Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Oak Grove District 68
Lake County schools expand anti-bullying policies Dec 8, 2011 5:20 PM
Officials at two Lake County elementary school districts say they are taking steps to better police the bullying issue and make it easier to report. Oak Grove District 68 in Green Oaks and neighboring Libertyville District 70 independently this week said they are pursuing new avenues to make schools safer.
Bullying topic of meeting: Dec 6, 2011 4:07 PM
An update on the bully prevention policy, process and procedures is the topic of a special meeting of the Oak Grove School District 68 school board at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 7.
Oak Grove District 68 seeks less in property taxes Dec 5, 2011 5:30 AM
As taxing districts across Lake County determine how much to ask for next year, one school district is bucking the trend by seeking less. With a healthy reserve in the bank and declining enrollment, the Oak Grove Elementary District 68 board has decided it can function comfortably with $500,000 less than it received in property taxes last year.
Youth improv festival in Green Oaks Nov 19, 2011 8:53 AM
Improv teams and clubs from the Chicago northern suburbs are invited to register for the North Suburban Youth Improv Festival to be held Dec. 3 at Oak Grove School in Green Oaks.
Oak Grove teachers, school board apart on salary, insurance Oct 18, 2011 5:02 PM
Contract talks with teachers, usually a relatively smooth process in Oak Grove District 68, have hit a snag with the resulting gridlock spilling into public view. Salary and insurance compensation are the main points of contention.
School districts net award: Oct 14, 2011 4:45 PM
Lincolnshire-Prairie View Elementary District 103 has received a Bright A+ Award from the SchoolSearch organization.
Oak Grove students receive grant to help Lambís Farm Sep 20, 2011 2:50 PM
The Oak Grove School Education Foundation has awarded a mini grant to its eighth-grade team to fund a day of community service at Lambís Farm in Libertyville.
Town hall meeting to cover District 68 finances Sep 19, 2011 5:43 PM
Lowering the amount asked in property taxes is expected to be among the items for discussion Thursday as Green Oaks-based Oak Grove District 68 hosts a town hall meeting on finances.
Libertyville coach's cancer diagnosis inspires benefit Aug 3, 2011 11:23 AM
Nearly 100 students and alumni from Libertyville High School got to act like little kids again on Saturday during a tournament at Oak Grove Junior High to raise money in support of head football coach Randy Kuceyeski, who is battling throat cancer.
School districts share employees Jun 28, 2011 6:39 PM
Neighboring elementary school districts in Lake County will share more than a ZIP code as part of a type of agreement expected to become more prevalent in public education.
Saturday soapbox Jun 18, 2011 9:31 AM
Districts that aren't waiting for orders from the state to consolidate services. Safety in the pool. Long-delayed memorials. Just some of the topics in this week's Soapbox.
School districts may share resources Jun 8, 2011 5:49 PM
In what might be a sign of things to come, Oak Grove School District 68 and Libertyvllle Elementary District 70 are in talks about sharing a finance director.
More Dist. 76 material appearing online Apr 11, 2011 5:27 PM
A move to save money also has increased the amount of online information available regarding Diamond Lake Elementary District 76.
For Oak Grove Dist. 68: Hasler, Pirih, Yin Mar 15, 2011 6:52 PM
The Daily Herald endorses Anthony Pirih, Pen Yin and Lane Hassler.
Economy a factor in Oak Grove District 68 Mar 9, 2011 9:58 AM
Finances havenít been as urgent an issue in Oak Grove Elementary District 68 as in some other areas, but falling enrollment and property values means board members will have to be vigilant, candidates for the school board say.
Anthony M. Pirih: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Candidate information for Anthony M. Pirih, running for Oak Grove Elementary D68
Lane Hasler: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Candidate information for Lane Hasler, running for Oak Grove Elementary D68
Peng Yin: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Candidate information for Peng Yin, running for Oak Grove Elementary D68
Kim Opsahl: Candidate Profile Feb 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Candidate information for Kim Opsahl, running for Oak Grove Elementary D68
Two file in Oak Grove District 68 Dec 13, 2010 2:47 PM
Two candidates filed Monday morning for the Oak Grove District 68 school board. Kim Opsahl of Libertyville and Tony Pirih of Green Oaks filed simultaneously at 8 a.m.
