Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Kendall County
Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event Jan 26, 2015 5:50 AM
Fmr. Kane County Sheriff dies; Winds force early end to Norge ski-jumping competition; Elk Grove man facing trial on allegations he abused friend’s daughters; Man shot while walking along Elgin street; Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme; SAG Awards photo gallery; Big challenge ahead for Bears’ Fangio; White Sox fans happy to see Samardzija; Toews scores goal, 4 assists in All-Star game
Possible 3-6 inches of snow expected Saturday night, Sunday Jan 23, 2015 2:50 PM
Just as we were letting down our winter guard a bit, Old Man Winter is sneaking back in with the threat of snow this weekend.
Dawn Patrol: COD president’s $762,000 deal; Danica Patrick in Lombard Jan 23, 2015 5:49 AM
COD board says yes to $762,000 Breuder severance deal. Bail revoked for former Gavin teacher in sexual assault. Autistic man from Glendale Heights is missing. Patrick leads ‘Healthy Driven’ campaign in suburbs. Messmer sings national anthem at Geneva/Batavia game. 2 arrested in St. Charles tobacco shop robbery. Seabrook’s all-star honor well-deserved.
Dawn Patrol: O’Hare again the busiest; Barrington church break-in Jan 22, 2015 5:38 AM
O’Hare takes back busiest airport title. Fire damages home in North Aurora. Two charged in Barrington church break-in. Wauconda man accused of tire thefts in Palatine. Elgin man, woman face drug and gun charges. Tollway looks to hire minority contractors. Gase rejoins Fox as Bears offensive coordinator.
Dawn Patrol: Wauconda couple find missing man; Super Bowl matchup set Jan 19, 2015 5:45 AM
How Wauconda couple found missing Cary man; Man pleads guilty to exploitation of elderly father; Pedestrian injured in Rolling Meadows hit-and-run; Elgin man arrested after 45-minute car, foot chase; $270 million Jackpot winner has yet to come forward; Blackhawks drop third of last four games; Bears name Lucas director of player personnel
Dawn Patrol: Fire kills Des Plaines woman; pedestrian killed in lot Jan 16, 2015 5:41 AM
Des Plaines woman dies in fire caused by careless smoking materials. Pedestrian hit, killed by truck in Des Plaines parking lot. Police seeking info about missing Cary man. Sheriff Kramer: I removed federal inmates for officers’ safety. Guilty verdict in 2012 armed robbery at Streamwood Aldi. Lombard fire survivor testifies in murder, arson trial. Bears taking time hiring new coach.
Dawn Patrol: Boy killed on Rt. 20; Metra delays after Itasca crash Jan 15, 2015 5:51 AM
Elgin boy hit and killed by car. Drivers: Expect delays in Itasca while Metra makes repairs. Testimony: Suspect, victim argued before fatal fire. Aurora man found guilty of sexually abusing child. Aurora man gets 10 years for knife attack. Aurora police arrest 8 in Internet sting offering minors for sex. Bulls lose again, despite good game by Rose.
Dawn Patrol: Fears of homeless housing plan; fatal-arson trial Jan 13, 2015 5:49 AM
Homeless housing plan outside Lake Zurich raises fears. Rauner takes office, orders agencies to freeze nonessential spending. Benedictine president to retire. Firefighters save family’s cat in Bartlett. Trial set to begin in fatal Lombard arson case. Three Barrington High classrooms transformed. Bulls lose to magic.
Dawn Patrol: Ex-teacher faces more charges; 1 dead in St. Charles fire Jan 12, 2015 5:41 AM
Former teacher faces charges he molested second girl, videotaped both; One killed in St. Charles house fire; Rauner builds relationships with lawmakers ahead of inauguration; 'Boyhood' leads Golden Globes, 'Grand Budapest' upsets; Blackhawks dominate Minnesota 4-1; Bears to interview Austin; Kubiak stays put
More snow expected for much of suburbs tonight into Monday morning Jan 11, 2015 5:56 PM
More snow is in the forecast for much of the area Sunday evening into Monday morning, according to the National Weather Service. According to the weather service, much of the suburbs are likely to receive 1 to 2 inches of snow. The snow has begun and will be at its steadiest in the evening.
Dawn Patrol: Kane losing lucrative prisoner deal? District 214 anger Jan 9, 2015 5:53 AM
Kane County could lose $2.5 million if federal prisoner deal ends; Rosemont man killed by cop got settlement with Illinois Tollway; District 214 decision to stay open angers parents and students; Ex-trustee once banned from library objects to five candidates; Bears hire new GM, the youngest in NFL; Hawks hang tough for 4-2 win over Wild
Working indoors isn’t an option for everyone Jan 8, 2015 7:36 PM
A desk job never looked so good. As temperatures fell to minus 2 on Thursday morning, not everyone had the luxury of working indoors. Across the suburbs, park district employees, gas station attendants and grocery store workers ventured outside in the biting wind and frigid air.
