Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Harper College
Suburban community colleges applaud Obama plan if money’s there Jan 10, 2015 7:30 AM
Suburban educators hailed President Obama’s plan to make community college as “free and universal as high school is today,” but acknowledged the proposal faces a tough sell with Illinois lawmakers who would have to loosen the state’s purse strings to join. “Whether the money can follow the good idea, that’s yet another issue,” said College of DuPage President Robert Breuder.
Harper College to hold live auction this weekend Jan 9, 2015 9:28 AM
A live auction will be held featuring hundreds of pieces of furniture, appliances and other items being cleared out to make way for an upcoming building renovation at Harper College.
Rauner expected to tour renovated Harper College building Jan 9, 2015 1:08 PM
Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner plans to visit Harper College’s Palatine campus to tour the new Career and Technical Education Center, opening for the spring semester after a two-year, $38 million renovation. State funding covered 75 percent of the project to transform Building H into classrooms and labs for some of Harper's most popular skills programs.
Harper duo has scoring mentality Jan 7, 2015 7:08 PM
Any time Joslyn Nicholson and Admir Suljic step into the Sports and Wellness Center on the Harper College campus — or any other gym, for that matter — they are in position to do what they do best: score. The Harper men’s and women’s basketball standouts have been finding plenty of success lately, both nationally and within the region. The duo has combined to be named NJCAA Division III or Region IV player of the week five times this season.
Harper trustees to vote on tuition proposal in February Jan 7, 2015 5:30 AM
Harper College officials plan to prepare a 2016 budget that closes a modest deficit.Although officials won’t unveil a draft budget until the summer, they are currently forecasting a $252,658 shortfall. It’s an outlook based on several assumptions, including credit-hour enrollment growing .8 percent. “That’s not a hard task for us to take on,” Harper President Ken Ender said of balancing the new budget.
Harper looks for better focus Jan 3, 2015 8:49 PM
The Harper women’s basketball team is hoping to show better focus after a one-sided loss to visiting Mid-Michigan Community College on Saturday. The Hawks fell 66-50 and hope to see improvement soon, especially with North Central Community College Conference games starting in the coming week. The Hawks’ first foe will be No. 4-ranked Rock Valley (8-4) on Wednesday. Against Mid-Michigan (9-4), Harper (6-9) didn’t score for the first 6:32.
Mid-Michigan gets defensive against Harper Jan 3, 2015 8:33 PM
Mid-Michigan Community College (5-8) finished a season sweep of Harper College (7-9), defeating the host Hawks 54-49 in nonconference men’s basketball play Saturday. “Both teams defended well,” said Mid-Michigan coach Kaleb House. “We hit a few more shots.” The Hawk most affected by the Lakers’ defense was Admir Suljic. In the teams’ first matchup Dec. 20, Suljic scored a career-high 35 points. This time, Harper’s freshman guard finished with 10 after shooting 4-for-14 from the field.
Suburbs abound with sledding, tubing, boarding options Jan 1, 2015 7:30 AM
Standing 830 feet tall, Mount Hoy in Warrenville might be the top destination in the suburbs for fans of high-speed sled runs downhill, but it's far from the only option. Sledding, tubing and snowboarding options abound.
Harper’s Child Learning Center gets state desgination Dec 28, 2014 4:15 PM
Harper College’s Child Learning Center has received the Gold Circle of Quality designation from ExceleRate Illinois, the state’s new quality rating and improvement system for early learning providers.
Two Harper fashion students win at London competition Dec 22, 2014 10:47 AM
Harper College students Myra Chung of Des Plaines and Meta McKinney of Arlington Heights recently placed first and second respectively at the annual Hand & Lock Prize in London, arguably the most prestigious competition in couture embroidery.
Harper’s Santa Claus for Paws to help furry friends Dec 22, 2014 7:29 AM
Harper’s Santa Claus for Paws to help furry friends
Investment expert to speak at Harper breakfast Dec 19, 2014 2:25 PM
Harper College will offer a free public economics lesson aimed at deciphering the economy and the financial market for 2015.
Harper’s Santa Claus for Paws collecting food for pet shelters Dec 18, 2014 3:31 PM
More than 10 years ago, Harper College administrative secretary Jennifer Pitek set out to help the furry felines in Illinois’ animal rescues by launching Santa Claus for Paws. The annual pet food drive, that later expanded to include canines, has netted thousands of pounds of donated food over the years.
Short-handed Harper barely fall short Dec 18, 2014 8:57 PM
In an ordinary basketball game, a new player enters when another is in foul trouble. “This wasn’t the most ordinary basketball game,” said Harper’s Joslyn Nicholson. Indeed. The Hawks’ women’s basketball team had to play with four players after guard Kim Herzog (Buffalo Grove) fouled out with 11:53 remaining in Thursday’s 70-68 loss to Ancilla College (Ind.).
Harper’s Nicholson nets national honor Dec 18, 2014 9:29 PM
Harper College women’s basketball player and Cary-Grove graduate Joslyn Nicholson has been named the NJCAA Division III Player of the Week by the NJCAA national office.
