Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Kildeer-Countryside District 96
Violinist Rachel Barton tutors Long Grove, Buffalo Grove band students Nov 22, 2014 12:14 AM
About 110 band students from Woodlawn Middle School in Long Grove and Twin Groves Middle School in Buffalo Grove gathered in the latter school’s cafeteria Friday afternoon to hear famed violinist Rachel Barton Pine lecture and play.
Five suburban educators are finalists for Teacher of the Year Sep 9, 2014 2:41 PM
Teachers at Naperville Central High School, William Fremd High School, Prairie Elementary School (Buffalo Grove), Southbury Elementary School (Oswego) and Grayslake North High School are among the 12 finalists for 2015 Illinois Teacher of the Year.
Buffalo Grove middle school ranked 28th nationally May 1, 2014 3:24 PM
Twin Groves Middle School in Buffalo Grove has been ranked the 28th best middle school in the nation, by TheBestSchools.org. In honoring Twin Groves, the only Illinois middle school on the “Top 50 Middle Schools” list for 2014, the judges cited several weighted factors, including academic excellence, National Assessment of Educational Progress scores, state assessment scores, awards and other rankings, and reputation.
3 districts leaving SEDOL: Apr 8, 2014 7:13 PM
The Lake County Regional Board of Education on Monday approved plans for three local school districts to drop out of the Special Education District of Lake County in 2015.
Rouleau resigns from Kildeer Countryside school board Mar 19, 2014 3:00 PM
John Rouleau, a board member in Kildeer Countryside Elementary District 96, resigned on Tuesday, March 18, citing a desire to spend more time with his family. “John ... was discerning and thoughtful in making decisions that affect students, faculty, and the community,” said Board President Marc Tepper. The district is taking applications to fill the seat.
Stevenson board approves deal: Mar 19, 2014 4:33 PM
The Stevenson High School District 125 board on Monday approved a plan to withdraw from the Special Education District of Lake County in 2015.
Frank Clayton, longtime Buffalo Grove school board member, dies at 80 Mar 18, 2014 2:52 PM
Frank Clayton, the husband of former Buffalo Grove mayor and Illinois state legislator Verna Clayton, died Saturday in South Carolina at 80. While his wife carved out a well-known career in public service in and around Buffalo Grove, Frank Clayton jumped into local politics at nearly the same time, running for and winning a seat on the Kildeer Countryside school board.
SEDOL approves withdrawal deal with three school districts Feb 28, 2014 4:11 PM
The governing board of the Special Education District of Lake County has approved a plan for three member districts to withdraw from the cooperative agency in 2015. The agreement now must be approved by the three school boards that made the request and by the Lake County regional board of education.
Schools want to leave SEDOL: Jan 24, 2014 6:13 PM
The Lake County regional school board will hold a special meeting Tuesday to discuss whether three local school districts should be allowed to leave the Special Education District of Lake County.
Schools want out of SEDOL: Jan 16, 2014 5:04 PM
The Lake County regional school board will hold a special meeting Jan. 28 to discuss whether three local districts should be allowed to withdraw from the Special Education District of Lake County.
Three families want to leave Lake Zurich District 95 to join neighboring districts Jan 11, 2014 8:00 AM
Three families are seeking approval from a regional education agency to leave Lake Zurich Unit District 95's boundaries. They want their properties to be within Kildeer-Countryside Elementary District 96 and Stevenson High School District 125. “It really has to do with geographical issues,” one resident said.
Stevenson High wants to leave Lake County’s special district Dec 27, 2013 4:29 PM
Lake County’s regional board of education soon could decide if Stevenson High School can withdraw from a cooperative agency that provides special-education services.
Twin Groves celebrates Blue Ribbon School award Dec 5, 2013 5:09 PM
Representatives of Twin Groves Middle School in Buffalo Grove traveled to Washington, D.C. last month to accept its National Blue Ribbon award from the U.S. Department of Education. On Thursday, they shared the prestigious honor with the Twin Groves teachers, staff and students who helped make it possible.
Three Northwest suburban schools receive Blue Ribbons Nov 25, 2013 5:35 AM
Three schools in the Northwest suburbs of Cook County are celebrating their receiving of Bue Ribbon awards: St. Peter Lutheran in Arlington Heights, Roslyn Road Elementary in Barrington, and Twin Groves Middle School in Buffalo Grove. “When parents reinforce our messages at home, learning really takes off. It’s special to be a part of,” said Paul Kirk, principal of Roslyn Road Elementary School.
Buffalo Grove offers free smartphone app Oct 21, 2013 5:26 PM
A smartphone app for residents and visitors of Buffalo Grove is now available for free in the Google Play store and the iTunes store. The app is the result of collaboration among nine local government entities.
Stevenson High, 2 feeder districts to withdraw from SEDOL Oct 6, 2013 11:20 AM
Three Lake County school districts are withdrawing from a regional agency that provides special-education services, citing financial concerns and a desire to educate students locally. “We want to provide the best education possible for special-education students in the least-restrictive environment,” Stevenson High School spokesman Jim Conrey said.
Heritage 5K Run/3K Walk Aug 25, 2013 5:47 PM
The Rotary Club of Long Grove will be hosting the annual Heritage 5K Run/3K Walk on Saturday, Sept. 7.
Incumbents re-elected in Kildeer Countryside District 96 Apr 9, 2013 10:53 PM
The Kildeer Countryside District 96 school board will have a familiar look. All four sitting board members earned another term, according to unofficial vote totals. With all 26 precincts reporting, the top vote-getter was longtime board member and current board president Marc Tepper.
District 96 candidates debate transparency Mar 26, 2013 7:36 PM
Is Kildeer Countryside School District 96 doing enough to be transparent to its parents and taxpayers? For Gregory Smith, who's challenging four incumbents for a seat on the school board in next month's election, the answer is no. Smith is running for one of four seats at stake in the April 9 election. To win, he'll have to defeat one of four incumbents: Marc Tepper, Renee Klass, Robert Gauthier and James Strezewski.
Endorsements: Tepper, Klass, Gauthier, Strezewski for Kildeer-Countryside District 96 board Mar 19, 2013 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Robert Gauthier, Renee Klass, James Strezewski and Marc Tepper for Kildeer-Countryside Elementary District 96 school board.
- COD board again approves Breuder deal, despite outcry
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- 'Offensive image' sent to Fremd students
- See 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' at St. Viator
- Changes at animal control facility raising some concerns
- The language of love
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Ventura won't see 'American Sniper'; says Kyle is no hero
- 'Scrappy' Carpentersville skater wins national title
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Gurnee OKs $5.8 million in tax breaks for AKHAN
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- ISU student from Crystal Lake taken off life support
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Arlington Lakes to close for renovation for a year
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Blackhawks reporter Mike Spellman mourned as life of the press box
- COD gives Breuder $762,000 severance to retire in 2016
- COD attorney: Watchdog group trying to shut down college
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- Verdi: Spellman a great fit for any press box
- So many decisions ahead for Bears' new hires
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- ISU student from Crystal Lake dies; Lombard man charged
- Imrem: Seattle's 'Beast Mode' a godsend for media
- PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to email@example.com (id:4396445)
- TREE CLIMBER - Horticulture -Tree Climber 5-10 years exp., Bucket Truck exp. a plus. GRO Horticultural Enterprises, Inc. Phone -847-669-8658 (id:4396205) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565) MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) BANKING - Banking Credit Analyst/Wintrust Financial NW Suburbs, BA degree +2 yrs experience firstname.lastname@example.org EOE (id:4396485) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email email@example.com (id:4396220)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.