Dawn Patrol: Cop shoots brother-in-law, police say; cold sticking around Jan 8, 2015 5:43 AM
Off-duty Rosemont cop shoots, kills brother-in-law, police say. Many schools closed again today due to cold. Medical examiner testifies in Antioch Twp. murder case. Jenner, Cannon to appear in Rosemont. Casino official backtracks on video gambling at wife’s S. Elgin restaurant. Blaze damages Naperville house. Lawmakers question Metra. Utah trounces Bulls at the United Center. Imrem says Ohio State isn't worthy.
Winter Weather Advisory for suburbs until 9 p.m. Jan 8, 2015 2:58 PM
Snow has started to fall in the suburbs, and drivers could face a messy commute this evening. The National Weather service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for the suburbs through 9 p.m. today. The forecast calls for 1-2 inches of snow for most of the area, with the potential for as much as 3 inches close to the Wisconsin border.
Dawn Patrol: Snow overnight; charge filed in Des Plaines teen’s murder Jan 6, 2015 6:05 AM
Weather causes flight delays, hazardous roads. Charges filed in Des Plaines teen’s murder. Resident in house explosion likely killed self, police say. Rauner picks Lincolnshire Republican to replace Topinka. New Kane sheriff announces shake-up in department leadership. Hyman kicked off ballot in South Elgin. Bulls rally in 4th, beat Rockets.
Dawn Patrol: March supports officers; more snow, bitter cold ahead Jan 5, 2015 5:52 AM
Hundreds march through snow in Oak Brook to support police officers; More snow expected with bitter cold Monday; WWII vet couldn’t make Honor Flight, so family brought Honor Flight to him; Funeral for longtime Elgin City Council member Gilliam set for Tuesday; Police: Waukegan man found dead was victim of homicide; Blackhawks defeat Stars 5-4 in OT; So many decisions ahead for Bears’ new hires
Snow arrives; 10 tips to handle Wednesday freeze Jan 5, 2015 11:23 PM
As snow moved into the area Monday evening, airlines reported delays and roads became increasingly more hazardous, officials said. By 9 p.m., an inch of snow had fallen in Batavia with an inch and a half in St. Charles and moderate snow falling throughout the suburbs, according to National Weather Service meteorologists.
Chill, snow and rain bring taste of winter to much of U.S. Jan 5, 2015 6:05 PM
A year after a brutally cold spell was blamed on something called the polar vortex — which was treated like a northern invasion by the media and as a conquering hero by children impressed by its power to close schools — this week’s chill is little more than what meteorologists like to call winter. Here are some questions — and answers — about the weather.
Today’s rain precedes bitter, bitter cold Jan 3, 2015 12:16 PM
The Winter Weather Advisory for the suburban area issued for last night’s combination of rain, sleet and snow expired at noon, but the National Weather Service says slick roads and bitter temperatures loom. According to the service’s latest forecast, rain is expected to continue falling between noon and 5 p.m., as temperatures climb to 34. Rain will eventually transition to snow, as temperatures drop, with less than one inch of accumulation possible.
Dawn Patrol: Round Lake Beach teen killed in wreck; New Year’s babies Jan 2, 2015 5:57 AM
Round Lake Beach teen killed in Fox Lake wreck. Babies waste no time entering world in 2015. ‘Reason for the freezin’ sends hundreds into lake. Illinois has no explanation for pot permit delay. Vernon Hills woman faces criminal charges again for lighting fires. Blackhawks taken down by Brouwer in Winter Classic. Bulls rally to beat Denver.
- Asteroid is coming -- and you can see it
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pradel praises 'teamwork' during 20 years leading Naperville
- Lawsuit filed in fatal Highland Park hospital shooting
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Counselors: Heroin treatment requires work, support
- Space heater blamed for Mount Prospect fire
- $1 million bail for Streamwood man in sex assault case
- Meet Naperville North's next principal
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Neighbors mourn woman killed in Barrington-area fire
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Billy Williams: This is a time to celebrate Ernie Banks
- Rivalry adds memorable game
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Girls basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- 63-year-old Grayslake woman drops 170 pounds
- Man shot while walking along Elgin street
- Society of respect begins with equal rights
- Just now concerned about middle class?
- Only 1 true patriot can save America
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- $270 million Mega Millions ticket sold in Glendale Heights
- Woodfield Mall reveals new look -- no more brick
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- Teen drug treatment addresses motivation, relationships
- LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 4/1-11/30/15) 10 openings w/ Paul Fritz Landscape Con-tractors, St. Charles, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in Kane & DuPage co's to lay sod/seed; grade; mow, trim, plant, water; fertilize, dig, rake, prune; pull/chop weeds; install segmental units; use tools;lift/ carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/educ; 40hpw; 7:30a-5:30p M-F; Sat work;$12.72/ hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; arranged shared rental housing. Fax resume to 8474640403 (id:4396491) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD15.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396415)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email email@example.com (id:4396639) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396257) DRIVER - A Class CDL driver -immed-iate position open -Glenview area. Hrly pay with benefits. Email: email@example.com (id:4396382)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) INSURANCE - Get Under the Umbrella Travelers is one of the nation's leading insurance service organizations, and we're hiring those who can excel in our fast-paced work environment. NOW HIRING in Lake County: Outside Property Claim Reps w/Experience APPLY TODAY at www.travelers.com/careers Job ID# 815632 Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. (id:4396528) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.