Harper wins a couple the hard way Dec 16, 2014 11:55 PM
In a battle of 5-win men’s basketball teams at Harper College’s Sports and Wellness Center on Tuesday night, the host Hawks came away with win No. 6. It didn’t come easily against Illinois Valley Community College, as Harper (6-7) managed to protect an 11-point halftime lead in prevailing 77-69.
Harper’s Nicholson earns player of the week acclaim Dec 15, 2014 9:42 PM
In the Region IV Report released on Monday morning, Harper sophomore Joslyn Nicholson (Cary-Grove) was selected as the NJCAA’s Region IV, Div. III Player of the Week. Nicholson, a 5-foot-10 forward, averaged 26 points, 14 rebounds, and 4.5 steals in two games last week while shooting 79 percent from the free throw line.
Have an entrepreneurial spirit? Dec 12, 2014 10:27 PM
Understanding business fundamentals is key to the success of a business. With that in mind, Harper College’s Small Business Development Center is holding a series of free workshops this winter aimed at assisting both prospective and current business owners in their ventures.
Harper’s Solsaa sidelined; Suljic nets NJCAA honor Dec 11, 2014 9:10 PM
The Harper College women’s basketball team got some good news recently, claiming their first victory in a run of five straight games on the road with a 70-65 triumph over host Oakton Community College on Tuesday. The bad news, though, was pretty bad: freshman guard Nastia Solsaa will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn ACL in her right knee during the second half of a loss at Elgin Community College on Nov. 25.
Get in spirit at popular ‘Sing-Along Messiah’ Concert Dec 9, 2014 2:12 PM
Harper College’s Festival Chorus will take a cue from a longstanding Chicago holiday tradition and hold its second annual "Sing-Along Messiah" Concert.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Naperville lottery winner sets record, has record
- Rosemont paid Garth Brooks $1 million for Allstate shows
- A Naperville man won $265 million, but who?
- Wheeling mayor: 'Enough' with runway study
- Report clears Wheeling officer in fatal crash
- Breuder: COD union's claims 'irresponsible,' 'unfounded'
- Emmett's Ale House coming to Wheaton
- Speed likely a factor in fatal Elgin crash
- Friends helping family of youth killed in crash
- George Kotsiopoulos talks 'Fashion Police' exit, new line
- Naperville lottery winner sets record, has record
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Why hands-free driving isn't risk-free
- Mannheim Steamroller drummer writes own symphony
- Dawn Patrol:Lottery winner sets record, has record; Rose hurt again
- Another knee surgery for Bulls' Rose
- Attorney: Accused teacher told 'tall tales'
- Rozner: Biggest loser in Rose injury saga is fans
- Griffin: Shoppers paid extra $1B in local sales taxes
- EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4398783) CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTNATIVE - Customer Service -First Federal Savings Bank is seeking an energetic individual for a Full-time Customer Service Representative position. Duties include teller work, opening new accounts and phone marketing. Prior banking experience is preferred. This position is available at our Elgin Office. Apply online at www.ffsbweb.com or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399030) TOOL MAKER - TOOL MAKER / PROJECT MANAGER Injection Molder is seeking a Project Manager/Tool Maker for immediate consideration. Candidate needs experience in the injection molding industry with hands on tooling experience and mold making capabilities. Elgin area. Email: email@example.com (id:4399042)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service SEASONAL STAFF Rail Europe, Inc., a European based company is in search of F/T Seasonal Staff employees to start work in March. The bilingual sales oriented consultants we seek must enjoy working w/ our customer base via email and/or Live Chat/Instant Messenger in a contact center environment. Strong customer service, writing and sales skills are a must. All paid training will be done in-house at our O'Hare office location. Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is required. Our $14/hr w/monthly sales incentive and Loyalty Bonus is just the start of our compensation package. We offer excellent Health and Travel benefits. Applicants may fax resumes to Attn: JW at 847-916-1002 or EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE (id:4398419) INSIDE AREA MANAGER - Sales -Advance Lifts, Inc. a leading manufacturer of material handling equipment, has an opening for an inside Area Manager. The Area Manager will be responsible for distributor sales in a national territory. A degree and an industrial sales background are required. Salary, commission, 401K, and medical. Fax your resume to Advance Lifts in St Charles, IL at 630-584-9405 or email to: email@example.com EOE M/F/D/V (id:4399026) DENTAL RECEPTIONIST - Busy state of the art dental practice in Arlington Hts. seeks FT dental receptionist. Exp. preferred. Call 847-398-8300 or fax resume to 847-398-8325 (id:4398876)
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Teacher FT Rolling Meadows PreSchool. Must be teacher qualified. Salary and benefits. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or vcarolling firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4398779) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep for order processing & general office work, strong phone skills needed. $10-11/HR Call Bob 847/972-6110 (id:4396948) APPOINTMENT SETTERS - Appointment Setters -DUPAGE ADULT CLUB hiring PHONE GIRLS to set up appointments. $12 an hour/ 8 Hour Shifts. Always hiring dancers. Clean cut environment. Drug testing/Background check. Call (630) 351-9035. Ask for Kelly or Mandi (id:4398881)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.