Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Kendall County
Dawn Patrol: Protests in Chicago after Ferguson cop not indicted Nov 25, 2014 5:39 AM
Grand jury doesn’t indict Ferguson cop. Naperville bar security to get more training. FAA avoids taking blame, suggests changes after Aurora sabotage. Teen critically injured in Gurnee crash. Suburbs see slight snow accumulation. Rose, Gasol return in win.
Dawn Patrol: Minimum wage vote possible today; Naperville ranked safest city for women Nov 20, 2014 6:33 AM
Minimum wage vote possible today in state Senate. Naperville ranked safest city for women. State police finish Carpentersville death probe. Aurora police charge 6 in burglaries. Libertyville seems unlikely to reverse video gambling ban. Blackhawks lose van Riemsdyk to tough break.
Griffin: Video gambling blamed for casino attendance drop Nov 19, 2014 5:06 AM
The Suburban Tax Watchdog column looks at Wayne Township taxpayers who don't want to keep covering the cost of an extra sheriff's patrol, Illinois gambling revenue that is up but leaves future revenue stability in question, and who pays for judges' robes in DuPage County. Spoiler alert: Taxpayers still do.
What's your one word for this cold weather? Nov 19, 2014 12:59 PM
With this recent round of unseasonably cold weather, we wondered what one word you would use to describe the conditions. Photojournalist Bob Chwedyk hit the streets to find out what your word would be.
Dawn Patrol: Report on post-traffic stop death; Cupich installation Nov 18, 2014 6:45 AM
Report: Internal bleeding killed Carpentersville man after arrest. Palatine man convicted of killing teen in 2003 crash arrested in another DUI. Former Gavin teacher turns himself in. Suburban sufferer of immune deficiency fights for insurance coverage. Cupich to become archbishop today. Car jumps curb, runs into Fox River Grove bank. Blackhawks’ Foley walks, talks among greats.
Dawn Patrol: Dog poisoned; Lake County murder suspect arrested Nov 13, 2014 5:54 AM
Lake County murder suspect captured. Man sentenced to 26 years for Mount Prospect slaying. Poisoned Schaumburg dog was deliberately targeted. Suburban priest remembered for prowess with homilies and hockey. Streamwood man pleads guilty to reckless conduct. Public gets chance to comment on Route 53/120 corridor. Rose teammates say actions speak louder than words.
Taxpayers in neighboring districts funding legal fight in Dist. 211 rape case Nov 12, 2014 11:19 AM
For eight years, taxpayers in three suburban school districts have been helping fund the fight against a lawsuit brought by the families of five former special education students who were raped by a classmate at a District 211 school. Offiicals think that's OK, but “I definitely think that if the school board was overseeing this there might be a little more understanding of the human toll of this case,” said Catherine Massarelli, representing four of the families.
Dawn Patrol: Veterans Day in the suburbs; fire hurts 1 in W. Chicago Nov 11, 2014 5:48 AM
It’s Veterans Day. Former Rep. Mikva to get Presidential Medal of Freedom. Three-alarm fire damages West Chicago area home. Man pleads not guilty in Lombard hate crime. Funeral home gains Lake Zurich approval. Aurora police seek help from public in hit and run. Lake County prosecutors: No charges yet in juvenile sexting, cyberbullying case. DuPage forest preserve releases director’s termination. Abreu named rookie of the year.
Dawn Patrol: Rauner says he won, Quinn doesn’t; more from election Nov 5, 2014 5:01 AM
Rauner says he beat Quinn; Quinn doesn't. Rauner got big numbers in the suburbs. Republicans surge to control of U.S. Senate. Burglars drive car through Ferragamo store in Aurora. Toews ignites Blackhawks’ scoring spree.
Dawn Patrol: All you need to know to vote; Maddon talks Cubs winning Nov 4, 2014 6:09 AM
All you need to know to vote today. New details on Bolingbrook man accused in terror support case. Waukegan man shot, killed by police in NorthShore Highland Park Hospital ER. Bolingbrook soccer coach charged with solicitation. Cruz trial experts dispute cause of newborn’s death. Probation, fine for Elgin woman who starved dog to death. Cook of the Week challenge winner: Jamie Andrade. Cubs welcome Maddon as new manager.
Griffin: Carpentersville is 'violating' state law, attorney general says Oct 29, 2014 5:02 AM
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office believes the village of Carpentersville is "violating" state public records laws by refusing to release arrest reports involving a man who died less than 24 hours after a traffic stop. But state FOIA law does not provide for sanctions or punitive action. “FOIA is only as powerful as the attorney general enforcing it,” said Maryam Judar, of the Elmhurst-based Citizen Advocacy Center.
