation.
Tigers, bull riding and pig races? Must be the Kane County Fair Jul 15, 2013 6:00 AM
When Larry Breon of Batavia was growing up, he went to the Kane County Fair to show off his family’s cattle as part of the 4-H exhibition. “It was something you looked forward to all summer,” he said. “We weren’t in town a lot, so this was our big chance for getting around other kids.”
Grafton Twp. to ask Rutland Twp. for bus program money Jun 28, 2013 8:47 AM
Huntley has been kind enough to support Grafton Township's senior and disabled bus service by contributing $10,000 toward those efforts, a commitment the village reaffirmed Thursday night in the form of an intergovernmental agreement. But now, Grafton Township Supervisor James Kearns wants Rutland Township to show him the money, since 58 percent of the people who ride the shuttle hail from Rutland Township's portion of Sun City, he said. “We shouldn't even be servicing them,” Kearns said.
See Rutland Twp. details for yourself May 12, 2013 4:40 AM
A Rutland Township letter to the editor: Recently reporter Lenore Adkins of the Daily Herald has run both sides of a couple of issues which have arisen in Rutland Township. If you believe in local representation via township government, I respectfully suggest that you may be interested in finding out more of the details by attending the meetings. The next two meetings may be of particular interest.
Huntley swears in new trustees May 9, 2013 10:59 PM
Thursday night was an evening of hellos and Godspeeds in the Huntley village hall. Village President Chuck Sass and six-year Trustee John Piwko — both incumbents — were sworn into to office, as were newly elected trustees Ronda Goldman and JR Westberg. At the same time, the village said goodbye to trustees Pam Fender and Ron Hahn.
Rutland Twp. trustee denies playing politics with budget May 4, 2013 8:00 AM
While some Rutland Township authorities have accused Trustee Steve Schuldt of playing politics with the road commissioner's budget, Schuldt views himself as someone who's closely watching township finances. "I'm just trying to keep everything legitimate and as frugal as possible," he said.
Road commissioner’s budget still not approved Apr 26, 2013 5:40 PM
Unresolved budgeting issues in the Rutland Township road commissioner's office have forced Howard Schultz, the road commissioner, to dip into his reserves until the matters are resolved. At a special meeting Thursday night, the township board conditionally approved the figures in his budget, but also voted to hold a second budget hearing in May and to delay awarding final approval for his budget until June, according to Township Assessor Janet Siers. The fiscal year ended March 31.
Janet Siers: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:05 PM
Candidate information for Janet Siers, running for Rutland Township Assessor (4-year Term)
Howard Schultz: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:05 PM
Candidate information for Howard Schultz, running for Rutland Township Highway Commissioner (4-year Term)
Linda Iverson: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:05 PM
Candidate information for Linda Iverson, running for Rutland Township Clerk (4-year Term)
- Imrem: Leitao sequel makes no sense for DePaul
- Fiorina goes after Clinton as she nears presidential bid
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Gregor: Addition of Rodon makes Sox team to beat in AL Central
- Rozner: Parity offers Sox, Cubs shot at playoffs
- Elgin man loses arm after accident at Bartlett pasta plant
- Here's why the Apple Watch won't free you from your iPhone
- Remodeling breathes new life into 1950s ranch home
- Dogs have their day at Wood Dale egg hunt
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Endorsements: Dremel, Impastato, Dryden for Batavia Dist. 101
- Pension crisis is not real
- Wauconda candidates divided on 911 center's future
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- Trust, communication key issues in Dist. 200 board race
- Indiana goveror says new law 'not about discrimination'
- Interminable ads relegate games to mere filler
- Charges yet to be filed in fatal hospital stabbing
- PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Lead Webmethods Developer eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Lead Webmethods Developer. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Dsgn, build, or mntn web sites, usng authrng or scriptng lnguges, contnt creatn tools, mngmnt tools, & digital media. Cnfr w/ mngmnt or dvlpmnt teams to prioritize needs, reslve conflcts, dvlp contnt criteria, chooz solutns. Mxmz site up-time by mngng operatns; reslvng outages. Req exp w/ Webmethods, WebSphere, JMS, EnterpriseOne adapter, & Oracle. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: BS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 5 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Also OK: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 3 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI33; EOE (id:4401634) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is not only the MIDWEST"S #1 VOLUME family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. How do we do continue to do it? By always hiring THE BEST individuals to work at our stores. And once we hire the best individuals, we train them to be even better by providing them with all the necessary skills for success. We try to do things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, we are looking to hire 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals...NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY...if you have the right attitude; we have a job for you! WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University & on-going training on-the-job An outstanding pay plan. Our top sales associates made over $100,000 last yr. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance - Good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Monday, March 30, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd -At the corner of Golf & Plum Grove Rd in Schaumburg -Across from Schaumburg Honda Automobiles No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402684)
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Small, independent Preschool in Rolling Meadows, IL offering full and part day programs, looking for a full time 3-4 yr. old teacher. Must be teacher qualified. Familiar with all State and NAEYC accreditation standards. Full time year around position. Top salary and benefits based on qualifications. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4400186) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) THERMOFORMING BACKGROUND OPERATOR - Manufacturing -Thermoforming Background Operator and Working Supervisor with more than 3 years experience operating both match metal trim and steel rule cutting. Company is a vacuum former of PET, PS, PP materials manufacturing food container products through thermoforming. Location : Anderson, IN. Please email your resumes at email@example.com Contact # 817-917-0390. (id:4402481)
- QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401964)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.