Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Oak Brook
The Tech Doctors Inc. earn Microsoft Silver Small, Midmarket Cloud Solutions Competency Oct 30, 2014 4:17 PM
The Tech Doctors Inc. in Wheaton announced it has achieved a Silver Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions competency, demonstrating its ability to meet Microsoft Corp. customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
10 ideas — both frightening and family-friendly — for Halloween Oct 30, 2014 12:57 PM
Looking for Halloween haunts? Want something more than the chance to chow down on chocolate? We have 10 events, from tame to terrifying, that will make this Halloween memorable.
McDonald’s may be on investor’s menu over valuation Oct 28, 2014 10:49 AM
McDonald’s Corp. may be an activist investor’s next super-sized target. As the world’s largest restaurant chain loses customers to rivals such as Wendy’s Co. and Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc., it’s beginning to look vulnerable. McDonald’s valuation relative to earnings is now lower than any of its American peers, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Chain-reaction crash at Oakbrook Center Oct 28, 2014 10:11 PM
A man backing out of a parking space near Neiman Marcus in Oak Brook Monday afternoon caused a chain reaction of crashes and came to a stop inside the store, police said.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
NIU Law alum named one of “50 Most Influential People in Workers’ Compensation” Oct 27, 2014 6:42 PM
Rich Lenkov, Northern Illinois University College of Law alum and capital member of Bryce Downey & Lenkov, LLC, was named one of the “50 Most Influential People in Workers’ Compensation” by SEAK, Inc., a continuing education, publishing and consulting company.
Benedictine symposium weeds out pesticides in lawn care Oct 24, 2014 4:38 PM
Benedictine University is joining the Chicago Park District, the Midwest Pesticide Action Center, Sierra Club and other environmental groups advocating for the use of natural lawn care techniques in place of pesticides. The university’s Center for Mission and Identity will hold a free, all-day seminar on the issue of pesticides, lawns and social change from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. Benedictine faculty and experts will discuss the scientific, cultural, ethical and public health implications of eliminating the use of pesticides. The event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited.
Northwest Choral Society announces 2014-15 season Oct 30, 2014 6:48 PM
The Northwest Choral Society, under the direction of artistic director Alan Wellman, announces the schedule and music selections for its three concert performances during the upcoming 2014-15 season.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
McDonald’s 3rd quarter profit drops 30% as sales slump Oct 21, 2014 9:34 AM
Oak Brook-based McDonald’s Corp., the world’s largest restaurant chain, said third-quarter profit fell 30 percent as U.S. sales slumped for the fourth straight quarter.
Dining events: Halloween comes to Drury Lane brunch Oct 21, 2014 6:00 AM
Fall favorites comes to Drury Lane’s Spooktacular Halloween Brunch Sunday; Fleming’s offers a fall special; princesses and pirates can dine at Shaw's.
McDonald’s costly burgers send diners to fancier rivals Oct 20, 2014 8:25 AM
Mike Hiner used to take his grandsons to McDonald’s when they wanted a treat. With higher wage and food costs pushing up prices at the Golden Arches, he’s increasingly taking them to IHOP, Denny’s and Chili’s instead.
Local theater companies craft shows to thrill Oct 19, 2014 6:30 AM
Many theater companies turn to more macabre material for the Halloween season. Some shows offer satisfying scares, while others aim to make you laugh by skewering well-known horror flicks. Here’s a sampling of scary shows onstage in Chicago and the suburbs this Halloween holiday.
Oak Brook man donates $50,000 for heroin fight Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
After losing his 18-year-old grandson to a heroin overdose in March, Edward Heil wanted to do something to prevent others from being killed by the drug. On Thursday, the Oak Brook man donated $50,000 to the DuPage Narcan Program, which trains police officers on how to administer the opiate overdose reversal drug Narcan.
Investment adviser convicted Oct 17, 2014 7:54 PM
A federal jury on Friday found a Chicago investment adviser guilty of defrauding an Oak Brook-based bank and two clients, according to a news release from the U.S. attorney’s office. Robert J. Lunn, 64, of Chicago was convicted on five counts of federal bank fraud. He faces up to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine on each count, the news release said.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Oak Brook artist exhibits at Mayslake Oct 14, 2014 7:48 AM
An exhibition of works by Judith Barath is on display through Oct. 31 at the DuPage Forest Preserve District’s Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St., Oak Brook.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Samsung counts on wraparound screens to fend off Apple
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Former teacher files discrimination lawsuit against U-46
- Images: Thursday's Lake County Fair
- Hottest job on market: Cybersecurity professionals
- New lawsuit filed against arrested Schaumburg cops
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.