Dawn Patrol: Racial slur in District 93; chaotic Waukegan meeting Oct 29, 2014 5:51 AM
Substitute teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom. Waukegan school board meeting boils over. Libertyville High School grad known for academic pursuits dies in Iowa crash. Lawyers in murder trial argue baby died before birth. Car crashes into Oakbrook Center store. Blackhawks lose to Ducks.
Dawn Patrol: Fremd cheers Teacher of the Year; Elgin man stabbed Oct 28, 2014 8:37 AM
Fremd teacher welcomed home as Teacher of the Year. Elgin man stabbed during fight at park. Woman stable after being hit by a train. Lake Forest hospital gets boost from John Hughes family. DUI suspect slams into Hoffman Estates school. Fire damages Batavia apartments. Chicago Bears ‘deserve the criticism.’
Sex slavery rampant in the suburbs, experts say Oct 24, 2014 1:35 PM
Sex slavery is rampant in the suburbs and Chicago, say FBI agents and victims advocates. About 25,000 women and underage girls are trafficked in, around and through local neighborhoods each year. "The people responsible for these crimes are the pimps and johns and those making money from the slaves,” said Congressman Randy Hultgren. "It's a local problem."
Dawn Patrol: Joe Biden in Vernon Hills; Batavia police seek cop attacker Oct 23, 2014 5:50 AM
Vice President Biden in Vernon Hills. Waukegan teachers strike continues. Batavia police looking for man who attacked officer. Carpentersville defies ruling to release post-traffic stop death details. Prospect Hts. man killed in Indiana crash. Long Grove man dies in crash. Prospect Hts. police save man from heroin overdose. Butler injury hopefully heals quick.
Griffin: Some residents taxed twice for sheriff patrols Oct 22, 2014 4:59 AM
Taxpayers from unincorporated areas in four DuPage County townships are spending an extra $530,648 this year to pay for special sheriff's patrols. While voters approved paying for the special patrols more than two decades ago, some are questioning it since those costs will balloon over the next four years.
Dawn Patrol: Quinn, Rauner in feisty debate; how deputies’ lives saved Oct 21, 2014 5:58 AM
Sheriff: Holiday Hills shooter ready to ‘finish off’ officers. Quinn, Rauner's final debate a feisty one. Hinsdale District 86 OKs teacher contract. Truck driver’s statements can be used in trial on I-88 crash. Early voting problems arise in Cook County suburbs. Aurora man dies in Naperville crash. Lombard doctor guilty of defrauding insurance companies. Abreu named top rookie.
Dawn Patrol: 2 McHenry deputies shot, manhunt ends; OD drug’s success Oct 17, 2014 6:17 AM
Holiday Hills shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him; man gets 78 years for shooting Elgin boy; judge says Crystal Lake South bleachers must come down; opiate overdose reversal drug saves 25 lives in DuPage; negotiations break down again in Waukegan school district; Streamwood father wins $1.3 million lottery prize.
Dawn Patrol: Mundelein firm selling Ebola gear; O’Hare screenings today Oct 16, 2014 6:03 AM
Demand up for Mundelein company’s Ebola fighting gear. Elgin officer fights termination. Man charged with twice robbing Crystal Lake 7-Eleven. Hampshire rescue going well, horses still available.N. Aurora man charged with robbery, theft.
Dawn Patrol: Ebola measures in suburbs; Biden in suburbs next week Oct 14, 2014 7:07 AM
Suburban hospitals play it safe with Ebola; one patient in Elgin put in isolation. Biden plans to show in suburbs for Schneider. Lake County investigators to be honored for baby killer case. Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry visits Arlington Heights store. Batavia school district to hold forum on referendum. Palatine artist repairing statue damaged twice in Chicago. Bears offense well-rounded in victory.