- Ex-SADD leader charged with DUI in fatal quarry crash
- 85-year-old East Dundee woman dies of stab wound
- Eastbound Addams tollway reopens; motorcyclist hurt near Rosemont
- Meijer proposal moves ahead in Round Lake Beach
- Man hospitalized after Palatine bar fight
- Auto tech praised for rescuing biker in W. Dundee
- 20-year-old killed in Pingree Grove crash
- Gary Sinise and his band rock out in Wheaton
- Officials: Woman crashes car into E. Dundee gas station
- Weekend picks: Blake Shelton to rock Wrigley Field
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Delle Donne shares her struggles with Lyme disease
- 20-year-old killed in Pingree Grove crash
- Auto tech praised for rescuing biker in W. Dundee
- Employers shouldn't cover cost of abortions
- Criticism of president was fantastical
- Durbin helped cause flood of immigrants
- WWII-era aircraft land at Wheeling airport
- 'I prepared myself to die.' Survivors recall Flight 232 crash
- Tears, hugs over Grandma Sally's in Naperville
- Poplar Creek Music Theatre: 20 years after the music died
- MAIL ROOM / WAREHOUSE - MAIL ROOM / WAREHOUSE Schaumburg association looking for an experienced individual with knowledge of postal regulations/UPS, Word, Excel and Pitney-Bowes DM800 equipment. Must be certified or able to operate a forklift. Responsible for custodial maintenance including warehouse. Driver's license required. Some heavy lifting. Hours mid-day. email email@example.com (id:4379863) AREA SALES REPRESENTATIVE - Leading nat'l supplier of window and bed coverings for the apt. and hotel industries seeks motivated individuals for sales positions in IL, IN based in Chicago; travel req'd. Salary, commission, car allowance, paid expenses and benefits pkg. For add'l info, call 24 hrs. 800-852-8769, ext. 1111. Submit firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379534) MACHINE OPERATOR - Machine Operator Fast growing company looking for individuals interested in growth. Will train right candidate. 1st shift -FT, good start-ing pay, good benefit package, clear record, pass drug test, EEO Employer. Call Rodrigo 630-688-3764 (id:4379894)
- ROOFING INSTALLER - Looking for an experienced roofing installer for repairs only. Must be proficient in asphalt, cedar and flat roofing installation. Experience in siding repair a plus. Transportation and tools will be provided. Full time position, wage based on experience; $25-$30 hour. Must be fluent in English Must have driver's license 630-855-3501 (id:4380284) CDL A DRIVER - Drivers CLASS A CDL OPEN HOUSES Monday, July 14th, 2 pm -8 pm Tuesday July 15th, 7 am -11 am Hilton Garden Inn 551 North Swift Road Addison, Illinois 60101 We're Looking For Experienced Drivers! BLACK HORSE CARRIERS is operating in the Elk Grove Village, Cicero, and Naperville areas and has just signed new business. We are looking for Class A CDL drivers. Avg 63k up to 70k per year. HOME DAILY, MON-FRI WORK WEEK, Night start times. Dedicated routes, Drivers will handle freight, Unattended Delivery. These are full time positions with full Benefits, 401K and paid vacation. If you have 3 yrs. Exp., Hazmat Endorsement or willing to obtain and a clean MVR, please join us at our open houses. Call (708) 374 7589 or email to email@example.com WITH CODE "ELK GROVE" if you can't attend. EOE. Drug Testing is a condition of employment. (id:4379681) QUALITY TECHNICIAN - Quality Technician NW Suburbs -3rd Shift We offer health/dental ins & 401k. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 847-468-9951 (id:4379514)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Experienced customer administrator w-excellent verbal and computer skills. (Word, Excel, Outlook). No phone calls. Email resume to email@example.com . (id:4380062) RECEPTIONIST - Dental receptionist w/ minimum 4 yrs dental exp. Eaglesoft a +, 25-27 hrs/wk. Non-smoker, Bartlett. Fax resume w/ ref. 630-830-2233 (id:4380247) RESIDENCE HALL CUSTODIAN - Residence Hall Custodian Full-Time, Days Positon Summary: Under direct supervision, performs custodial work required for the cleaning and upkeep of buildings in accordance with the aforementioned purpose of the Night Custodial Department. Essential Functions: Performs all custodial duties as assigned in large areas, including trash collection and removal. Sweeps, dust mops, wet mops and scrubs floors, vacuums, shampoos carpets and dusts furniture, cleans windows, glass and mirrors. Possesses ability to fill, carry and lift 5 gallon 40 lb. buckets. Uses equipment including but it not limited to industrial type floor scrubbers, floor strippers, buffers and attachments, wet and dry vacuum cleaners and rug shampooing machines and attachments. Washes and/or cleans interior wall spaces and ceilings working on ladders and scaffolding, as required. Moves commercial size furniture, such as sofas, dressers, students desks, beds and mattresses as directed. Equipment used includes but is not limited to dollies and hand trucks. Cleans and services lavatories, toilet rooms and rest rooms following standard procedures. Maintains adequate stock of custodial supplies in assigned custodial closets. Maintains custodial equipment in good condition and report any needed repairs of equipment or building with written work order. Shovels snow and de-ice steps and walks at building entrances and connecting walkways. Provide own clothing for outdoor work in inclement weather. Equipment used includes but is not limited to shovels and snow blowers. Replaces burned out light bulbs and fluorescent lights. Must demonstrate proper use of ladder and ability to function in somewhat awkward positions and confined spaces. Equipment used includes but is not limited to A-frame ladders. Learns and follows College work procedures relating to duties, particularly as it relates to use of equipment and chemicals. Learn and follow the safety rules and regulations of the College. Prepares set-ups and take-downs for special events as directed, i.e. moving tables, chairs, video equipment, etc. Reads MSD sheets in case of emergency and follow procedures on MSD sheets. Reports items that require repair in buildings and to equipment. Other Duties and Responsibilities: Performs other duties as assigned. Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly in order to move objects. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and lift 50 pounds. Must be able to be fitted with and wear a respirator. Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, as required. Minimum Qualifications: Willingness to work overtime as needed, including weekends. Willingness to take a leadership role with other custodians or student workers when directed. Ability to work well with students, faculty, staff and the general public. Ability to perform actions of climbing stairs and ladders. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Valid driver's license. Ability to pass a criminal background screening process. Ability to prioritize and organize tasks. Professional appearance. Apply online at: https://elmhurst.simplehire.com Elmhurst College is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. (id:4379990)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.