Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Palatine-Schaumburg High School D211
Realtors, District 211 raise money for homeless students Oct 31, 2014 1:08 PM
For many students in Palatine-Schaumburg Hich School District 211, challenges start outside of the classroom. One of those challenges includes students and families that are homeless. To help, Realtors Against Homelessness (RAH) works to provide fundraising opportunities and events throughout the year. RAH, in partnership with the District 211 Foundation, is hosting the fourth annual event to support homeless students. The event is at Schaumburg’s Chandler’s, 401 N. Roselle Road, on Thursday, Nov. 6, from 5 to 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale for $40 each.
Northwest suburban educators ‘will not stand’ for state funding cuts Oct 31, 2014 1:18 AM
Three Northwest suburban school districts held a joint forum Thursday night to rally parents and taxpayers against Senate Bill 16, a controversial proposal that would redistribute state funding among Illinois public school districts. “This would be a major disruption to the services that this community offers and to the services that your students receive, and we will not stand for that,” Palatine-Schaumburg District 211 Superintendent Dan Cates told the crowd.
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 critical of proposal to redistribute state education funding Oct 30, 2014 5:30 AM
Concerned about the possible loss of $3 million annually, Lake Zurich Unit District 95 wants residents to encourage lawmakers to oppose a proposal that would change how the state funds schools. District 95's position is shared by other suburban school systems.
Editorial: Recognizing excellence in a time of transition Oct 29, 2014 10:12 AM
A Daily Herald editorial says events this week involving honors at Fremd High School and Harper College show the increasing role of applied technologies in the economy of the future.
Fremd welcomes home Illinois Teacher of the Year Oct 27, 2014 8:11 PM
An outpouring of love and a standing ovation greeted Fremd High School automotive teacher Steve Elza at a schoolwide assembly Monday, two days after he was named Illinois’ Teacher of the Year for 2015. Elza remained characteristically modest. “It all comes down to the kids,” he said. “You know how you learn, but everyone has a different learning style.”
Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year Oct 25, 2014 10:48 PM
Steven Elza, an automotive technology teacher at William Fremd High School, has been named the 2015 Illinois Teacher of the Year. One of 12 finalists, Elza was announced as this year’s top educator during a banquet Saturday in Normal. "I love what I do, and I think that shows through," Elza said of the honor.
Fremd teacher Steve Elza finalist for Illinois Teacher of the Year Oct 20, 2014 2:53 PM
When Steve Elza, applied technology teacher at Fremd High School, first heard about being a 2015 Illinois Teacher of the Year finalist, he was speechless. “I have a passion for what I do with the kids and seeing them succeed, and when someone else sees that passion and says ‘You’re doing a great job and we appreciate what you do,’ it really validates what we all do here. It’s pretty amazing.”
School districts host forum on Senate Bill 16 Oct 19, 2014 4:26 PM
The public is invited to a forum hosted by Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54, Palatine Township Elementary District 15 and Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 to share information about Senate Bill 16 at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30 at Schaumburg High School, 1100 W. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg. Officials from the three districts say Senate Bill 16 would dramatically reduce their state funding by redistributing general state aid they now receive to districts in other communities.
Dist. 211 proposes tax levy for newly uncertain times Oct 17, 2014 12:35 PM
As uncomfortable as they may have always been for taxpayers, the determination of annual property tax levies probably has become a familiar process for most suburban school districts — until now. But with the potential impacts of pension reform, Senate Bill 16 and other measures that could affect state funding, financial forecasts are being challenged by an unprecedented level of uncertainty, Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 officials say.
Districts 211, 214 agree to change boundary for Arlington Downs Oct 17, 2014 5:30 AM
Officials from two Northwest suburban high school districts have agreed to shift attendance boundaries so families who might move into apartments at the former Sheraton hotel site now known as Arlington Downs are not split into separate schools. The boundary dividing Northwest Suburban High School District 214 and Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 now runs directly through the building.
Palatine, Hoffman girls teams raise funds for breast cancer research Oct 15, 2014 3:34 PM
On Thursday, Oct. 2, the Palatine High School Girls Volleyball Program hosted the Hoffman Estates Hawks during a regular season mid-suburban league volleyball match. The match was dedicated to all the men and women who have been touched by breast cancer with hopes that this devastating disease will one day be cured.
Special Olympian crowned Hoffman H.S. homecoming king Oct 11, 2014 1:31 AM
Amid chants of “A.J.! A.J.!” from his classmates, Hoffman Estates High School special education student and four-year drummer for the school band, A.J. Pilafas, was crowned homecoming king Friday afternoon to his amazement and delight. Joining him as homecoming queen was fellow band member and the school National Honor Society president Hannah Greenwalt.
Conant students achieve perfect scores on ACT exam, Schaumburg student scores perfect SAT exam Oct 5, 2014 4:51 PM
At its Sept. 18 meeting, the Board of Education honored four High School District 211 students for achieving a 36, the highest possible composite score, on the ACT exam. Additionally, one student from Schaumburg High School earned a perfect score on the SAT exam.
Fundraiser to help homeless Dist. 211 students Nov. 6 Oct 3, 2014 1:38 PM
Realtors Against Homelessness will be hosting a fundraiser to raise money for District 211 students who are classified as homeless.
Palatine High to host Volley for the Cure fundraiser Sep 30, 2014 1:01 PM
The volleyball programs from Palatine High School and Hoffman Estates High School are teaming up once again to fight against breast cancer with Volley for the Cure.
Directions Fair for special ed high school students Tuesday in Arlington Hts. Sep 24, 2014 1:37 PM
In an effort to help encourage and provide guidance for parents transitioning their students out of high school and into vocational or collegiate opportunities after graduation, Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 is part of a team of local educational institutions participating in Directions Fair, which will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 30, at the Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Road in Arlington Heights.
Healthier District 211 lunches draw USDA attention Sep 20, 2014 7:15 AM
A USDA official had lunch at Palatine High School on Friday, asking students how well they like the new, healthier federal lunch program. Audrey Rowe got a mixed bag of answers, but overall lunch sales are up in District 211, officials said.
District 211 teachers, support staff get new contracts Sep 18, 2014 11:46 PM
The Palatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 school board approved a new four-year contract agreement with the district’s teachers union at its meeting on Thursday night.
Dist. 211 student panel promotes digital ‘best practices’ Sep 16, 2014 1:32 PM
Think before posting - the first rule of good social media behavior, say a group of District 211 students.
Couple visiting Schaumburg High, on disabilities: ‘The best thing that ever happened’ Sep 15, 2014 7:22 PM
Never let challenges get in the way of your dreams, Jay Cramer and Katy Sullivan told high school students on Monday. They should know. The couple -- who act, sing, and compete athletically -- are both disabled. “Falling that day is the best thing that ever happened to me,” Cramer said, talking about the opportunities he has had throughout his recovery. “Your whole life can change in the blink of an eye.”
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- A trip back in time
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.