Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Palatine-Schaumburg High School D211
Speak up about your school district taxes Dec 8, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Flo Corrigan of Schaumburg wants taxpayers everywhere to watch what their school districts are doing regarding tax hike hikes.
Palatine Scout earns Eagle rank Dec 8, 2014 1:41 PM
John Komoll, 17, of Palatine Boy Scout Troop 209, has achieved scouting’s highest honor, the rank of Eagle Scout.
Girls’ math, science conference Feb. 7 Dec 2, 2014 2:10 PM
Registration is now open for the fifth annual GEMS (Girls in Engineering, Math and Science) Conference from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Feb. 7, at Conant High School in Hoffman Estates. The conference is for fifth- and sixth-grade girls and their parents in Palatine Township Elementary District 15, Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54 or any private schools within the Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 attendance area.
When it comes to outfitting needy families, PATH lends hand Dec 1, 2014 1:18 PM
When the temperature suddenly dropped in late November, social workers at Palatine High School noticed some teens arriving at school unprepared for the unseasonable chill - wearing T-shirts and jeans, and no jackets. They knew where to turn — a local group called Palatine Assisting Through Hope. PATH volunteers delivered an assortment of winter coats to the high school that very same day.
Harper College summit inspires area Latinos Nov 22, 2014 7:30 AM
Ernesto Mejia posed tough questions to the roughly 450 Northwest suburban high school freshmen and sophomores gathered Friday at Harper College for the 13th annual Latino Summit. Mejia, a college administrator turned motivational speaker, had to overcome discrimination, modest beginnings and a disease that left him temporarily paralyzed.
Fremd Viking Booster Club Emerald Gala Nov. 22 Nov 13, 2014 4:49 PM
For the 20th year, the Fremd Viking Booster Club is hosting its annual dinner dance to benefit Fremd High School students and programs. This year’s newly renamed Emerald Gala will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Cotillion Banquets in Palatine.
District 211 schools celebrate Veterans Day by honoring local veterans Nov 12, 2014 3:15 PM
This year, District 211 took a different approach to recognize a federal holiday that students usually have off school. Each District 211 school honored and recognized Veterans Day in their unique ways. Celebrations ranged from assemblies, to musical performances, student speakers, hallway decorations and giving thanks to local veterans.
Taxpayers in neighboring districts funding legal fight in Dist. 211 rape case Nov 12, 2014 11:19 AM
For eight years, taxpayers in three suburban school districts have been helping fund the fight against a lawsuit brought by the families of five former special education students who were raped by a classmate at a District 211 school. Offiicals think that's OK, but “I definitely think that if the school board was overseeing this there might be a little more understanding of the human toll of this case,” said Catherine Massarelli, representing four of the families.
D211 a big part of the pension problem Nov 10, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: District 211 has been one of the biggest (if not the biggest) abusers of our educators’ pension system, writes Ken Hofrichter of Elk Grove Village.
R.A.H. Fundraiser to Benefit Homeless D211 Students Coming up Thursday Nov 3, 2014 7:43 AM
R.A.H. Fundraiser to Benefit Homeless D211 Students Coming up Thursday
Realtors, District 211 raise money for homeless students Oct 31, 2014 1:08 PM
For many students in Palatine-Schaumburg Hich School District 211, challenges start outside of the classroom. One of those challenges includes students and families that are homeless. To help, Realtors Against Homelessness (RAH) works to provide fundraising opportunities and events throughout the year. RAH, in partnership with the District 211 Foundation, is hosting the fourth annual event to support homeless students. The event is at Schaumburg’s Chandler’s, 401 N. Roselle Road, on Thursday, Nov. 6, from 5 to 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale for $40 each.
Northwest suburban educators ‘will not stand’ for state funding cuts Oct 31, 2014 1:18 AM
Three Northwest suburban school districts held a joint forum Thursday night to rally parents and taxpayers against Senate Bill 16, a controversial proposal that would redistribute state funding among Illinois public school districts. “This would be a major disruption to the services that this community offers and to the services that your students receive, and we will not stand for that,” Palatine-Schaumburg District 211 Superintendent Dan Cates told the crowd.
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 critical of proposal to redistribute state education funding Oct 30, 2014 5:30 AM
Concerned about the possible loss of $3 million annually, Lake Zurich Unit District 95 wants residents to encourage lawmakers to oppose a proposal that would change how the state funds schools. District 95's position is shared by other suburban school systems.
