Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Grayslake District 46
Statewide honor for District 46 teacher Oct 22, 2014 5:55 PM
The Illinois Art Education Association has named Kimberly Butts of Avon Center School in Round Lake Beach as its 2014 Illinois Elementary Art Educator of the Year.
Brown Bag Forum in Grayslake: Oct 21, 2014 6:16 PM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 Superintendent Ellen Correll will host a Brown Bag Forum for 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 27.
Parents want all-day kindergarten at Grayslake District 46 Sep 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Citing moves at neighboring school systems, some parents say a full-day kindergarten program should be started at Grayslake Elementary District 46. Parents pitched the idea during public comment time at a District 46 board meeting this week. “This is something that needs to take place and needs to have action taken very much in the near future,” said parent Jamie Taylor.
Grayslake preschool screening: Aug 27, 2014 4:58 PM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 offers periodic screenings for 3- to 5-year-olds for entrance into the district preschool program.
Grayslake District 46 board member raises concern about trade association spending May 1, 2014 5:10 AM
Questions about the level of spending with a privately operated statewide education trade organization have surfaced at Grayslake Elementary District 46. Still, the Illinois Association of School Boards recently gained unanimous approval from District 46's elected officials to create an administrative procedures manual for $7,020.
Grayslake Middle School students and staff shave heads, raise money to fight cancer Apr 17, 2014 4:30 PM
About 40 Grayslake Middle School students and 10 staff and community members volunteered to have their heads shaved Thursday to raise money for the St. Baldricks Foundation to fight cancer. Participants were required to raise at least $35 to participate.
Grayslake District 46 looking at politically connected publicity firm Mar 27, 2014 5:21 AM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 officials are considering whether to hire a politically connected public relations firm to guide communication efforts there. “It’s not just getting our good news out there,” board member Jill Alfrejd said. “We need to be seen as the experts on District 46 education. There are steps to do that.”
Lake County schools consider sharing grant writer Mar 21, 2014 5:27 AM
Five Lake County school districts are considering an idea to split the cost of having an employee who would seek grants for all of them. It would be the latest example of local governments sharing resources in an effort to reduce costs to taxpayers.
Splat. Flying pies a reading reward at Frederick School in Grayslake Mar 19, 2014 10:41 PM
Frederick School students got a chance to throw chocolate cream pies at school librarian Robert Depke, and Assistant Principal Jodi Cinq-Mars, as a reward for participation in the Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Book Award program for fourth through eighth grade students in Illinois.
Science Olympiad in Grayslake a chance to learn, hang out with friends Mar 8, 2014 3:16 PM
Thirteen-year-old Jameson Loeffler usually doesn’t get stressed out during Illinis Science Olympiad events, but Saturday was a different story because his rotor egg drop was too big for the Grayslake Regional Science Olympiad held at College of Lake County. Altogether, about 900 students from 13 high schools and 16 middle schools participated.
District 46 preschool: Feb 12, 2014 6:52 PM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 will host the next in a series of periodic screenings for 3 to 5-year-olds for entrance into the preschool program on Friday, Feb. 21, officials said in a news release.
Grayslake woman will repay $17,000 she stole from Frederick School PTO Jan 24, 2014 7:18 PM
The former treasurer of a Grayslake school parent teacher organization who has pleaded guilty to stealing money from the group will pay $17,000 in restitution, an amount victims say is far less than what was taken.
Grayslake boil order rolls into Friday due to water pressure drop Jan 9, 2014 4:59 PM
Grayslake's boil order for drinking water will continue through at least part of Friday, the result of a pressure loss in the village's system.
Rebecca Caudill time at Grayslake’s Frederick School Jan 6, 2014 10:23 AM
Some Grayslake Elementary District 46 students again are participating in the Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Book Award program.
Exploring the Lake County newsmakers for 2013 Dec 29, 2013 2:51 PM
A college student who made the final of a national potatio chip flavor contest, a retiring village manager and two police chiefs who took other jobs were among Lake County's 2013 newsmakers.
Top 10 Lake County stories of 2013 Dec 26, 2013 9:42 AM
From flooding to crime to a battle over election power, 2013 featured a variety of stories that made big news in Lake County. Some involved controversial issues that stretched out over months before being resolved, while others were single instances that quickly caught the attention of readers. All helped shaped the county in the past year.
Former Frederick School PTO treasurer in Grayslake pleads guilty to theft Dec 19, 2013 2:37 PM
A Grayslake woman pleaded guilty in Lake County court Thursday to stealing money from the Frederick Elementary School parent teacher organization while serving as its treasurer. Elizabeth Bako, 42, of the 300 block of Woodland Drive, was sentenced through a negotiated settlement to 24 months of probation and 100 hours of community service after pleading guilty to one count of felony theft. She will also have to pay restitution.
Grayslake District 46 increasing property tax levy Dec 16, 2013 4:33 PM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 taxpayers are expected to receive a higher bill to fund the school system’s needs next year. Board members have agreed to seek the maximum amount of money next year through what’s called a tax levy.
District 46 hikes employee card spending limit Dec 13, 2013 5:00 AM
Grayslake Elementary District 46 board members have authorized a significant boost in the spending limit for procurement cards, which had been a source of debate in the past. Commonly known as p-cards, the program is a way for employees to pay for business-related expenses. Many governments issue what’s similar to a debit card to the employees, who often have varying spending limits.
Authorities: Woman to pay restitution in Grayslake PTO theft Dec 5, 2013 12:32 PM
A woman accused of stealing from the Frederick School PTO agreed to pay $10,000 to the organization in Lake County court Thursday. Elizabeth Bako, 42, signed the restitution agreement with the parent teacher organization prior to her trial beginning Jan. 6. Prosecutors said Bako is due back in court Dec. 19 to potentially settle with a plea agreement.
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- McGraw: Bulls, Cavs should be a good rivalry this season
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Glen Ellyn students' costumes are saintly, not scary
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.