- Carpentersville cops not charged in death after arrest
- Rozner: Thankfully, Bears' season nearing end
- Imrem: Pride, integrity all that's left for Bears
- OPEC keeps oil output on hold despite low prices
- Elk Grove finalizes lineup for summer concert series
- Bears' play-calling inexplicably puzzling again
- Naperville police watching for street racing on 95th
- Schaumburg police reviewing 20-year-old murder case
- Great sense of pride at Glenbard West
- Step in the right direction for Vernon Hills
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- Carpentersville cops not charged in death; video released
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- George W. Bush coming to Naperville for book signing
- Driver critically injured after crashing into Streamwood home
- Derrick Rose plays just 10 minutes, Bulls lose
- Girls basketball scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- Kane plans 'No Refusal' DUI patrol on Black Wednesday
- Bone marrow registry drive for Buffalo Grove 4-year-old
- Rozner: Bears' treatment of Lynch makes more sense now
- Elk Grove finalizes lineup for summer concert series
- Missing Hoffman Estates girl found in Mount Prospect
- Authorities: Teen stole cars, charged at police, got shot
- Carpentersville cops not charged in death after arrest
- Rauner tackles full transition agenda
- Schaumburg incumbents unite against Moynihan
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Obama plan won't help all suburban immigrants
- Could CSO site disrupt DuPage's blue heron population?
- CONSTRUCTION - Construction PLOTE CONSTRUCTION -Construction Materials Sales Director needed for road builder in NW suburbs. See our website at www.plote.com for opportunity. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V (id:4391922) CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL CDL A DRIVERS Local City Runs That Make Money ! -Home Every Day & Weekends! -Comprehensive Benefits w/401K Match! -Strong, Stable and Friendly Company! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Bonus to the first 10 Drivers hired before December 15th, 2014. Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. The Custom Companies Inc. 317 W Lake Street Northlake, IL 60164 Email: email@example.com Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4391848) OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER - Real Estate OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER Round Lake Beach 5 to 10 years of similar or related experience. Equivalent to a four-year college degree or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending. To consult with members and non-members to find the best solutions to their mort-gage lending needs. Take applications for residential real estate loans. Evaluate the information for qualifying the applicant for the loan amount and program they are requesting. Participates in developing outside/external sources for real estate lending opportunities and expanding the Credit Union's membership base. 100% Commission Based. Resume to Fax: 847-265-5080; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please. EOE (id:4391813)
- COMPUTER-INFO SYSTEMS - Computer/IT: Hospira, Inc. seeks Senior Analyst in Lake Forest, IL. Understand, optimize, enhance & support processes on SAP platform & connected syst. Map business processes to standard SAP functionality & identify gaps, util exp w/ configuring SAP syst for General Ledger acctg. 20% travel. REQs: Bachelor's in Comp Engrg, Acctg, Finance or related & 7 yrs of exp SAP finance. In lieu of degree, will accept CPA or comparable accounting certification & 7 yrs exp. Must have exp config SAP syst for General Ledger acctg; config SAP syst for AR/AP; US GAAP reqs to configure SAP syst; SAP integration scenarios w/ SD & MM incl STO, direct shipment, 3rd party processing; & full cycle implementation, & end-user support. Send resume to: email@example.com ref REQ#: IL0008 (id:4390974) SR. TAX ANALYST-INTERNATIONAL - Sr. Tax Analyst-International Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Tax Analyst-International in Deerfield, IL with the following req: Master's degree in Business Administration or Accounting or Taxation or related field plus 3 years related experience including: prepare U.S. international tax compliance reporting including Forms 5471 (using Onesource), 926 and 1118 and foreign information reporting forms (W-8 and 1042) and Section 338 elections; calculate foreign tax credit, IRC 861 interest expense allocations and stewardship expense allocations, Subpart F amounts and Earning and Profits for foreign entities; utilize MS Excel to prepare APB 23 deferred tax liability, FIN 18 provision (also use Onesource), valuation allowance and NOL calculation for loss entities, FIN 48, calculation on impact of law changes on look-through rules; perform year end APB 23 analysis using MS Excel. Must possess CPA license. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must reference #KS103081. (id:4391504) INJECTION MOLD TOOL MAKER - INJECTION MOLD TOOL MAKER Experienced tool maker want-ed to repair existing molds and perform PM tasks. Knowledge of new mold designs is a plus. Located in Addison; wage negotiable. Please send resumes to email@example.com (id:4391553)
- HOTEL-MOTEL - Hotel-Red Roof Inn -Northbrook-Deerfield is seeking FT and PT Front Desk Help. Must have strong customer service skills, we'll train. Apply at 340 S Waukegan Rd. Deerfield-Northbrook, IL 60015. Call (847)205-1755 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4390967) NIGHT SHIFT - MILLING - Machinist-Wheeling CNC Shop need 2nd Shift Milling Machine operator. Flex hours Clean, A-C, 401K, Health Ins. 847-459-4629 or email@example.com (id:4391844) HEALTHCARE - OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN - OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN for a busy ophthalmology practice in Elgin. Fax resume 847-888-0652 (id:4391027)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.