Editorial: Recognizing excellence in a time of transition Oct 29, 2014 10:12 AM
A Daily Herald editorial says events this week involving honors at Fremd High School and Harper College show the increasing role of applied technologies in the economy of the future.
Fremd welcomes home Illinois Teacher of the Year Oct 27, 2014 8:11 PM
An outpouring of love and a standing ovation greeted Fremd High School automotive teacher Steve Elza at a schoolwide assembly Monday, two days after he was named Illinois’ Teacher of the Year for 2015. Elza remained characteristically modest. “It all comes down to the kids,” he said. “You know how you learn, but everyone has a different learning style.”
Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year Oct 25, 2014 10:48 PM
Steven Elza, an automotive technology teacher at William Fremd High School, has been named the 2015 Illinois Teacher of the Year. One of 12 finalists, Elza was announced as this year’s top educator during a banquet Saturday in Normal. "I love what I do, and I think that shows through," Elza said of the honor.
Fremd teacher Steve Elza finalist for Illinois Teacher of the Year Oct 20, 2014 2:53 PM
When Steve Elza, applied technology teacher at Fremd High School, first heard about being a 2015 Illinois Teacher of the Year finalist, he was speechless. “I have a passion for what I do with the kids and seeing them succeed, and when someone else sees that passion and says ‘You’re doing a great job and we appreciate what you do,’ it really validates what we all do here. It’s pretty amazing.”
School districts host forum on Senate Bill 16 Oct 19, 2014 4:26 PM
The public is invited to a forum hosted by Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54, Palatine Township Elementary District 15 and Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 to share information about Senate Bill 16 at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30 at Schaumburg High School, 1100 W. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg. Officials from the three districts say Senate Bill 16 would dramatically reduce their state funding by redistributing general state aid they now receive to districts in other communities.
Dist. 211 proposes tax levy for newly uncertain times Oct 17, 2014 12:35 PM
As uncomfortable as they may have always been for taxpayers, the determination of annual property tax levies probably has become a familiar process for most suburban school districts — until now. But with the potential impacts of pension reform, Senate Bill 16 and other measures that could affect state funding, financial forecasts are being challenged by an unprecedented level of uncertainty, Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 officials say.
Districts 211, 214 agree to change boundary for Arlington Downs Oct 17, 2014 5:30 AM
Officials from two Northwest suburban high school districts have agreed to shift attendance boundaries so families who might move into apartments at the former Sheraton hotel site now known as Arlington Downs are not split into separate schools. The boundary dividing Northwest Suburban High School District 214 and Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 now runs directly through the building.
- Asteroid is coming -- and you can see it
- Images: Ernie Banks
- Neighbors mourn woman killed in Barrington-area fire
- Strong start for Favio's in Geneva
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Counselors: Heroin treatment requires work, support
- Images: Photo Contest Finalists
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Rozner: Mike Spellman will be dearly missed
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- Tax net worth of wealthy freeloaders
- Only 1 true patriot can save America
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Tell the truth on global warming
- Billy Williams: This is a time to celebrate Ernie Banks
- Elgin boy killed in accident remembered as outgoing
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) CNC MACHINIST - CNC Machinist Rexnord Industries is currently seeking experienced CNC Machinists and Grinders for 2nd and 3rd shift. 3-5 years previous experience preferred. Apply on-line at www.rexnord.com. EOE/M/F/D/V (id:4395975) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP - ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS Available at THE LAKE COUNTY JATC 31290 N. U.S. Hwy 45, Unit A Libertyville, IL. 60048 Applications from 11/17/2014 through 1/29/2015 Monday -Thursday 7:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Except 12/10/14 & 1/14/15 when applications are accepted until 5:30pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 27th, DECEMBER 24th, 25th, 31st & JANUARY 1st Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Applications must be in person with a $25.00 fee. Visit our website at www.lakecountyjatc.org for further details (id:4388608) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444) DINING ROOM SERVER - "Open Interviews" Thursday, January 22 From: 10am -3:00pm Line Cooks -FT Dining Room Servers PT Belmont Village of Glenview 2200 Golf Road Glenview, IL 60025 Become part of the family, great jobs, great rewards! great jobs, great rewards! eoe (id:4396038)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS - Team Rehabilitation Physical Therapy has openings for full-time and part-time Front Desk Admission positions at our Arlington Heights Clinic. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefit package and bonuses. Apply online at www.team-rehab.com (id:4396446)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.